Author Topic: WA Deathrow Crooked I - Hood Star (Artwork)  (Read 3162 times)

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WA Deathrow Crooked I - Hood Star (Artwork)
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2010, 02:44:25 AM »
Crooked needs to block this...:)

We need stuff like Raw Dawgs, Crook Show, Ive Suffered, Bang On Em, Jack 101...those snippets sound sick

man i would kill anyone for crook show and jack 101
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Mietek23

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2010, 04:37:11 AM »
man i would kill anyone for crook show and jack 101

LOL

JohnnyL

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2010, 05:21:13 AM »
crooked has been paid for his work, death row paid these cats salaries. if they dropped an album or not they got paid. plus crooked dont have legal rights to this music as far as i know

The other thing is, when Lavi was in charge I think she probably would have nixed the album at Crooked's request, even if she thought she was legally in the right.  She seemed to care about establishing relationships with the artists.  I don't know that that's the case with the current management.  If they feel they have the legal right to put out this "Hood Star" album, I doubt they'll give much of a shit if Crooked I is happy about it or not.  I guess it will all boil down to how confident do they feel that they have the legal right to put it out.  If they feel it's within their rights, I'm sure they'll release it.  I doubt they will feel especially inclined to do Crooked I any favors. 

Jaydc

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2010, 05:22:26 AM »
Daz should put out the crooked I album he has in response to this...and then big c style should release the two albums he has as well lol.

JohnnyL

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2010, 07:01:59 AM »
Daz should put out the crooked I album he has in response to this...and then big c style should release the two albums he has as well lol.

I would love to see all of those projects see a release, someday.  I really like all of the Crooked I tracks that I have heard from that era.  I don't think his flow was as refined then, as it is now.  But it had a rawness to it that I think his newer stuff sometimes lacks.  I think that's partly the reason people also want to hear his "Untouchable" album so much, as well.  It's a shame Wideawake hadn't figured that out.  Because whether this "Hood Star" album goes through or not, I think it's "Untouchable" that most people want to hear, at this point.  Everyone has already heard a substantial amount of tracks from "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2010, 07:47:50 AM »
crooked has been paid for his work, death row paid these cats salaries. if they dropped an album or not they got paid. plus crooked dont have legal rights to this music as far as i know

The other thing is, when Lavi was in charge I think she probably would have nixed the album at Crooked's request, even if she thought she was legally in the right.  She seemed to care about establishing relationships with the artists.  I don't know that that's the case with the current management.  If they feel they have the legal right to put out this "Hood Star" album, I doubt they'll give much of a shit if Crooked I is happy about it or not.  I guess it will all boil down to how confident do they feel that they have the legal right to put it out.  If they feel it's within their rights, I'm sure they'll release it.  I doubt they will feel especially inclined to do Crooked I any favors. 
not really.
she was just talking shit

JohnnyL

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »

not really.

Lol.  Well, what's your basis for saying that?  Sure I'm taking her at her word to an extent.  But my point is, if you look at the way the company has been run since she left, it's gone more downhill.  You need look no further than that Kurupt album for proof of that.  While any company is going to look at making a profit as the bottom line, at least Lara Lavi arranged face to face meetings with Crooked I and many of the other former artists, to try to win them over.  I would almost guarantee that there's been none of that since she's left.  Because all that's going down now is the investors scrambling to recoup any amount of money they can.  That's all that Kurupt "Against the Grain" rehash was.  It was never part of the originally planned releases from Wideawake.  It was a knee-jerk reaction to put something out to try to make some money quickly.  And that's probably all this "Hood Star" album is going to amount to.  It doesn't seem like it's being handled with any care.  It's not exactly "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," and it's definitely not "Untouchable." It's just a random collection of tracks put out in haste to make money.  People with that mentality are just trying to make their money back, they definitely don't give a shit about the artist.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
So can anyone explain why am7 decides the tracklisting for all wideawake releases, and is against giving the people too many tracks that haven't already leaked?

Someone on here said that for this one he's prob just gonna pick tracks that were on the FTP bootleg.

What is he going to do with the rest of the Crooked I DR tracks? listen to them by himself?

EFFeX

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »
What is he going to do with the rest of the Crooked I DR tracks? listen to them by himself?

You asked the question of all questions, lol.

EnzoUK

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
Crooked I speaks on this project briefly in new interview with OnSiteHipHop...

http://onsitehiphop.com/video_details.php?vid=4640#v

song at 10.30???

any1?
Twitter: @EnzoUK

EFFeX

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »
Crooked I speaks on this project briefly in new interview with OnSiteHipHop...

http://onsitehiphop.com/video_details.php?vid=4640#v

song at 10.30???

any1?

"My Life"

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

well the question of all questions is what does am7 do with all the dr material he didnt bootleg? just blast in a room by himself and go ahhhhhh im one of 10 people with this shit???

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2010, 01:34:27 AM »
its fucked up that after 10 years of waiting for a crooked I album, this is what we get . If Crooked just realised that he is never ever going to be a top selling artist he could have released an album himself. Now for the rest of his life he would have to say that this garbage was him debut.

who gives a fuck about the Hip Hop Weekly freetyles.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2010, 03:09:26 AM »

not really.

Lol.  Well, what's your basis for saying that?  Sure I'm taking her at her word to an extent.  But my point is, if you look at the way the company has been run since she left, it's gone more downhill.  You need look no further than that Kurupt album for proof of that.  While any company is going to look at making a profit as the bottom line, at least Lara Lavi arranged face to face meetings with Crooked I and many of the other former artists, to try to win them over.  I would almost guarantee that there's been none of that since she's left.  Because all that's going down now is the investors scrambling to recoup any amount of money they can.  That's all that Kurupt "Against the Grain" rehash was.  It was never part of the originally planned releases from Wideawake.  It was a knee-jerk reaction to put something out to try to make some money quickly.  And that's probably all this "Hood Star" album is going to amount to.  It doesn't seem like it's being handled with any care.  It's not exactly "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," and it's definitely not "Untouchable." It's just a random collection of tracks put out in haste to make money.  People with that mentality are just trying to make their money back, they definitely don't give a shit about the artist.

the interviews & the reality.
she knew exactly what to say.

Mietek23

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2010, 03:33:56 AM »

well the question of all questions is what does am7 do with all the dr material he didnt bootleg? just blast in a room by himself and go ahhhhhh im one of 10 people with this shit???

Or sell it behind closed doors to some hardcore fanatics for 10x higher price - who knows..