Author Topic: Does school still stimulate your mind  (Read 359 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: Does school still stimulate your mind
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2002, 02:57:54 PM »
Really, School Does The Opposite For Me,

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2002, 03:49:02 PM »
To be honest, my junior year doesn't stimulate my mind as much as the other years of school. Its pretty much just a ton of meaningless work I will forget in a little while. I can't wait til this year is over and I never say that.

wait till your a senior, that feelin of wishin school was over is times 50

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2002, 04:03:53 PM »
here my schedual

3rd-  Roots of opression-  another bull shit class i dont need to graduate,  i either sleep or write rhymes in this class

You might want to pay attention to that one homie.. that's an important class.... maybe your teacher can't teach but you could probably pick up a couple of things here and there that may enlighten you and broaden your view of yourself, your history, and the world.... seeing how people have overcame adversities of the past, and how people have been controlled and oppressed.. and the methods the establishment uses to keep you blind, deaf and dumb... peace.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2002, 04:29:31 PM »
damn i am ALWAYS bored in all my classes, all my teachers suck except for maybe one or two, but i surprisingly do good in all my classes

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2002, 04:39:04 PM »

You might want to pay attention to that one homie.. that's an important class.... maybe your teacher can't teach but you could probably pick up a couple of things here and there that may enlighten you and broaden your view of yourself, your history, and the world.... seeing how people have overcame adversities of the past, and how people have been controlled and oppressed.. and the methods the establishment uses to keep you blind, deaf and dumb... peace.

i have an idiot for a teacher an plus this all stuff i have been learning for tha past 3 years its nothing new,  tha only thing we went indept wit was tha irish potato famine an it dont dont get much more exciting than tha irish potato famine

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2002, 06:28:05 PM »
Thats one thing I hate, a teacher who sucks at their job. Like for example, my Spanish teacher this year, he'd rather crack jokes and give us free days then actually teach us. I have went and complained but the school won't do nuthin about it. If he doesn't change thngs I'ma go have a conversation about him and his teaching. I don't want to do that because he may get insulted and hold a grudge against me.

I remember back in my freshmen year I had this one History teacher, Mr V was his name. He was the best teacher I ever had. I looked forward to his class more than anything. He would just do his business, give a lecture, answer our questions and that's it, no bullshittin. And when he tested us, he actually tested us on what we learned unlike some teachers I have/had. I would do anything to have him as a teacher again.

If teachers concentrated more on doing there job rather than trying to be cool or every students best friend, then education n this country would be so much better.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2002, 07:21:11 PM »
Another problem is teachers that are too strict,  my math teacher,  tha guy was a dick,  an would spend more time makin a big deal about little things,  slouching in your chair,  if he had his back to you an had your hand raised but he did not see you so you called his name out.  Putin your feet on tha bookrest under tha person's seat infront of you.  This guy bitched about every little thing,  an than when no1 knew what to do he would snap

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2002, 07:25:23 PM »

i have an idiot for a teacher an plus this all stuff i have been learning for tha past 3 years its nothing new,  tha only thing we went indept wit was tha irish potato famine an it dont dont get much more exciting than tha irish potato famine

LOL

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2002, 07:30:25 PM »
I don't like lazy teachers who give you a ton of work and sit on their ass for the whole period. I don't have a damn office job, I'm hear to learn, not do stupid sheets your just gonna throw away after you see them.

I learn more from Having discussions from people than reading or doing worksheets. The system and teaching methods need to be changed drastically.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2002, 07:34:20 PM »
Thats one thing I hate, a teacher who sucks at their job. Like for example, my Spanish teacher this year, he'd rather crack jokes and give us free days then actually teach us. I have went and complained but the school won't do nuthin about it. If he doesn't change thngs I'ma go have a conversation about him and his teaching. I don't want to do that because he may get insulted and hold a grudge against me.

I remember back in my freshmen year I had this one History teacher, Mr V was his name. He was the best teacher I ever had. I looked forward to his class more than anything. He would just do his business, give a lecture, answer our questions and that's it, no bullshittin. And when he tested us, he actually tested us on what we learned unlike some teachers I have/had. I would do anything to have him as a teacher again.

If teachers concentrated more on doing there job rather than trying to be cool or every students best friend, then education n this country would be so much better.

