Author Topic: Dr.Dre Confirms Detox  (Read 3295 times)

Okka

Re: Dr.Dre Confirms Detox
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »

Sorry if these has already been posted and discussed.

Cant wait to hear the final result.

That's a song called "Fist Full Of Dollaz" and it's over 10 years old.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
you can't speak for me.

the last time i was anticipating Detox was in 2008.
i still read the news & i'm curious enough to listen to singles if they ever see the light of the day, but the idea of a Detox release doesn't really sound exciting to me anymore.

why would you even be excited in 08?? lol nothing was even said that year other than bishop saying it'll be out by the end of the year ..this year game reunited with dre, several pictures have been posted of dre and numerous artists detoxing in the lab, snippets of beats/songs from the studio. You didn't get any of that in 08. And all of the sudden Dre himself is speaking on the project not bishop lamont.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
only thing i see from posts writin like 'detox is a myth' 'detox will never come out' etc. is hate, pure hate..

LOL how am I hating?  :D  Dr. Dre is the GOAT producer and made the greatest hip hop album of all time.  But he's not in his prime anymore.  It wasn't hating Michael Jordan to say that he wasn't in his prime anymore when he was with the Wizards.  Facts are facts.  It took, what, a year / year and a half to make The Chronic.  It took about three or four years to make 2001.  And it's taking eight years or more to make Detox (assuming it's real).  It's taking longer and longer for Dre to make quality music.  Facts are facts.

I also don't know how me saying Detox is a myth is hating on Dr. Dre.  Skepticism and doubtfulness do not mean the same thing as hate.  Check a dictionary.

Finally, I've had this screename for about three years now.  I've given Aftermath ample time to release Detox and make me look foolish.  I promise not to change my screename if Detox comes out  :D  Meanwhile, I keep waiting and waiting for them to prove me wrong...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:08:33 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Paul

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2010, 12:12:30 PM »
you can't speak for me.

i still read the news & i'm curious enough to listen to singles if they ever see the light of the day, but the idea of a Detox release doesn't really sound exciting to me anymore.

Liar  ;D
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »
you can't speak for me.

why would you even be excited in 08?? lol nothing was even said that year other than bishop saying it'll be out by the end of the year ..this year game reunited with dre, several pictures have been posted of dre and numerous artists detoxing in the lab, snippets of beats/songs from the studio. You didn't get any of that in 08. And all of the sudden Dre himself is speaking on the project not bishop lamont.
well i meant to say that i used to anticipate Detox, until 2008.
i thought it was dropping in 2008: it turned out i was fooled by interscope's marketing.

if you really think that Dre didn't speak on Detox in 2008 then you were probably living under a rock.

and the pictures & snippets is just to tease you.
so what Dre's back with Game?
Game was on Aftermath with earlier sessions of Detox, so what else is new?

Sikotic™

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Fuck Detox or the headphones, I want a piece of Maria's ass.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
only thing i see from posts writin like 'detox is a myth' 'detox will never come out' etc. is hate, pure hate..

LOL how am I hating?  :D  Dr. Dre is the GOAT producer and made the greatest hip hop album of all time.  But he's not in his prime anymore.  It wasn't hating Michael Jordan to say that he wasn't in his prime anymore when he was with the Wizards.  Facts are facts.  It took, what, a year / year and a half to make The Chronic.  It took about three or four years to make 2001.  And it's taking eight years or more to make Detox (assuming it's real).  It's taking longer and longer for Dre to make quality music.  Facts are facts.

I also don't know how me saying Detox is a myth is hating on Dr. Dre.  Skepticism and doubtfulness do not mean the same thing as hate.  Check a dictionary.

Finally, I've had this screename for about three years now.  I've given Aftermath ample time to release Detox and make me look foolish.  I promise not to change my screename if Detox comes out  :D  Meanwhile, I keep waiting and waiting for them to prove me wrong...

due to official info from dre interviews and a music facts - dre wasnt making detox for whole 8 years.. he was givin beats away and was stoppin works on detox for other artists... also music industry is changin so he couldnt actually keep those old songs for detox.. so its no like that, that he was workin on it for 8 years... and thats sure

and i called (well) you and some others a haters (whoever feel like i was talkin to him.. i was), couse as i said before no matter what is the news you are sayin that its false without thinkin bout that.. every news bout detox.. thats not skepticism or anything like that, its str8 hating, best example of it

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Dre needs to make the best album ever. So of course it's going to take him time and songs from 5 years ago isn't detox. He's restarted the direction of the album several times now. For all you know it's taken him a year to work on this NEW PROJECT. How is he past his prime? These beats your going to hear are going to be ridiculous while he's given his throw aways to jay z, 50, game (documentary assuming his beats on RED will be of detox nature) and eminem and he can't be past his prime in rapping, he's not writing his shit lol

