Author Topic: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by Pharrell)  (Read 6577 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by Pharrell)
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »
Dope Boyz was and still is ass.  Tried too hard to create a jay-z song.  LAX was wack with the exception of a track or two.  I'll say this is already better than most of LAX.

Sounds nothin like a Jay-Z song? Apart from the ''Dope Boys''-hook line that dropped around the same time.

And you seriously didnt like LAX Files, State Of Emergency, Never Can Say Goodbye, Let Us Live, Games Pain, House Of Pain, Cali Sunshine, Bulletproof Diaries . And I gotta mention Big Dreams and Superman even though they were only bonus/leftovers.

You didnt like any of those tracks? SMH

and who puts on a Game song and expects lyrical madness? Not sayin Game is a lyrical retard but come on. Who expects lyrical greatness from him?

JohnnyL

« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
 I appreciate what I think Game was trying to do here, which I think was trying to make a track with an old school vibe.  But ultimately, I have to say the song ends up being rather unremarkable.  Don't get me wrong, I'm far from a Game detractor.  I've enjoyed his first three albums and a lot of his mixtape tracks.  But this one mostly missed the mark with me.  I'm still looking forward to "R.E.D." though.  With the amount of time he seems to be spending on the album and the people who are supposed to be contributing, I'm still holding out hope that the overall album will be good.     

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »
i kinda like the beat, i forget what it samples though.

WHAT DOES THIS BEAT SAMPLE, ive herd it some where

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »

somebody said NWA. Iono though.

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
It must be me is a dope ass street single, hook isnt as bad as some people make it out to be, add some female vocals and it changes the whole dynamic of the song. It does sound unfinished. I dont see this getting much play on the radio therefore imo wrong choice for a 1st single. The JT joint sounds like a radio hit and i think that should generate some buzz, as a hip hop fan im loving this song, doubt this song will appeal to anyone else tho. Unless his 2nd single is a huuuuuuge hit his sales are gonna sufferrrr..

blackwallguerilla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2010, 01:48:12 PM »
damn this shit knocks in the whip, shit is sick

MediumL

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »
wow I can't believe you guys actually thought Dope Boys was that good. remember when it came out bare people said it was shit. I still hold that opinion.

But then again i thought LAX in general was pretty disappointing.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by The Neptunes)
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »
i hear a strong biggie influence in a lot of game's new flows (not a bad thing). the aggressive tone on here reminded me of 'machine gun funk'...
thought the same thing,just not as lyrical, and i ain't a fan of the equal like that,but the song is ight, and the hook to me just sounds like game ain't filled it up with adlibs to it yet,like answering pharrel like on some sin dog shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

UNCEEN

« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
is HEAVEN gonna be on the album?

Paul

« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »

is it not a similar sample to California love?
funkyfreshintheflesh

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by The Neptunes)
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
i don't like the little wierd noises the beat makes; don't know how to describe it.

the verses are heat; really feelin' them; best thing i've heard from Game in a while. 8)

the hook is a joke; one of the worst ever lol.

whose flow is that? lol.

EDIT: also, no offense, but c'mon Game stans, even admit it; this is Game's worst single.

What about KRAZY ?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
Still sounds dope to me, im diggin game on this...sounds more like something you'd open an album with though, or an early track feature, its a strong joint but it just dont sound like radio material. Wouldnt be suprised if it did well though, neptunes know the radio. Only complaint i have is the drum pattern, it should be harder..like hit better, not change the sound, just should stand out abit more...cant explain it properly...

Nice joint though imo...

I would agree with dreday though that the composition sounds abit weird with the way the joint kinda switches up in the hook, it almost sounds like two joints mixed into 1 with the hook...Still think its dope though, got no hate for this...especially for game, he sounds ill in my opinion

This, airplanes and crooked I They...some new joints to add to my playlist lol...

Lunatic

« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
a day later, still loving it. Game sounds sick on this shit. The verses are very un-radio friendly but the hook and beat switch up during the hook sounds like radio would love. Strong album joint, the Justin Timberlake song will take care of the radio and billboard charts. This is a street record mixed with a lil mainstream flavor.

Beat, verses, hook - love it all

The beat switch up is sick to me but y'all hate that the most huh lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2010, 05:31:05 PM »
a day later, still loving it. Game sounds sick on this shit. The verses are very un-radio friendly but the hook and beat switch up during the hook sounds like radio would love. Strong album joint, the Justin Timberlake song will take care of the radio and billboard charts. This is a street record mixed with a lil mainstream flavor.

Beat, verses, hook - love it all

The beat switch up is sick to me but y'all hate that the most huh lol

Same here homie....I got 2 15's in the truck and that shit subs like no other...lol

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »
If Pharrell packed more punch when spit then I would agree that the hook was good but he doesn't sound excited
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks