Author Topic: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping This Month  (Read 10670 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping Friday
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
Damn Jay-Z is disliked/hated lol.

He wrote Still D.R.E. that turned out alright. Who's to say the formula wont work again?

I don't care who writes it. Jay-Z is great at writing we all know that. But I don't want to hear his voice. I don't like Jigga as a rapper.

TRG

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »

He wrote Still D.R.E. that turned out alright. Who's to say the formula wont work again?

I don't care who writes it. Jay-Z is great at writing we all know that. But I don't want to hear his voice. I don't like Jigga as a rapper.

And thats fair enough. Im the same with other rappers.

I just dont think people are even gonna give it a chance. Like they've already made they're mind up about the track. Which they havnt even heard yet.

Okka

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2010, 06:19:59 PM »
I just dont think people are even gonna give it a chance. Like they've already made they're mind up about the track. Which they havnt even heard yet.

Yeah, and that is fuckin bullshit. How can you judge somethin' you haven't heard.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:22:44 PM by Okka »

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
I feel the same, I think its related more to the headphones than Detox itself, its simply being put out the test the waters and Dre's relevance.

Yeah.  I wish they would make a video for Under Pressure so we could see if it says Detox in the credits as its album affiliation.

I wrote this in the other thread but I'll repeat: it doesn't make sense to release a lead single 7 months before the album drops.  The whole album would leak within that 7 month interim, and Detox would get pushed back all over again.

One thing is for sure, if Detox is real, it will be a very mainstream album.  As for the rest of what's been discussed recently, I'm probably not going to post in any more Detox threads because it's just not worth the effort.  When people dismiss The Chronic as being a rushed album and Still Dre is better than all of The Chronic and when people say Detox is going to be perfection with no way to back up that claim...it's just people showing their age (teenagers) who weren't around when Dre was the Michael Jordan of hip hop and who don't understand how great he was.  Elif4zaggin, The Chronic, Doggystyle ... that's a hell of a run 20 some odd years ago.  I don't see how you can just all of a sudden go back to being in your prime 20 years later, let alone surpass it.  That's not how athletes, artists, creative people operate.  You rise and fall.  I question the artistic inspiration for Detox.  I'm sure it will be technically mind-blowing.  But great art is not necessarily about technique alone (engineering, mixing, etc. "studio craft" in a nutshell).  Studio craft doesn't make great art, and I've yet to be convinced Dre is artistically inspired right now.  Hell, they're promoting Dre's music based on its technique (i.e. the way it sounds -- sheer acoustics) not based on artistic inspiration -- I mean, not based on a brand new idea, such as G-Funk.  That has me very concerned.

Anyway, I'm out until Dre drops some music.

Good post... but the only thing I have a comment on is... he don't have to be inspired. He's got ghostwriting from not only the hottest niggas in the game, but the most hungriest and "inspired" up and comers in their prime... ie: Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, Slim the mobster etc... these niggas get signed amd spend years of their careers writing for this album...
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »
lol at people saying detox HAS to be a west coast album. did eminem, six-two and devin the dude ruin 2001 because they weren't from your beloved coast? fuck no
its a new era and i think some people are expecting 2001 all over again
you want a strictly west coast album? who the fuck you gonna put on it?
let's see
Snoop (yeah if he let's the DOC write his verses)
Daz (fuck no)
Kurupt (yes)
Game (if he doesn't mention the who's who of hip hop in his verse)
Bishop (yeah i guess)
Mac Shawn (yes...only if every other rapper is dead)
so that doesn't give you much of a westcoast album.
Put an artist from somewhere else on the album and maybe these west coast bums will realise that if they want to be on a dre beat they need to step their game up.
Might be a few suicides when the tracklist is released.
I'll judge the track when i hear it....not before.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sofdark

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
haha man, i don't know who to trust but this time, Dre and Jimmy even talked about the single on the interview at baseball field.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Yeah, and that is fuckin bullshit. How can you judge somethin' you haven't heard.
I get the feeling that's gonna be the case quite a bit with Detox. I can only imagine how many people on this forum are gonna throw temper tantrums when the tracklist is announced. Shit, people have been bitching about it for years just based off the rumored guests. It wasn't much different in the wake of "2001". Yes, now it's a classic to just about everyone but back then, it was why is Eminem on there and not Daz or whoever?

It's not gonna be a West Coast album and doesn't need to be.

dameons

« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
A club type track is not the goods ... I have lost excitement , honestly .

