Author Topic: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping This Month  (Read 10660 times)

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr. Dre feat Jay Z "Under Pressure" Dropping Friday
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
Great to see that the record will actually be released but I still think it has little to do with Detox.

I feel the same, I think its related more to the headphones than Detox itself, its simply being put out the test the waters and Dre's relevance.

BIGBALLZMCGRAWL

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »
i think THE FIRST SINGLE SHOULD BE WITH SNOOP!!
BIGBALLZ MCGRAWL

www.npass.cjb.net

Lunatic

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »
Probably a tester.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »
fuck gay-z this is a sellout move for dre

detox will suck cox

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
drake did work on detox....comfimed a while ago who cares drake is dope. Even though i'd like wayne i'd rather have Dre give more shine to the west coast on this one. No part of the country is in the spotlight dre could put it on the west with detox

Prof@ssor

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
looking forward to it...and i heard Miley Cyrus is gonna be on the record

goddamn that should be dope! put lady gaga on there and he's gonna have a hit.

Lady GaGa is actually dope  :D

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »
looking forward to it...and i heard Miley Cyrus is gonna be on the record

goddamn that should be dope! put lady gaga on there and he's gonna have a hit.

Lady GaGa is actually dope  :D

i think she really killed the hook on chillin'

Okka

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »
fuck gay-z this is a sellout move for dre

detox will suck cox

Jay wrote "Still D.R.E", so did he sellout back then already?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
I don't like Jay-Z personally. I can't stand him. I am not that happy that he's featured on the first single. Oh well...

TRG

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »
Damn Jay-Z is disliked/hated lol.

He wrote Still D.R.E. that turned out alright. Who's to say the formula wont work again?

Okka

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »
I have a feeling most people hatin' on Jay haven't even heard his discography. You can't deny it, he got skills.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »
i would put money on most of the people complaining about Jay-Z and other non-westcoast rappers who are speculated to be on Detox are 15 years old who just discovered 2Pac a couple of years ago and are still into the Westcoast Vs Eastcoast fued.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »
I feel the same, I think its related more to the headphones than Detox itself, its simply being put out the test the waters and Dre's relevance.

Yeah.  I wish they would make a video for Under Pressure so we could see if it says Detox in the credits as its album affiliation.

I wrote this in the other thread but I'll repeat: it doesn't make sense to release a lead single 7 months before the album drops.  The whole album would leak within that 7 month interim, and Detox would get pushed back all over again.

One thing is for sure, if Detox is real, it will be a very mainstream album.  As for the rest of what's been discussed recently, I'm probably not going to post in any more Detox threads because it's just not worth the effort.  When people dismiss The Chronic as being a rushed album and Still Dre is better than all of The Chronic and when people say Detox is going to be perfection with no way to back up that claim...it's just people showing their age (teenagers) who weren't around when Dre was the Michael Jordan of hip hop and who don't understand how great he was.  Elif4zaggin, The Chronic, Doggystyle ... that's a hell of a run 20 some odd years ago.  I don't see how you can just all of a sudden go back to being in your prime 20 years later, let alone surpass it.  That's not how athletes, artists, creative people operate.  You rise and fall.  I question the artistic inspiration for Detox.  I'm sure it will be technically mind-blowing.  But great art is not necessarily about technique alone (engineering, mixing, etc. "studio craft" in a nutshell).  Studio craft doesn't make great art, and I've yet to be convinced Dre is artistically inspired right now.  Hell, they're promoting Dre's music based on its technique (i.e. the way it sounds -- sheer acoustics) not based on artistic inspiration -- I mean, not based on a brand new idea, such as G-Funk.  That has me very concerned.

Anyway, I'm out until Dre drops some music.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:23:49 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Matty

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »

Yeah.  I wish they would make a video for Under Pressure so we could see if it says Detox in the credits as its album affiliation.

I wrote this in the other thread but I'll repeat: it doesn't make sense to release a lead single 7 months before the album drops.  The whole album would leak within that 7 month interim, and Detox would get pushed back all over again.

One thing is for sure, if Detox is real, it will be a very mainstream album.  As for the rest of what's been discussed recently, I'm probably not going to post in any more Detox threads because it's just not worth the effort.  When people dismiss The Chronic as being a rushed album and Still Dre is better than all of The Chronic and when people say Detox is going to be perfection with no way to back up that claim...it's just people showing their age (teenagers) who weren't around when Dre was the Michael Jordan of hip hop and who don't understand how great he was.  Elif4zaggin, The Chronic, Doggystyle ... that's a hell of a run 20 some odd years ago.  I don't see how you can just all of a sudden go back to being in your prime 20 years later, let alone surpass it.  That's not how athletes, artists, creative people operate.  You rise and fall.  I question the artistic inspiration for Detox.  I'm sure it will be technically mind-blowing.  But great art is not necessarily about technique alone (engineering, mixing, etc. "studio craft" in a nutshell).  Studio craft doesn't make great art, and I've yet to be convinced Dre is artistically inspired right now.  Hell, they're promoting Dre's music based on its technique (i.e. the way it sounds -- sheer acoustics) not based on artistic inspiration -- I mean, not based on a brand new idea, such as G-Funk.  That has me very concerned.

Anyway, I'm out until Dre drops some music.

really good post, i agree with a lot of what was being said there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
the question still stands, is he going to use the Queen sample? :P