Author Topic: Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be Available in Deluxe Surround Sound Version  (Read 4929 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be Available in Deluxe Surround Sound Version
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 04:09:03 PM »
the best disc i have and i think this is one of the most highly rated over on that quadraphonicquad site is 'talking heads - speaking in tongues'. shit is insane 8)

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?6943-Talking-Heads-SPEAKING-IN-TONGUES-DVD-A-DualDisc

'santana - supernatural' is also a really good one i picked up, its dramatically different to the audio cd version, which is really squashed up in comparison. sounds like your at a live concert 8)

hopefully dre will release detox in a high-definition, downloadable, multi-channel format. FLAC could and should be the ticket. they already did a downloadable cd quality FLAC release for 'relapse'.
yeah thats what he had, santana. shit sounded crazy and im not even a big santana fan.we were on the freeway and after we took the santana off and put on some rap it sounded so fuckin bad right after haha
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:11:16 PM by Muhfukka »

Suga Foot

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »
From what I know, you can only mix an audio cd with Left and Right.  But with DVD audio or SACD's you can use 5 speakers.

Okka

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 04:12:44 PM »
by the way, bishop also stated that dre will release an intrumental version but with different variations on the beats (more complex). So there could be 4 versions of the album in total : stereo, instrumentals (stereo), surround, intrumental (surround).
A double disc with instrumental version included would be really cool though.

You think Jimmy Iovine will let Dre release 4 albums in these days when records don't sell shit, man you must be jokin', right?

Muhfukka

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »
by the way, bishop also stated that dre will release an intrumental version but with different variations on the beats (more complex). So there could be 4 versions of the album in total : stereo, instrumentals (stereo), surround, intrumental (surround).

You think Jimmy Iovine will let Dre release 4 albums in these days when records don't sell shit, man you must be jokin', right?
if detox really does come out i could see that happening but probably not all at once

Matty

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »
From what I know, you can only mix an audio cd with Left and Right.  But with DVD audio or SACD's you can use 5 speakers.

yup, dvd-audio kind of flopped. super audio cd tends to be more popular among audiophiles, but still a really small market. good thing is a lot of dvd-audio discs and dual-disc dvd-audio releases can be found pretty cheaply. i'd love to hear some super audio cds in stereo and 5.1, but you need a dedicated/high-end player for those. early ps3 consoles can play them too.

i would hope they'd use multi-channel FLAC files in the future.

Okka

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 04:19:25 PM »

if detox really does come out i could see that happening but probably not all at once

I really don't see it happenin'. It's 2010, EVERYBODY is downloadin' music. Does anybody know how much the instrumental album of "2001" did sell?

the ghost

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »
Wheres that mutherfucker J Bananas at?  He can answer a lot of these questions.  Maybe they are on to something, mix it on some weird format so it wont be so easy to rip?

Muhfukka

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

I really don't see it happenin'. It's 2010, EVERYBODY is downloadin' music. Does anybody know how much the instrumental album of "2001" did sell?
yeah i know but im pretty sure they will at least release an instrumental version, its not like they have to promote it alot or anything. and with the surround sound versions, you have to remember most of the people in that market are older and have jobs and money to buy that kind of equipment, these are the kinds of people who are still willing to drop money for good music. i mean at this point i still dont realistically think detox is coming out but i still see this shit as a possibility

Quadruple OG

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
Dr. Dre should make sure Detox is available first before being available in Deluxe Surround Sound

Okka

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
True that, the first single better be droppin on Friday. We have waited for too long.

MarshColin

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
dre talked about doing the album in 5.1 in 2004 or even before.

Yup! This is not really anything new. Im surprised the rest of you didn't remember this.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »
dre talked about doing the album in 5.1 in 2004 or even before.

Yup! This is not really anything new. Im surprised the rest of you didn't remember this.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »
dts albums have been available for years in stores...years...most rap albums in the us dont have the dts version tho...ive seen it mostly in other muzik genre's that have it

are there any other albums out in surround sound ?

Yes. A lot. Most of the albums are available in Japan. I think you can buy a lot of DTS albums on amazon & eBay too.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lucifuge

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »
looooool at this Pac shit..rolling in grave hahahahaha... :D :Ddamn this pac stans are the funniest thing in music industry :D :D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »

but don't forget that interscope is willing to spend a lot of money on Detox