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
you care enough to check these threads though...and game is an improved artist and he was off of aftermath for 5 years, now he's back. That's definitely something to talk about after that whole beef with g unit he got the last laugh and ended up back on aftermath, and no i heard bishop rave about detox in 08. Never dre, just saw him at an award show once say detox its coming!

you can't speak for me.

well i meant to say that i used to anticipate Detox, until 2008.
i thought it was dropping in 2008: it turned out i was fooled by interscope's marketing.

if you really think that Dre didn't speak on Detox in 2008 then you were probably living under a rock.

and the pictures & snippets is just to tease you.
so what Dre's back with Game?
Game was on Aftermath with earlier sessions of Detox, so what else is new?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »
curiosity & anticipation are two different things

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG

Finally, I've had this screename for about three years now.  I've given Aftermath ample time to release Detox and make me look foolish.  I promise not to change my screename if Detox comes out  :D  Meanwhile, I keep waiting and waiting for them to prove me wrong...

due to official info from dre interviews and a music facts - dre wasnt making detox for whole 8 years.. he was givin beats away and was stoppin works on detox for other artists... also music industry is changin so he couldnt actually keep those old songs for detox.. so its no like that, that he was workin on it for 8 years... and thats sure

and i called (well) you and some others a haters (whoever feel like i was talkin to him.. i was), couse as i said before no matter what is the news you are sayin that its false without thinkin bout that.. every news bout detox.. thats not skepticism or anything like that, its str8 hating, best example of it

The bolded part is what absolutely kills me.

Why do artists insist on having their shit sound just like everyone elses??? Is that really a prerequisite for record sales?

808's and Heartbreak sounded nothing like the other shit out there, but it sold cuz Kanye promoted it with confidence and put his million dollar name on it.

So Dre, being paranoid, probably scrapped songs... and replaced them with ones where Fergie sings the hook in autotune, and TI raps the guest verse because that is what is current.

It's really ridiculous if you think about it. Detox will sell no matter what - the hype is gigantic, and Dre's name still sells (just look at the Documentary and Relapse). And if he makes this album unique.... it will CHANGE the game. There is absolutely no need for him to conform to the sound of today. He should just make the best hip-hop possible....

I know that some of you on here are questioning whether Detox will sell - and it's a legitimate concern. However, I see parallels between the hype behind this and the hype behind Tha Carter III, so I'm predicting that Detox will do a milli week 1. You also have to factor in that a lot of places (such as my local best buy) were sold out of Tha Carter III two days after release. With Detox, they will probably ship a more accurate amount, which will only help sales.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:28:56 PM by anash50 »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
due to official info from dre interviews and a music facts - dre wasnt making detox for whole 8 years

Yes he has been.  Detox was first announced in 2002.  He worked on it, then stopped when he wasn't satisfied with the end result.  So he gave those beats away to artists.  Then he repeated the cycle two or three more times.  The fact is he hasn't been pleased with the end result for 8+ years that he's been working on this album (assuming it's real).  Meanwhile, it took him about 16 months to make the quality of The Chronic.  Let the difference sink in.

no matter what is the news you are sayin that its false without thinkin bout that.. every news bout detox.. thats not skepticism or anything like that, its str8 hating, best example of it

Touche.  I can say the same thing -- no matter how many years go by, we keep hearing that Detox is coming soon...and then it doesn't drop.  At some point you have to put up or shut up.  If you keep believing the Aftermath marketing dept.'s talking points, it's like still believing in Santa Claus even though you've been told time and time again he doesn't exist.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »
One friend of mine who's not into hip hop at all thinks dr.dre and snoop dogg is the same person. lol. Just wanted to share  :laugh:
The regular people never heard about detox until they see the actual thing on tv/radio....Cant wait.

lol classic

Trying not to get my hopes up but its good to hear something from dre on it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
due to official info from dre interviews and a music facts - dre wasnt making detox for whole 8 years

Yes he has been.  Detox was first announced in 2002.  He worked on it, then stopped when he wasn't satisfied with the end result.  So he gave those beats away to artists.  Then he repeated the cycle two or three more times.  The fact is he hasn't been pleased with the end result for 8+ years that he's been working on this album (assuming it's real).  Meanwhile, it took him about 16 months to make the quality of The Chronic.  Let the difference sink in.
the chronic and detox is a diffrent thing.. dre wanted to release the chronic fast to get on the market quicker, he was in some kind of rush.. but he isnt in any rush wit detox and he really want it to be perfect as he was sayin that in lot of interviews.. dont compare those 2 albums, couse its totally diffrent thing..
no matter what is the news you are sayin that its false without thinkin bout that.. every news bout detox.. thats not skepticism or anything like that, its str8 hating, best example of it

Touche.  I can say the same thing -- no matter how many years go by, we keep hearing that Detox is coming soon...and then it doesn't drop.  At some point you have to put up or shut up.  If you keep believing the Aftermath marketing dept.'s talking points, it's like still believing in Santa Claus even though you've been told time and time again he doesn't exist.
childish

Dome

• Muthafuckin' OG

TRUE

LOOOL