Author Topic: New Ice Cube Blog - "A Dr Dre Sighting"  (Read 4051 times)

Jaydc

Re: New Ice Cube Blog - "A Dr Dre Sighting"
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »
Ill reserve judgement until the album drops,but cube doesnt interest me anymore.Hip hop artists need that hunger and edge,cube doesnt have that anymore and his work in the last tne years or so has reflected that.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »
Cube=goat

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »
Great, but why tha fuck do we have to wait till May 26th for the Single|Video?
Thats more then a month away!  ???

build the buzz.

That was one thing I think Cube got away from on Raw Footage as opposed to Laugh Now Cry Later. He promoted the hell out of LNCL for damn near 6 to 8 months before it dropped. RF he really did not do that as much but with this one it seems like he is more on point with the promo.

Thats not building a buzz if you release the FIRST single only 2 months before your album. Thats a huge mistake Snoop made with MIW. He started droppin shit like 2 months before it and he didnt give his singles enough time to develop, get him buzz, and carry that over into the next single.

Im pretty sure the Single will definitely leak before then though and idk, he could of made a mistake and said May instead of April.
Because be serious, since when does someone make you wait that long for a Single/Video?

Looking at the industry now, alot of people do. Cube is not in a position that he can just drop a album tomorrow and sell a million copies. I think the time frame is smaller with this album then RF but the key is will he stick to his release date. LNCL it was 6/6/06 and he stuck to it. RF it changed a couple times. If he can get some Dre production, a couple big name features, and drop on that date and it sticks, he will do alright.

Westdog

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »
Ill reserve judgement until the album drops,but cube doesnt interest me anymore.Hip hop artists need that hunger and edge,cube doesnt have that anymore and his work in the last tne years or so has reflected that.

bullshit!
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Jaydc

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 09:20:13 PM »
I wouldnt expect an impartial perspective from someone with ice cube in his fucking avatar

$Eg2$

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
Yessir, Jayo, Cube and WC?  :o 8)
Def looking forward to hearing this  8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
The Game came through ready to spit but Dre just wanted every to vibe.

I get the feeling this isn't the first time artist came in the studio ready to work and Dre ended up saying no "let's just vibe".

My nigga Sir Jinx laced my wit a dope ass track. I'mma do it wit Jayo Felony and WC. This record is coming together like sweaty ass cheeks...

Whoa thats crazy, I was just listening to "Gutter Shit" the other day.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
Great news.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »
Great news all around (Dre & Snoop track; Cube & Game in the studio as well, Dre on Cube's album and vice versa)

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »
Cube, Jayo, WC sounds great!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

MediumL

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:35 AM »
Dre and Cube have just as high of a success rate as Dre and Snoop imo So it's dope that they'll be working together. Brilliant to hear Detox is actually moving and that Snoop and Dre are working together. Doesn't sound like Game got anything out of the session in terms of tracks but good to hear WC and Jayo are on Cubes record.

But I gotta say I hope Cube comes with some better lyrics that Kool Aid. The man who came up with lines like 'I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six' can do better than that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »
The Game came through ready to spit but Dre just wanted every to vibe.

I get the feeling this isn't the first time artist came in the studio ready to work and Dre ended up saying no "let's just vibe".

I think that's a special code Dre uses when he doesn't want someone to fuck up one of his beats with a wack verse

PLANT

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 02:30:19 AM »
Great news all around (Dre & Snoop track; Cube & Game in the studio as well, Dre on Cube's album and vice versa)
yep, couldnt ask for more

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 03:02:45 AM »
it's been a while :)