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
waitin 10 years and you lost excitement...lthat easy...lol
what if they outdid the dopeness of still dre?

A club type track is not the goods ... I have lost excitement , honestly .
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

DSOD2476

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2010, 10:24:45 PM »
Some of you are so fucking stupid it makes me ashamed to even be a fan of hip hop.  Let Dre drop the music and then judge.  I think most of you must dislike Jay-Z because you are too fucking ignorant to understand what he is even saying.  You need a dumb ass westcoast rapper to speak in fucking 1st grade vocabulary to "get it".  You probably even need a motherfucking picture book to go with the lyrics so you can absorb it.  Most of you guys had shit in your diaper when there was an east coast/west coast rivalry.  That shit is over but some of you have no mommy's or daddy's.....just westcoast music to love.  It is fucking pathetic. Think with your own mind and ears....not what your stupid ass crew with no individuality or direction tell you to like.  There is a whole spectrum of hip hop you are missing out on due to your ignorance.  Thats why hip hop gets a bad rap....to many stupid fuckfaces claiming hatred to a fucking geographical location that most of you have never even been to.  West coast/east coast....last I checked they are still rapping in fucking English to a beat looped on the same computer program  talking about the same shit.  Fucking be original.  Be a fucking open minded person....Do you see fucking rock, country, r and b, and any other music fans claiming an allegiance to a fucking coast?  No!  Those genres and their fans make some of you look like stupid ass ignorant motherfuckers.  Its like you guys are fighting over a crumbs or a piece of cat shit.  If those I am speaking of above represent the future of hip hop its no wonder why we get shit albums from these untalented pieces of shit putting out records trying to imitate but never duplicate the hip hop of years ago.  So please do boycott Detox or hate the album based on a tracklist when you haven't even heard the shit.  Settle for some fucking shit made on a $49 dollar computer program with some babbling from a 7th grade dropout just because it was recorded on the west coast.  Ignorance must be fucking bliss.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2010, 10:43:54 PM »
Why are people writing the song off already when they haven't even heard it? I'm all for different opinions but no one's even heard the song yet.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »
cuz of who might be on it...lol

Why are people writing the song off already when they haven't even heard it? I'm all for different opinions but no one's even heard the song yet.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2010, 12:02:10 AM »
cuz of who might be on it...lol

Don't knock it til you hear it...... it's Dre, it'll sound dope even if Lady Gaga's on it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2010, 12:51:34 AM »

they should just ban the shit talkers  :sign_banhim:

the question still stands, is he going to use the Queen sample? :P
i hope not.
plus it would be stupid financially

Some of you are so fucking stupid it makes me ashamed to even be a fan of hip hop.  Let Dre drop the music and then judge.  I think most of you must dislike Jay-Z because you are too fucking ignorant to understand what he is even saying.  You need a dumb ass westcoast rapper to speak in fucking 1st grade vocabulary to "get it".  You probably even need a motherfucking picture book to go with the lyrics so you can absorb it.  Most of you guys had shit in your diaper when there was an east coast/west coast rivalry.  That shit is over but some of you have no mommy's or daddy's.....just westcoast music to love.  It is fucking pathetic. Think with your own mind and ears....not what your stupid ass crew with no individuality or direction tell you to like.  There is a whole spectrum of hip hop you are missing out on due to your ignorance.  Thats why hip hop gets a bad rap....to many stupid fuckfaces claiming hatred to a fucking geographical location that most of you have never even been to.  West coast/east coast....last I checked they are still rapping in fucking English to a beat looped on the same computer program  talking about the same shit.  Fucking be original.  Be a fucking open minded person....Do you see fucking rock, country, r and b, and any other music fans claiming an allegiance to a fucking coast?  No!  Those genres and their fans make some of you look like stupid ass ignorant motherfuckers.  Its like you guys are fighting over a crumbs or a piece of cat shit.  If those I am speaking of above represent the future of hip hop its no wonder why we get shit albums from these untalented pieces of shit putting out records trying to imitate but never duplicate the hip hop of years ago.  So please do boycott Detox or hate the album based on a tracklist when you haven't even heard the shit.  Settle for some fucking shit made on a $49 dollar computer program with some babbling from a 7th grade dropout just because it was recorded on the west coast.  Ignorance must be fucking bliss.
props for this post, you've hit the nail on the head
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:00:57 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Elano

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2010, 12:55:24 AM »
dre looks gay as hell in this pic  :laugh: