Author Topic: BlaQKout is one of the most disappointing albums ever released  (Read 1380 times)

Matty

Re: BlaQKout is one of the most disappointing albums ever released
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »
only song thats dope all the way is hey playa....ive listened to that song since it dropped more times.....than you've listened to albums prolly...that song is ahead of its time and str8 dopeness...the rest of the album doesnt have anythin as good as this song...yeah fuck yall is cool but again up against this song.....no test
see part of the reason is cuz your prolly a ol school quik fan right....as in you like his older albums more?
if thats the case i dont...and i like his under tha influence the most...that album is dope for its sound and what he did
put it on me....is classic and mad dope....and i was expectin...or at least wanted quik to bring some of that quik-heat that he brought on there
give him credit for makin a dope song and flippin a sample....but the album should have been instant classic when two of the greats get together

yeah but for what thought were 2 legends comin together to make a album matty...they were expectin some fire/phenomenal type of shit they aint never heard before.....nowhere near that...lol

well it could have and maybe should have been a lot better. but you can't argue that the best tracks are still pure fire. i don't understand how it can be a terrible album overall. the main questionable thing is that maybe kurupt is not utilised to the fullest. what are the wack tracks in your opinion enyce? from your comments i would expect you to list at least half the album...

didn't early reports say there was a remake of '2 of Americas Most Wanted' on it too? i always wondered what happened to that.

i don't really understand what you're saying. i'm a fan of ALL of quik's music, right up to blaqkout (for the most part). his mid-late 90's stuff is prolly my favourite due to the g-one/rob bacon dream team and that sublime signature sound. but under tha influence is really very dope, got a lot of love for that album. 'put it on me' isn't produced by quik though, it's dre...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »
some places have it as quik producin it with dre....regardless of who did....its heavily quik influenced IMO...same with hey playa....thats some next level shit and so was put it on me...and so was addictive
so again this album should have been a masterpiece from the intro to the endin song....but the intro isnt even all that....one extremely dope song and thats it

only song thats dope all the way is hey playa....ive listened to that song since it dropped more times.....than you've listened to albums prolly...that song is ahead of its time and str8 dopeness...the rest of the album doesnt have anythin as good as this song...yeah fuck yall is cool but again up against this song.....no test
see part of the reason is cuz your prolly a ol school quik fan right....as in you like his older albums more?
if thats the case i dont...and i like his under tha influence the most...that album is dope for its sound and what he did
put it on me....is classic and mad dope....and i was expectin...or at least wanted quik to bring some of that quik-heat that he brought on there
give him credit for makin a dope song and flippin a sample....but the album should have been instant classic when two of the greats get together

yeah but for what thought were 2 legends comin together to make a album matty...they were expectin some fire/phenomenal type of shit they aint never heard before.....nowhere near that...lol

well it could have and maybe should have been a lot better. but you can't argue that the best tracks are still pure fire. i don't understand how it can be a terrible album overall. the main questionable thing is that maybe kurupt is not utilised to the fullest. what are the wack tracks in your opinion enyce? from your comments i would expect you to list at least half the album...

didn't early reports say there was a remake of '2 of Americas Most Wanted' on it too? i always wondered what happened to that.

i don't really understand what you're saying. i'm a fan of ALL of quik's music, right up to blaqkout (for the most part). his mid-late 90's stuff is prolly my favourite due to the g-one/rob bacon dream team and that sublime signature sound. but under tha influence is really very dope, got a lot of love for that album. 'put it on me' isn't produced by quik though, it's dre...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »
well i dunno, it sounds like a pure dre type of beat to me. similar to that warren g track and a few others from that period. i have the booklet here - produced and mixed by dr. dre. very liberal use of the basslines though 8)

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »
i dunno how anyone can call it a solid album, kurupt hardly makes any sense on most of it and can't stay on topic for more than a few seconds, quik should have made the album with a different rapper..

Ha ha, if i knew how to give karma i'd give +1

with kurupt babbling about his parapelegical peradactil t-rex reptilicus experiences.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:52:08 AM by frisch213 »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »
I didn't expect much from BlaQKout, so I wasn't disappointed. It seems like Quik was experimenting with different styles to gauge the response and threw an inconsistent Kurupt on there to help out with the rapping.

The beats don't get enough credit; Cream N Ya Panties is excellent and so is Exodus imo but the latter is completely ruined by a loop of Kurupt spazzing out.
What You Wanna Do is absolute ass tho.

D Breezy

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »
maybe dissapointing for some overall, but far from being a complete dissapointment with the standout tracks on there.

intro, cream n ya panties, fuck y'all, hey playa, the appeal. that's 5 top drawer tracks. do you know, oh! and 9 xs out of 10 are dope too, so that doesn't leave much filler or skippable material at all.

my more detailed thoughts in the form of a review http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=247230.0

exactly, people hated on this album for no reason. this shit was waaaaaaaaay better than any other recent release. all those songs u mentioned were dope! do u know, that jupiter shit, and the 2 songs with problem were the only ones i wasnt feelin. rest were quality songs. could it have been better? maybe, but it was far from a dissappointment.
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »
whoa whoa whoa...whats going on here..i was gettin shat on and bad karma when i said this album sucked major cock when it came out...but now what? everyone agrees...funny characters on this site...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
Solution: cop In Search of Stoney Jackson. Better rhymes and better beats involved.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »
Snoop wasn't featured, that was probably the reason

I really liked it but it felt a little empty near the end. Another overeation thread looking for a rise out of people. How about giving proper thoughts on the album instead of just saying "wack".
he isn't programmed to do so
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:38:54 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 12:12:51 PM »
You hear the first two tracks and you think  8) 8) 8) 8), then the rest of the album kicks in and you  >:( >:( >:(

one would think this would be a legendary collabo, a dream team, just left you thinking "what if they kept westcoast"

Yeah tell me about it. I was expecting more songs like "Can't Go Wrong".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mietek23

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
It was a disappointing album but there are a couple of great songs on it like "The Appeal" and "Hey Playa" 8)

Bananas

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
Snoop Dogg said it was one his favorites.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »
Snoop Dogg said it was one his favorites.
haha snoops opinion is irrelevant..

JohnnyL

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
 There were a few nice tracks on there, but I have to agree that it didn't live up to expectations.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »
aren't we all supposed 2 b supporting this anyways.  i mean if we all love/support these artists then y everytime somebody gotta come out and say something and fags like getyour always try 2 extend the dialogue (douche get a life homie).  i mean, what were y'all expecting, The Chronic Sound?  Get over that old gfunk niche and just feel the album.  production wise it's 1 of the greatest hip hop albums put out in tha past 10-15 years.  i mean like the mixing/mastering of the shit and the creativeness in the beats, you can't really fuck with it foreal foreal.  

BlaQouk>>>>>>>>>> Your Mother