Author Topic: WA Deathrow Crooked I - Hood Star (Artwork)  (Read 3161 times)

JohnnyL

Re: WA Deathrow Crooked I - Hood Star (Artwork)
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2010, 05:56:31 AM »
crooked has been paid for his work, death row paid these cats salaries. if they dropped an album or not they got paid. plus crooked dont have legal rights to this music as far as i know

The other thing is, when Lavi was in charge I think she probably would have nixed the album at Crooked's request, even if she thought she was legally in the right.  She seemed to care about establishing relationships with the artists.  I don't know that that's the case with the current management.  If they feel they have the legal right to put out this "Hood Star" album, I doubt they'll give much of a shit if Crooked I is happy about it or not.  I guess it will all boil down to how confident do they feel that they have the legal right to put it out.  If they feel it's within their rights, I'm sure they'll release it.  I doubt they will feel especially inclined to do Crooked I any favors. 
not really.
she was just talking shit

Lol.  Well, what's your basis for saying that?  Sure I'm taking her at her word to an extent.  But my point is, if you look at the way the company has been run since she left, it's gone more downhill.  You need look no further than that Kurupt album for proof of that.  While any company is going to look at making a profit as the bottom line, at least Lara Lavi arranged face to face meetings with Crooked I and many of the other former artists, to try to win them over.  I would almost guarantee that there's been none of that since she's left.  Because all that's going down now is the investors scrambling to recoup any amount of money they can.  That's all that Kurupt "Against the Grain" rehash was.  It was never part of the originally planned releases from Wideawake.  It was a knee-jerk reaction to put something out to try to make some money quickly.  And that's probably all this "Hood Star" album is going to amount to.  It doesn't seem like it's being handled with any care.  It's not exactly "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," and it's definitely not "Untouchable." It's just a random collection of tracks put out in haste to make money.  People with that mentality are just trying to make their money back, they definitely don't give a shit about the artist.

the interviews & the reality.
she knew exactly what to say.

To the extent of how genuine she was being by saying she wanted to build relationships with the artists, I don't know.  It's impossible to know what another person's true motivation is.  But, she's the only one who even made the appearance of trying to reach out to the former artists.  The people in charge clearly don't care about that aspect at this point.  From that last interview, that investor from the bank clearly said that he doesn't want anything else to do with Death Row.  He said he'd sell it to anyone that would give him his money back for it.  That's the kind of mentality that caused them to release that latest Kurupt album, and probably this Crooked I album too, if it manages to get released.

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »
Does this shit have a tracklist yet?? Are Crook Show and Raw Dawgs on it?? Jack 101??

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2010, 08:33:53 AM »
but the question is, did she really care?

she sounded like a politician.
so i don't know if Wideawake was better off with her.
besides, was she really calling the shots when she was a CEO? i doubt it.

JohnnyL

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »

Well, I'm not trying to nominate her for sainthood or anything.  Wideawake was poorly ran even when she was there.  It's my opinion that things were better with her there than without her.  But regardless of who was in charge, the company has yet to be ran with any efficiency.  I don't even think of Wideawake as a company anymore though.  More like just a few investors without any frame of reference for what they're doing (or any interest in what they're doing for that matter) just selling off tracks out of desperation, to try to make a few bucks before the whole thing implodes.

EFFeX

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »
Does this shit have a tracklist yet?? Are Crook Show and Raw Dawgs on it?? Jack 101??

Absolutely

NOT

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

Absolutely

NOT

Crooked I - Raw Dawgs (produced by Darren Vegas straight outta crib before Death Row)

i would love to hear this in full !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »

Well, I'm not trying to nominate her for sainthood or anything.  Wideawake was poorly ran even when she was there.  It's my opinion that things were better with her there than without her.  But regardless of who was in charge, the company has yet to be ran with any efficiency.  I don't even think of Wideawake as a company anymore though.  More like just a few investors without any frame of reference for what they're doing (or any interest in what they're doing for that matter) just selling off tracks out of desperation, to try to make a few bucks before the whole thing implodes.
fair enough.

i do believe that they had the opportunity to do it right, but they blew it.

EFFeX

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »

Absolutely

NOT

Crooked I - Raw Dawgs (produced by Darren Vegas straight outta crib before Death Row)

i would love to hear this in full !

I co-sign this!

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »

Absolutely

NOT

lol ok, you know if it will ever see the light of day?

EFFeX

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »

Absolutely

NOT

lol ok, you know if it will ever see the light of day?

I have no idea and I was just joking with my post, to be honest, none of us know the track list until Wide Awake releases it. I'm just making a guess, lol.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »
Does anyone know if Crooked is in possession of all or the majority of his unreleased material, or are they only scattered around in various collector's stashes & in Wideawakes vaults  ??? Just wondered if he hasn't listened to some of these tracks in years until they have recently resurfaced.    

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
they are only scattered around in various collector's stashes & in Wideawakes vaults

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »
they are only scattered around in various collector's stashes & in Wideawakes vaults

Thanks for the info Tanner.

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2010, 03:32:23 AM »
whats the lsn version tracklist?
i didnt know it leaked

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2010, 11:47:42 AM »
I actually like the cover !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson