Author Topic: Kurupt - Streetlights [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 3556 times)

Mista Rosa

"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Kurupt - Streetlights [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2010, 05:43:31 AM »
who produced "Pay Me"?

Mista Rosa

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »
i really like pay me and smoking. They could have ended on the album... What is wrong nowdays making a 20 songs hip hop album??
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Mietek23

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »

heat

• 'G'
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2010, 01:01:59 AM »
Best Westcoast album so far this year, by far! Fuck it, best hiphop album all over so far this year!

This is on the same level as Space Boogie, exchanged Fred Wreck for Terrace Martin..

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2010, 01:28:18 AM »
good looking on the bonus tracks, big thanks.

dc5_k20z1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2010, 04:17:52 PM »
Can't thank you enough big homie! good lookin out Twisted Smoke, really appreciate you hookin it up! These tracks are real nice..added em to my own custom Streetlights album, and its off the hook...can't stop bumpin Streetlights now that it's 20 tracks deep.
STREETLIGHTS I-TUNES Bonus Tracks

KURUPT

"Pay Me"  (ft. SugaFree, Daz & Soopafly)

15 Pay Me _feat. Suga Free_.m4a - 9.54MB

"Chuccs"

16 Chuccs _feat. Roscoe Umali _ Styl.m4a - 7.66MB

"Smokin 4:20" 

17 Smokin_ 4_20.m4a - 6.15MB

BANG OUT TO IT MY NIGGAZ!

STREETLIGHTS OUT NOW!
8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »
 Cheers for bonus tracks, havent heard yet but thanks.
 Orderd my copy last night, looking foward to hearing the album.

dc5_k20z1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »
The album is solid brotha...but it has a better feel to it IMO when you add the bonus tracks and a few of the left over and take off scrape, riot in the club and possibly all that I want.

Paul

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2010, 01:59:53 AM »
The album is solid brotha...but it has a better feel to it IMO when you add the bonus tracks and a few of the left over and take off scrape, riot in the club and possibly all that I want.

All that I Want is one of my favourite tracks on the album.
funkyfreshintheflesh

dc5_k20z1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
Paul...I agree the track itself is a nice track, I do enjoy it. I dunno tho, for some reason I just wasn't feeling it in the track line up...perhaps if it was after I'm drunk. I dunno....I'm just the type that listens to the whole CD from beginning to end...a couple of times to really feel the vibe and then make my decisions on how I liked the CD. Most people I know pop that bitch in and jump around to the stand out tracks and they never really get a feel for the album as a whole. I just felt like there was a wierd transition in the album about mid way right around "all that I want"....the intro was something new and fresh...rupt had a different vibe, im burnt has a dope beat and im feelin the song but its been out for awhile so it wasnt so new and fresh...questions gotta hot beat...new and fresh sound, wish it was longer and kurupt answered some questions but i felt that joint too...same with in gotti we trust even tho it kinda had a dr. dre sound to it (which is dope IMO)...then there is face down which i really didnt feel at all...after the previous tracks...then there is yessir which is classic IMO...but...its dated been out for awhile...then it gets a lil too laid back an slow after all that hype and most all new fresh beats and vibes with all that I want....but I dunno maybe I just need to listen to the album again. I def find myself poppin in the CD and goin straight to all that I want cause I do like it. But Scrape, and Face Down are NO's for me. And Riot In the Club...its iight, its dated and old too....kurupts flow is cool...i could be in the mood for it at the club or something...but I didn't quite feel it in the line up either. Cause then after all that I want it picks back up and gets funky with that old skool sound (something sorta like what a dre beat might sound like on chronic 2001) cause I like I'm drunk ...wish kurupt had a few more verses on there too..but its funky..and then it kinda slows down again with im the man...and then im burnt rmx which is dope then streetlights slows it down again but is HELLA DOPE! and bounce rock skate is EPIC! shits on fire...so I dunno...I do enjoy the album but I wish maybe some tracks were rearranged to have more of a cohesive flow to it or easier transitioning.

So Much Style

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
bounce rock skate is one of the best songs with the dpg crew ever!!!

all of them come so hard!!! no homo,
dj quiks verse is his best ever! shit is awesome!
kurupts shit is awesome and snoops,
the beat is terrace best ever

6/5  dont yall think???
So much style back at it again

dc5_k20z1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2010, 06:00:53 PM »
style...i do think bounce rock skate is fuccin sicc!!! one of the best cuts in awhile....i think its a classic!

Will_B

« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2010, 01:59:14 PM »
Got my streetlights cd early. I'm loving this album from start to finish.  ;D

i think for the non west coast hip hop fan hearing this album they'll be hella surprised and love it, cause the album is rocking. For some of us because 4 tracks had leaked we might not rate it as higly. But to be honest i love this album. I think the whole project is strong. i like how different producers bring out a different kurupt and terrace has definitely done that. A special edition with the leaked songs like 'murder fitness', 'that's a lie', 'two turntables and a mic'and some of the others would be awesome too

i know you guys might not agree but for me it's 4.5/5 for me. Just missing another classic DJ Quik/Dr.Dre track instead of the 'i'm burnt remix', but if murder fitness was on there i might think different.

I just got this in the post today (I live in the UK) and been listening through track by track on my system.

Initial reactions/mini review:

If I had to describe the album I'd say it's sounds fresh, the track arrangement turns corners and takes you on a ride. There's not one bad track here. I'll agree that Scrape is the weakest track there, but it only stands out because of the generally high standard of music here - not just beats but music. Kurupt and Terrace have achieved what was done with the BlaQKout album and I think, topped it.

From the intro to Yessir the album builds and builds to a peek then flips out and you're like what? But it's actually an interesting change in vibe that plays over the next few tracks (with I'm Drunk really standing out as quality), then I'm The Man pushes the musical depth further, the remix of I'm Burnt sounds twice as dope with the Roscoe verse (so on point!) and by the time you get into the title track 'Streetlights' you really feel like the albums picked you up and taken you on a journey. Bounce, Rock, Skate is just like the icing on the cake and just takes an already great album that bit further.

I'm going to agree with my dude morgy187 and say this CD deserves 4.5/5. A high level album and a fine achievement for Kurupt & Terrace 8)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »
it's good to know that people are still liking the album yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp