Author Topic: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping This Month  (Read 10668 times)

Matty

Re: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping Friday
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2010, 03:09:59 AM »
I feel the same, I think its related more to the headphones than Detox itself, its simply being put out the test the waters and Dre's relevance.

Yeah.  I wish they would make a video for Under Pressure so we could see if it says Detox in the credits as its album affiliation.

I wrote this in the other thread but I'll repeat: it doesn't make sense to release a lead single 7 months before the album drops.  The whole album would leak within that 7 month interim, and Detox would get pushed back all over again.

One thing is for sure, if Detox is real, it will be a very mainstream album.  As for the rest of what's been discussed recently, I'm probably not going to post in any more Detox threads because it's just not worth the effort.  When people dismiss The Chronic as being a rushed album and Still Dre is better than all of The Chronic and when people say Detox is going to be perfection with no way to back up that claim...it's just people showing their age (teenagers) who weren't around when Dre was the Michael Jordan of hip hop and who don't understand how great he was.  Elif4zaggin, The Chronic, Doggystyle ... that's a hell of a run 20 some odd years ago.  I don't see how you can just all of a sudden go back to being in your prime 20 years later, let alone surpass it.  That's not how athletes, artists, creative people operate.  You rise and fall.  I question the artistic inspiration for Detox.  I'm sure it will be technically mind-blowing.  But great art is not necessarily about technique alone (engineering, mixing, etc. "studio craft" in a nutshell).  Studio craft doesn't make great art, and I've yet to be convinced Dre is artistically inspired right now.  Hell, they're promoting Dre's music based on its technique (i.e. the way it sounds -- sheer acoustics) not based on artistic inspiration -- I mean, not based on a brand new idea, such as G-Funk.  That has me very concerned.

Anyway, I'm out until Dre drops some music.

Good post... but the only thing I have a comment on is... he don't have to be inspired. He's got ghostwriting from not only the hottest niggas in the game, but the most hungriest and "inspired" up and comers in their prime... ie: Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, Slim the mobster etc... these niggas get signed amd spend years of their careers writing for this album...

i think the inspiration he's on about is purely in terms of the musical direction. the instrumentals are certainly more important than any lyrical content to me. dre will always have dope people writing for him.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2010, 03:57:31 AM »
Some of you are so fucking stupid it makes me ashamed to even be a fan of hip hop.  Let Dre drop the music and then judge.  I think most of you must dislike Jay-Z because you are too fucking ignorant to understand what he is even saying.  You need a dumb ass westcoast rapper to speak in fucking 1st grade vocabulary to "get it".  You probably even need a motherfucking picture book to go with the lyrics so you can absorb it.  Most of you guys had shit in your diaper when there was an east coast/west coast rivalry.  That shit is over but some of you have no mommy's or daddy's.....just westcoast music to love.  It is fucking pathetic. Think with your own mind and ears....not what your stupid ass crew with no individuality or direction tell you to like.  There is a whole spectrum of hip hop you are missing out on due to your ignorance.  Thats why hip hop gets a bad rap....to many stupid fuckfaces claiming hatred to a fucking geographical location that most of you have never even been to.  West coast/east coast....last I checked they are still rapping in fucking English to a beat looped on the same computer program  talking about the same shit.  Fucking be original.  Be a fucking open minded person....Do you see fucking rock, country, r and b, and any other music fans claiming an allegiance to a fucking coast?  No!  Those genres and their fans make some of you look like stupid ass ignorant motherfuckers.  Its like you guys are fighting over a crumbs or a piece of cat shit.  If those I am speaking of above represent the future of hip hop its no wonder why we get shit albums from these untalented pieces of shit putting out records trying to imitate but never duplicate the hip hop of years ago.  So please do boycott Detox or hate the album based on a tracklist when you haven't even heard the shit.  Settle for some fucking shit made on a $49 dollar computer program with some babbling from a 7th grade dropout just because it was recorded on the west coast.  Ignorance must be fucking bliss.
I feel the same, I think its related more to the headphones than Detox itself, its simply being put out the test the waters and Dre's relevance.

Yeah.  I wish they would make a video for Under Pressure so we could see if it says Detox in the credits as its album affiliation.

I wrote this in the other thread but I'll repeat: it doesn't make sense to release a lead single 7 months before the album drops.  The whole album would leak within that 7 month interim, and Detox would get pushed back all over again.

One thing is for sure, if Detox is real, it will be a very mainstream album.  As for the rest of what's been discussed recently, I'm probably not going to post in any more Detox threads because it's just not worth the effort.  When people dismiss The Chronic as being a rushed album and Still Dre is better than all of The Chronic and when people say Detox is going to be perfection with no way to back up that claim...it's just people showing their age (teenagers) who weren't around when Dre was the Michael Jordan of hip hop and who don't understand how great he was.  Elif4zaggin, The Chronic, Doggystyle ... that's a hell of a run 20 some odd years ago.  I don't see how you can just all of a sudden go back to being in your prime 20 years later, let alone surpass it.  That's not how athletes, artists, creative people operate.  You rise and fall.  I question the artistic inspiration for Detox.  I'm sure it will be technically mind-blowing.  But great art is not necessarily about technique alone (engineering, mixing, etc. "studio craft" in a nutshell).  Studio craft doesn't make great art, and I've yet to be convinced Dre is artistically inspired right now.  Hell, they're promoting Dre's music based on its technique (i.e. the way it sounds -- sheer acoustics) not based on artistic inspiration -- I mean, not based on a brand new idea, such as G-Funk.  That has me very concerned.

