Author Topic: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by Pharrell)  (Read 6584 times)

Okka

Re: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by Pharrell)
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »
Pharrell is still dope imo. Have you bumped CLipse -Til The Casket Drops ? Had a lot of Neptunes productions and some pharrell hooks. All dope imo. except this one track called door man .

Pharrell's solo beats are always weak compared to the beats The Neptunes make, i've heard some rumours about Pharrell takin a bit too much credit for their work.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
Releasing the first song, a big talk song which falls into cliches and safe solutions has become a tradition by The Game when it's time to release a new album, One Blood and Big Dreams previously. I like his energetic Steamboat Willie flow on this tune but unfortunately his overconfidence translates as wack lyrics. I digg the beat though. It kind of reminds me of late nineties New Orleans UG productions (not Cash Money). The beat has a nice nostalgic feeling to it but isn't it way too early for 90s nostalgia? The song isn't awful but it lacks enthusiasm.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
i must be trippin cause the hook is the only time this song is listenable for me

Okka

« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2010, 04:50:36 AM »
i must be trippin cause the hook is the only time this song is listenable for me

Nah, i feel ya. The loop sound that's playin' the whole time before the hook is so annoying that it makes you turn off the song.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2010, 08:48:38 AM »
the Timberlake track is coming today.
where did you hear that?

i have this feeling

so thats your source! lol

seriously tho....

hey bro you wouldn't happen to know when it dropping since it didn't yesterday would you ?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
The beat sounds like a damn video game.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
^an old one maybe  :laugh:

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
I was at the velvet room(atlanta club) last night....and they started playing this shit and the crowd went crazy....I haven't heard a game song in the clubs out here since one blood....or maybe I just don't go enough.... ;D

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »

'EclipZe

« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »
me like!

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
 Listened to it last night, sounded dope.
 Maybe all the negative feed back made teh song betetr than i expected, maybe it was the alcahol but it sounded good when i heard it.

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
When's that JT track expected to drop?
CAN I HAZ D;

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2010, 03:53:55 AM »
Listened to it last night, sounded dope.
 Maybe all the negative feed back made teh song betetr than i expected, maybe it was the alcahol but it sounded good when i heard it.

listen to it sober and I'll bet you'll change your mind.....I figure this must be the reason so many people like this song.

Jaydc

« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:02 AM »
Godddamn the game groupies on this forum disgust me.This track is garbage,lax was an abortion of album and hes gotte worse each album.DA was decent but the song structure was horrible on it,major fall off from documentary.and lax wasnt even an album it was a spit in the face to fans.

Elano

« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2010, 05:15:05 AM »
Godddamn the game groupies on this forum disgust me.This track is garbage,lax was an abortion of album and hes gotte worse each album.DA was decent but the song structure was horrible on it,major fall off from documentary.and lax wasnt even an album it was a spit in the face to fans.