WORD!!!!! It goes back to what Chuck D said in his book.... The problem today is that too many adults are still running around acting like kids.  They never grew up and matured.  This causes the youth to struggle in their transition from child-to teenager-to adult.  Because alot of kids are trying to be adults, and alot of adults are still trying to be kids.  This is a backwards and retarded society.

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2002, 06:25:48 AM »
I didn't like high school much, it didn't really do anything for me. and the concelor suck because she didn't want to give me the smart people classes and kept me in all normal classes and the classes i did have work around babysitting (like child development) and health. nothing that would really get me into a University. I don't want to say this because there wasa time when i thought i had it made at that school. The only people who were allowed in the advance classes were Whites and asian. there were only two hispanic often and no blacks. I would have like high school more if they allow me to learn and teach me how to focus on my work and not on learning how to babysit or takecare of a baby. farther more i loved NJROTC, but it shouldn't have been my most important class. the infomation that i learn from there has only gotten me so far, unless i was to join the army. so to answer your question no school just didn't simulate me

Hittman

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2002, 10:43:25 AM »
half the kids outta my high school used to skip relgious education class (that was a waste of time) by saying they were'nt christain lol .. There was nothing the school could do about it ..

Thats Bullshit!! The Whole Point In Religous Education Is To Teach You About Other Religions, And The Lifestyle They Lead. R.E. For Me Hardly Ever Has Anything To Do With Christianty. The Only Time When Kids Should Be Took Out Of RE Is If There Ja Hova's Witnesses Or What There Called. But There Usually Weirdos Anyway.

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2002, 11:08:53 AM »
well mine was .. but then mine was a catholic school (ithink) lol .. we had a small church in the school and everything (em..in case u decided u wanted to pray during lunch or something .. lol) and it was a christain church coz it had cruifixs and stuff in it .. plus the nun was always in it .. and she was a catholic nun. She was our teacher for religion class too .. so there .  :P

Instant_Killa

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2002, 01:38:32 PM »
Im in Canada, BC and Im a grade 12 student. I think my school is really good. I mean it had a stupid reputation years ago, but since these last few years my school has gone through a tremendous change. Most of the teachers are dedicated ones who work hard for ya, the students r all good too.

I always hated Chemistry until now. Ive got this Chem teacher of mine whom I had in Chem 11, now hes my Chem 12 teacher....so nywayz this guy is so cool and dedicated to his students....Ive never ever had so much respect towards this teacher  than to the others...He explains all the concepts extremely well and makes sure that everyone in the class understands everything, and its really worked for my class. When ever we r bored or when were doing work in class...he plays these cool songs including some good rap songs (no harsh ones ofcourse ;D) so we always like our studies in that manner; it helps us focus somehow. He always stays after school till 5 o clock to help us n all.

Right now my state (British Columbia) is having a teacher strike going on....teachers are not to stay after skool(after 3) nymore now because of the strikes....so nywayz we used to have these chem tutorials b4 every test on a chapter in Chem class after skool. Now since the strikes were on we didn't have the chance of staying back. So a group of class students from all the blocks decided to have a tutorial on a Saturday, we emailed each other and got in touch with the teacher...n the teacher was so dedicated that he agreed with us through email on hosting his tutorial even though the skool would be closed. That day he requested the Principle to allow us entry in the class n he agreed. We all met on Saturday for the tutorial, which lasted for 6 hrs. It was very helpful to us....we even had pizza ordered for lunch(lol).

This teacher even burned us all his Chem Review Cd (this was a disc that had all the reviews, questionpapers to last yrs exams, his own personally made question paper tutorial with sound n shit(he actually recorded his voice for answering all the questions n carefully xplaining em) n its helped us all alot in studying.

I think that u can study anything that u want and get straight A's in ur class.....all u need is interest, hard work, dedication and motivation. Man....this teacher is the most dedicated and hard working teacher in our school and hes really developed my interest in Chemistry. Hes always wanted us to be at our best. If only we had more teachers like this on our skools. the world would be a betta place then.

Peace

infamous_smokey

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2002, 06:33:14 AM »
"i never went to high skool, i went to skool high"!! thats maybe the reason why it was so shite for me,but i go college now an it's dope u dont even have to turn up an u can walk out when u want so it's kool!!! and to tha rest ov y'all that r still in skool!!!!

DONT SMOKE WEED AND DO YOUR EXAMZ COZ YOU WILL FUCK UP.LOL

Peace.