Author Topic: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping This Month  (Read 10667 times)

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping Friday
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »
I've been reading on Twitter that its dropping on Power 105..
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »
While I understand the criticism towards the notion of having Jay on the first look, there's no denying he is one of, if not the biggest name in hip hop right now. The old school fan base knows him well, as does the new school fan base. I'm not the biggest Jay-Z fan in the world, but you don't have to be one to realize his stature and the fact that he's still relevant nearly 15 years into the game.

I think that's the vibe Dre wants for his comeback, or at least as far as his reintroduction in concerned. The whole 'age is just a state of mind', more mature type of approach. I just saw Jay-Z rock a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden a few weeks ago on the BP3 tour, the energy in that arena was crazy when he performed. Do I wish that Dre had a West Coast cat riding with him on his first single? Of course, the traditionalist in me wishes he'd stick to the formula that calls for Snoop riding shotgun with D.O.C. in the back, like old times. But I guess times change, and Dre's got something else up his sleeve. Jay or no Jay, I just hope the lyrics and delivery are on point and the beat is fire. Assuming it's actually dropping...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

who said that? link please?

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
It sounds like Dre decides what track comes out first, and this is the one he's happy with.
I don't think it has anything to do with who is on it... he's working with a lot of big people, so this might have just been the one that turned out "right" to release first, to get people amped and it just happens to have Jay-Z on it

It's not like Dre went, "wow, I finally got a Jay-Z verse for my new record!! Now I can finally release a single because I secured that Jay-Z feature"
No, he can get a million Jay verses, it must have just all meshed together right

yeah, thats how this works.. if dre want to make money he will make a dope album, he wont try to get money just wit famous guests..
While I understand the criticism towards the notion of having Jay on the first look, there's no denying he is one of, if not the biggest name in hip hop right now. The old school fan base knows him well, as does the new school fan base. I'm not the biggest Jay-Z fan in the world, but you don't have to be one to realize his stature and the fact that he's still relevant nearly 15 years into the game.

I think that's the vibe Dre wants for his comeback, or at least as far as his reintroduction in concerned. The whole 'age is just a state of mind', more mature type of approach. I just saw Jay-Z rock a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden a few weeks ago on the BP3 tour, the energy in that arena was crazy when he performed. Do I wish that Dre had a West Coast cat riding with him on his first single? Of course, the traditionalist in me wishes he'd stick to the formula that calls for Snoop riding shotgun with D.O.C. in the back, like old times. But I guess times change, and Dre's got something else up his sleeve. Jay or no Jay, I just hope the lyrics and delivery are on point and the beat is fire. Assuming it's actually dropping...

also true

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
44 minutes past midnight..

is it about 6 on the west? or 3 ?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »

muthafucka its thursday, relax.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2010, 04:25:08 PM »

I live in Denmark, so no its Friday. Just wanted to know the exact time difference without googlin it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »

oh, that's my New York station. 8)

if that's the case, they probably won't drop it until 7-8, my time.

so basically, if this is true, y'all still got 24 hours left.

I live in Denmark, so no its Friday. Just wanted to know the exact time difference without googlin it.

it's already the afternoon friday in China & them motherfuckers didn't get it.

i'm sure they mean Friday for the country the song originates in. :P

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2010, 04:49:40 PM »
There is a whole spectrum of hip hop you are missing out on due to your ignorance.

excellent point!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

TRG

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »
Not expecting it to drop today (10am friday morning where i am). But i will be on the look out just incase.

Lunatic

« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
i think it will drop in the very near future but i have a feeling it won't be Friday
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matty

« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
i think it will drop in the very near future but i have a feeling it won't be Friday

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »
It's very possible to drop since the guy from nahright who dropped the info is pretty legit about these things.

3am right now where i live but probably it's going to drop afternoon time in the US so there's a lot of time left.

Jome

« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
It's very possible to drop since the guy from nahright who dropped the info is pretty legit about these things.

A blog posting random nerdy comments such as "*dead* at this", *blank stare*, or "isn't this guy dead yet?" in updates, can't be considered the best source, but you never know.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »
Why do you guys always get overly hyped about shit like this and make it like a 10 page thread? I highly doubt its coming out tomorrow, if it does awesome, the guys who actually do think its going to, why set yourself up for disappointment? If it drops it drops who gives a fuck, Dre's been talkin shit for years!!