Author Topic: Dr. Dre Will Perform At Coachella  (Read 3603 times)

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
Re: Dr. Dre Will Perform At Coachella
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 05:11:41 PM »
If they perform this track at Coachella tomorrow, I have no doubt that it will be released to radio shortly after. Dre wouldn't want everyone to hear this song for the first time on crappy camera phone recordings that will be posted to YouTube after the performance.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »
Probably some kind of street single or i dunno. Wouldnt we have heard about a video shoot if it was the official first single ? And detox would have a kind of release date, like it would drop in a few months... And it doesn't. I dont want to be too pessimistic but i dont see the album dropping that soon so a single now is weird... we'll see. I hope to be wrong.
Or maybe they'll decide what to do with the track according to its success. If its a huge hit, it might release some pressure off dre (no sure about my english here) and that would finally rush him to drop the entire thing...   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:25:35 PM by da chronic »

The D.O.C and

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
Probably some kind of street single or i dunno. Wouldnt we have heard about a video shoot if it was the official first single ? And detox would have a kind of release date, like it would drop in a few months... And it doesn't. I dont want to be too pessimistic but i dont see the album dropping that soon so a single now is weird... we'll see. I hope to be wrong.
Or maybe they'll decide what to do with the track according to its success. If its a huge hit, it might release some pressure off dre (no sure about my english here) and that would finally rush him to drop the entire thing...   

english was spot on ;)

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 05:31:44 PM »

english was spot on ;)

lol, what do you mean ? Its ok to say "release pressure off someone" ?

sorry to turn the thread into english lesson, but it has to get to 10 pages before the music actually drops as usual :D

The D.O.C and

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:04 PM »

english was spot on ;)

lol, what do you mean ? Its ok to say "release pressure off someone" ?

sorry to turn the thread into english lesson, but it has to get to 10 pages before the music actually drops as usual :D

lol. yeah that makes sense. "ease the pressure" is perhaps used more commonly, but "release the pressure" makes perfect sense

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
People are discussing whether this will be on Detox.... but I have a strange feeling that the fan response to this song will determine whether it goes onto the album or not.

So we can call it a detox single - I mean either way it's being used to promote detox.

Like with Crack a bottle, it was initially a hype single, but the response to it was so positive that I guess they forced em to put it on the album.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 06:26:45 PM »
People are discussing whether this will be on Detox.... but I have a strange feeling that the fan response to this song will determine whether it goes onto the album or not.

So we can call it a detox single - I mean either way it's being used to promote detox.

Like with Crack a bottle, it was initially a hype single, but the response to it was so positive that I guess they forced em to put it on the album.

Exactly, folks buying the album would expect the track to be on it and might feel cheated otherwise. Same with crack a bottle, kids hear the stuff on the radio, then at the virgin they be like "hey mommy i want this". If the track is a monster hit, it has to end up on an album, no matter how trash it is.

The D.O.C and

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
N.E.R.D. also just premiered their new single live couple days ago. We'll see...

I'll shit brix if this don't happen!!  :'(

Nooc returns in the hope of some Detox shenanigans 8)

fuck yeah!  8)
I'm just trying to keep my hopes from exaggerating all this hype & rumor.  :-\
yet at the same time trying to remain buoyant in keeping my genuine faith as a dedicated fan that Dre will finally release something, weather it be for D370X or not...  :'(
I mean it's very likely he's finally satisfied with the music & vibe of the track (if it even REALLY exist) so now he'll probably just release it as a stand-alone single like they used to do back in the 90's i.e. Keep Their Head Ringin'

this dichotomy of apathy & anticipation regarding detox is really annoying.
thanks for that Dr. Dre  :D 
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

piccardt1

My Detox Album Prediction
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:12 PM »
Ok guys I am as excited as any of us, reading every little piece of info and letting my mind take me into some fantasy that Dre will create a masterpiece and and geniously market it blah blah. I mean, it should as if any half way decent artist let a lone one of the best artist/producers ever had 10 years to make an album, it would/should rock right? Potentially Dre could have secretly made oh lets just say 8 albums worth of material over the last 10 years and from those picks 12 tracks....sounds pretty ungenious to me honestly...but the pressure isnt about having hot songs as much as it is something new, and more importantly how does the album as a whole measure up from track to track. Well obviously when it comes out we will know, was it a movie/visual concept that actually stuck with a theme or just hot songs like his previous 2. One thangs for sure, his features on songs over the past 5 years have honestly been exactly the same direction lyrically he has always been... and being an artist i can tell you that when i do features i definately can say my timeline is noticeable from a skill perspective... that being said dre hasnt "lost" anything...but his latest appearances don't show anything Genious....with the likes of Kardinal Official, Em's latest For Old Times Sake, leaked Ghost written Crack A Bottle or the sub par odd Hell Breaks Loose track I can honestly say there is no way these apples can fall too far from the Detox Tree, and that being said there is a good chance it won't live up to the hype. Its his elusiveness that has geniously worked in his favor, and anything he puts out people automatically grade it a level higher...I can't wait to hear under pressure, and hopefully I am wrong guys, sure has been a fun ride though waiting for this album.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:56:39 PM by piccardt1 »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My Detox Album Prediction
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 09:36:02 PM »
It's called an ENTER button.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

DaNard2

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:34 PM »
its Detox!! Anything could happen... Dont forget...Detox is coming Soon... Game coming close to Em ..N  Detox close after... Cuz  detox done need mad singles in radio to suceed.. That shit. Already da most anticipated shit of the decade..  If they announce a date now people are gonna cop it witout hearing one song..shiitt.. I know I wouldl.. And he outta his cocoon making apereances and dropping verses...plus we sure gonna cop both other releases cuz u know they gonna be  dope.. even if they two weeks apart .. They still gonna sell good....Anything is Plausible!!!!!!!!!!......2010..Aftermath ..Bitchh!!!....                 

May 4th Focus... Avant Garde Project
June 15 Game... R.E.D Album
June 22 Eminem...Recovery
Before summer's end Dr. Dre... Detox

Elano

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »
lmao

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 11:37:59 PM »
hopefully D.R.E. isn't too O.G. to perform a half way decent live take.  :P
come to think of it all the live Dr. Dre performance's i've seen were all top-notch.  8)
so i wouldn't think any less of this Coachella gig if it does actually happen...  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3xq6T8Zayc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/n3xq6T8Zayc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:45:35 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »
What's this Focus project?

50 recent said he was going to aim to drop Black Magic in the summer.  Not sure if he's still part of Aftermath/Interscope or not.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:06 AM »
I gotta' feelin' this record finna' drop pretty soon.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com