Author Topic: BlaQKout is one of the most disappointing albums ever released  (Read 1381 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: BlaQKout is one of the most disappointing albums ever released
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »
Snoop Dogg said it was one his favorites.

Have you heard Malice in Wonderland?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bananas

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 12:45:40 PM »
Snoop Dogg said it was one his favorites.

Have you heard Malice in Wonderland?

No but since the thread starter has snoops balls in his mouth im surprised he hasnt changed his opinion to match masters.

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »
too many people expected a certified classic & it was just a solid album.

^ this

end of thread  8)

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »
Overall a lackluster album; the only track for me that really has any replay value and decent production is "The Appeal"; nice guitar licks. Other than that, it pretty much sucked. Kurupt has his shinning moments, but they weren't on the Blaqkout album at all. Quik is just better all around and he knows it. I'm sure getting back to what he does best will prove that. The Book Of David and a Suga Free album should bring back all the nostalgia.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »
I enjoyed "Blaqkout". Well worth my $10. Kept it in rotation for a long time, last summer. May pull it out again soon.

some places have it as quik producin it with dre....regardless of who did....its heavily quik influenced IMO...
It's not Quik produced. What places have it as such? And where's the heavy Quik influence? It sounds very much like the sound Dre was fucking with at that point in time.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »
word @ how wack the album was. I never bump anything from that album. shiiit it was ass..

Kurupt on the mic? Quik on the boards? how could it go this wrong ? smh

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
 Can't go wrong >>>> Blaqkout

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »
IMO that was heavy quik influenced and different than alotta muzik out there and whats been done in years....its both dre/quik influenced but not dre by himself....that fit his album and its mad dope

I enjoyed "Blaqkout". Well worth my $10. Kept it in rotation for a long time, last summer. May pull it out again soon.

some places have it as quik producin it with dre....regardless of who did....its heavily quik influenced IMO...
It's not Quik produced. What places have it as such? And where's the heavy Quik influence? It sounds very much like the sound Dre was fucking with at that point in time.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
I wasn't disappointed because I didn't expect much. I can't really understand why people would be hyped for this collaboration. Sure Kurupt and Quik are two of the best at what they do, but together? They make completely different styles of music. It's just a complete miss-match of chemistry. Kurupt sounds best on more hard, east-coast type beats. A Dre-Kurupt album would have been much better, irrelevant of the fact Quik may be a better producer. Quik's beats go best with certain types of rappers, and Kurupt is not that kind of rapper. The Fixxers album was much better then Blaqkout, even though they both kind of sucked. AMG on a Quik beat will be better then Kurupt on a Quik beat 99% of the time. It's just a difference of styles.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 09:13:09 PM »
Everyone is saying "i was expecting can't go wrong", "i was expecting legendary stuff" etc.

I think that is the reason you didn't like it. You are expecting something to completely blow you out of the water, a G-Funk re-birth or something. The thing is, you don't even know what you want. Nothing Quik and Kurupt could have made would have made you like the album.

For me, this was album of the year, mainly because I just wanted to hear two of my favourite artists together, I anticipated it, yes, but I did not have pre conceived expectations based on past songs together.

I went in with an open mind, and for me Blaqkout, Cream in ya Panties, Hey Playa, Oh!, Do u know, Fuck Yall, 9x out of 10, The Appeal - are all solid tracks ranging from 4/5 to 5/5. To me, that is a solid album.

Perhaps go into an album without these expectations and with a fresh mind, particularly applies for Detox fans.

So Much Style

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »
^ speakin truth on different styles

overall i would say:

blaqkout
cream ya panties
DO YA KNOW
hey playa
fuck yall
THE APPEAL

are all up to the standard we wanted, especially DO YA KNOW and THE APPEAL are classic as fuck!!
So much style back at it again

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »
would have been AMAZING if this was 1995
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
at first listen i didn't like it, but after couple more spins it became one of my fav albums...the whole vibe of the album is on some coo party laid bacc shit

Jaydc

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
Ummmmm no.This album wasnt dissapointing to anyone but the people on this forum,because everyone else doesnt give a shit about kurupt and quik anymore.Most people reaize they both fell off over ten years ago,like hack said if this was 95 people would have been checking for this and excited about it but not now,these two are garbage in this day.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:45 PM »
IMO that was heavy quik influenced and different than alotta muzik out there and whats been done in years....its both dre/quik influenced but not dre by himself....that fit his album and its mad dope

It's not both Dre and Quik influenced. Dre was the producer so he's not really an influence here. He's the action. What are some of the examples of this "heavy Quik influence" you hear on the record because outside of an informed party knowing that DJ Quik IS a producer and thus making the assumption that he must have produced this record, I don't hear anything that shouts his style to me. I mean, in listening to the stuff that Dre had worked on around the year 2001 ("Family Affair", "Lookin' At You"), there are some pretty clear Dre techniques that were incorporated in that record. I can't think of anything Quik has done prior to that that screams of his fingerprints being all over it in more than a collabrative effort.