2 good posts.. i can agree wit most of the things been said (even that i was arguin wit ya - you got it right)

Prof@ssor

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2010, 04:13:46 AM »
Some of you are so fucking stupid it makes me ashamed to even be a fan of hip hop.  Let Dre drop the music and then judge.  I think most of you must dislike Jay-Z because you are too fucking ignorant to understand what he is even saying.  You need a dumb ass westcoast rapper to speak in fucking 1st grade vocabulary to "get it".  You probably even need a motherfucking picture book to go with the lyrics so you can absorb it.  Most of you guys had shit in your diaper when there was an east coast/west coast rivalry.  That shit is over but some of you have no mommy's or daddy's.....just westcoast music to love.  It is fucking pathetic. Think with your own mind and ears....not what your stupid ass crew with no individuality or direction tell you to like.  There is a whole spectrum of hip hop you are missing out on due to your ignorance.  Thats why hip hop gets a bad rap....to many stupid fuckfaces claiming hatred to a fucking geographical location that most of you have never even been to.  West coast/east coast....last I checked they are still rapping in fucking English to a beat looped on the same computer program  talking about the same shit.  Fucking be original.  Be a fucking open minded person....Do you see fucking rock, country, r and b, and any other music fans claiming an allegiance to a fucking coast?  No!  Those genres and their fans make some of you look like stupid ass ignorant motherfuckers.  Its like you guys are fighting over a crumbs or a piece of cat shit.  If those I am speaking of above represent the future of hip hop its no wonder why we get shit albums from these untalented pieces of shit putting out records trying to imitate but never duplicate the hip hop of years ago.  So please do boycott Detox or hate the album based on a tracklist when you haven't even heard the shit.  Settle for some fucking shit made on a $49 dollar computer program with some babbling from a 7th grade dropout just because it was recorded on the west coast.  Ignorance must be fucking bliss.

+1  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2010, 04:19:09 AM »

Good post... but the only thing I have a comment on is... he don't have to be inspired. He's got ghostwriting from not only the hottest niggas in the game, but the most hungriest and "inspired" up and comers in their prime... ie: Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, Slim the mobster etc... these niggas get signed amd spend years of their careers writing for this album...

i think the inspiration he's on about is purely in terms of the musical direction. the instrumentals are certainly more important than any lyrical content to me. dre will always have dope people writing for him.

but it's not just the mixing of Dre that improved

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »
Damn. a lot of 30+ sentences posts. I aint readin any of them. lol

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »
I have a feeling most people hatin' on Jay haven't even heard his discography. You can't deny it, he got skills.

Why are people writing the song off already when they haven't even heard it? I'm all for different opinions but no one's even heard the song yet.

this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Paul

« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2010, 05:20:00 AM »
West coast rap fans that still want g funk and only west coast features are likely teenagers and have an IQ of under 60. I hate Detox threads. When the album drops I'm not gonna read any of them either. I'm just gonna enjoy it and let the kids complain why Dre chose to put Jay Z on Detox Instead of mc eiht or rbx etc. 
funkyfreshintheflesh

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2010, 06:29:57 AM »
lol @ rbx or eiht bein on a dretox single

West coast rap fans that still want g funk and only west coast features are likely teenagers and have an IQ of under 60. I hate Detox threads. When the album drops I'm not gonna read any of them either. I'm just gonna enjoy it and let the kids complain why Dre chose to put Jay Z on Detox Instead of mc eiht or rbx etc. 
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2010, 08:25:03 AM »
6 hours 37 minutes til we hit Friday in Denmark. Ill prolly be sleepin when this shit drops -_-

What time is it where yall at?

Its 17:24 here.

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »
That was Jimmy's call .......Dre put Jay -Z...........Gay-Z on ur single hes hot right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
That was Jimmy's call .......Dre put Jay -Z...........Gay-Z on ur single hes hot right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Still cant believe people would say Gay-Z in 2010.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »
The bottom line is people need to stop speculating/writing off the track because Jay Z is on it until they actually here it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »
who cares whos on it!  we've been waiting for a new dre lp for 11 fuckin years! quit complaining til you hear it!  dre dropped the chronic and 2001 and i doubt hes gonna disappoint us with this one!  another 12 hours and itll be friday! eastern time!

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »
What's the source for the track to drop tomorrow ?

The D.O.C and

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »
nahright.com, http://nahright.com/news/2010/04/06/dr-dres-under-pressure-is-dropping-on-friday/

i dont think they would be bullshittin' but like he says u never know with dre