Author Topic: Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be Available in Deluxe Surround Sound Version  (Read 4907 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Yup.  That's right.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/videos/id.5224/title.dr-dre-lebron-james-opening-day-batting-practice

Equivalent to watching 2-D and 3-D films.  Should be pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:14:49 PM by Laconic »

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be Available in Deluxe Surround Sound Version
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
Yup.  That's right.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/videos/id.5224/title.dr-dre-lebron-james-opening-day-batting-practice

i'm not much of an audiophile. can you elaborate what this means?

Also, is this going to add 2 years to production time?

Keep in mind that Snoop said he's going into cut vocals this month. So if he hasn't even spit his shit yet... i mean is it gonna take 3 months to engineer it into Surround Sound?

Also, why the 2-D / 3-D reference? Are you saying that the audio in this is to audio on any other album as imax is to reg movie?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »
Yup.  That's right.

i'm not much of an audiophile. can you elaborate what this means?

Also, is this going to add 2 years to production time?

Keep in mind that Snoop said he's going into cut vocals this month. So if he hasn't even spit his shit yet... i mean is it gonna take 3 months to engineer it into Surround Sound?

Also, why the 2-D / 3-D reference? Are you saying that the audio in this is to audio on any other album as imax is to reg movie?

I'm just reporting what Dre said in the interview.  As far as what he means...we shall see...but I assume that there will be 2 different versions of the album...reg and deluxe.  But who knows for sure.  He's most def trying to revolutionize the music game again though.

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »
detox is gonna suck a fat cock and all u little stans are gonna be salty as shit. dr. dre needs to quit fucking around with jay-z's illuminati ass and get some real spitters on the album. not washed up bums from a secret society. FUCK GAY-Z. honestly pac would roll over in his grave if fucking gay-z was on the album. he always preached killuminati. KILL-ILLUMINATI.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »
I won't believe Detox is even getting released before I see it in stores.

kemizt

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:06 PM »
so this means a 5 year delay? 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »
detox is gonna suck a fat cock and all u little stans are gonna be salty as shit. dr. dre needs to quit fucking around with jay-z's illuminati ass and get some real spitters on the album. not washed up bums from a secret society. FUCK GAY-Z. honestly pac would roll over in his grave if fucking gay-z was on the album. he always preached killuminati. KILL-ILLUMINATI.

Thanks for your two cents of positivity.

I won't believe Detox is even getting released before I see it in stores.

Yeah pretty much but it seems like the technology is there for this release to actually occur the way he wants it to be heard.  Usually I stay away from Detox threads but all the public appearances lately by Dre are a good sign.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »
are there any other albums out in surround sound ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

EFFeX

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »

I guess Pac is already rolling in his grave considering Jay wrote for 2001.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 12:56:13 PM »

I guess Pac is already rolling in his grave considering Jay wrote for 2001.

pac ain't wasting his time in heaven worrying about dr.dre or jay-z, he rolling wit the real big dogz up there.... ;)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

Apparently there are some awards for "Surround Sound" albums but I'm not so sure Detox will be the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Surround_Sound_Album
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:01:29 PM by Laconic »

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »

Yes. A lot. Most of the albums are available in Japan. I think you can buy a lot of DTS albums on amazon & eBay too.

• Muthafuckin' OG

KURUPTION-81

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

• Muthafuckin' OG