Author Topic: Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be Available in Deluxe Surround Sound Version  (Read 4919 times)

Okka

Re: Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be Available in Deluxe Surround Sound Version
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »
so this means a 5 year delay?

Nah, more like 12 years.

Muhfukka

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
surround sound cds are crazy, i know a dude who has a lexus with bubble eyes and surround sound and it sounds nuts

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
Does surround sound require a special device or just regular old player>

Are there surround sound digital files?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Muhfukka

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
Does surround sound require a special device or just regular old player>

Are there surround sound digital files?
i think a dvd player hooked up to of course a surround sound system works, but having it in your car is expensive as fuck. i know its actually a dvd and not a cd but im not into that technical shit

Muhfukka

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
they should redo 2001 in surround sound if thats possible, i wouldnt mind hearing that shit

the ghost

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »
This just in.....Detox to be released on 8 track only.

Matty

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 03:42:09 PM »
surround sound dvd-audio / super audio cd discs are absolutely crazy. i've bought quite a few dvd-audio albums recently, but there is very little hip-hop on either format. i had a friend come over for a listening session and he was like damn, i never wanna listen to music in stereo again :laugh:

although some of the music i got is supposedly some of the very best surround mixes out there.

Muhfukka

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
surround sound dvd-audio / super audio cd discs are absolutely crazy. i've bought quite a few dvd-audio albums recently, but there is very little hip-hop on either format. i had a friend come over for a listening session and he was like damn, i never wanna listen to music in stereo again :laugh:

although some of the music i got is supposedly some of the very best surround mixes out there.
yeah what rap/hip hop is even in that format right now?

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »
so its in 5.1 right ? It's useless to have surround album with headphones ?

dre talked about doing the album in 5.1 in 2004 or even before.

by the way, bishop also stated that dre will release an intrumental version but with different variations on the beats (more complex). So there could be 4 versions of the album in total : stereo, instrumentals (stereo), surround, intrumental (surround).
A double disc with instrumental version included would be really cool though.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:49:34 PM by da chronic »

The D.O.C and

Matty

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »
list of almost all 5.1 dvd-audio discs: http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/dvdalist.htm

you can play dvd-audio discs on any pc with a dvd drive, but you need the right software and obviously a 5.1 soundcard/speaker set-up.

hip-hop discs that i know of on dvd-a:

'missy elliot - so addictive' - i have this, can be picked up for next to nothing, like a couple of bucks. very good disc for 5.1 mixing. mix done by tim's recording engineer jimmy douglass who recorded the album in the first place.

'n.e.r.d. - in search of' - supposed to be a really awesome 5.1 mix, i can imagine it would be. really rare, not been able to get hold of it.

'outkast - stankonia' - could imagine this being great, but read the 5.1 is not particulaly exciting considering the material, so haven't picked it up yet.

outside of hip-hop though, there are some absolutely incredible discs and 5.1 mixes 8)

Muhfukka

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »
yeah my friend who has it in his car didnt have any rap cds for it, to be honest i dont even remember what he did have but i remember just the little demo cd that came with it and showed off how crazy it was sounded insane

the ghost

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »
Nice lists.  Thanks Matty.  I would love to hear some Donald Fagen 5.1

sweetdudejim

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »
detox is gonna suck a fat cock and all u little stans are gonna be salty as shit. dr. dre needs to quit fucking around with jay-z's illuminati ass and get some real spitters on the album. not washed up bums from a secret society. FUCK GAY-Z. honestly pac would roll over in his grave if fucking gay-z was on the album. he always preached killuminati. KILL-ILLUMINATI.

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck what Tupac woulda thought about the album. He was a horrible human being and got shot. Dr. Dre on the other hand cares more about making good music than insulting others and still has others looking forward to his albums than has his fans worrying about halfass little "songs" like "If Theres a Cure" which were never meant to see the day of light and having his mom rip apart his catalogue by putting a bunch of morons all over his 'new' albums.

Muhfukka

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck what Tupac woulda thought about the album. He was a horrible human being and got shot.
hahaha props

Matty

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
the best disc i have and i think this is one of the most highly rated over on that quadraphonicquad site is 'talking heads - speaking in tongues'. shit is insane 8)

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?6943-Talking-Heads-SPEAKING-IN-TONGUES-DVD-A-DualDisc

average ratings for surround sound discs: http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQHiRezPoll2004.htm

'santana - supernatural' is also a really good one i picked up, its dramatically different to the audio cd version, which is really squashed up in comparison. sounds like your at a live concert 8)

hopefully dre will release detox in a high-definition, downloadable, multi-channel format. FLAC could and should be the ticket. they already did a downloadable cd quality FLAC release for 'relapse'.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:09:49 PM by Matty »