Author Topic: Rakim answers "Who is the greatest MC of all time?"  (Read 1650 times)

the ghost

Re: Rakim answers "Who is the greatest MC of all time?"
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2010, 11:54:27 AM »
Fuck all'yall.  Rakim>your favorite rapper.

Jaydc

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
^
^
That's not relevant to this discussion. What does natural talent have to do with the greatest in rap? Rapping isn't a natural talent, its an acquired skill. Like guitar playing.

I highly disagree.People like tech n9ne,bone thugs twista etc that is natural talent,not many people can do that.And even when were not talking vocally,certain people are talented with writtens,multis double entendres,wit etc.Thats natural talent not something someone can practice and achieve easily its just part of who they are.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
Fuck all'yall.  Rakim>your favorite rapper.
including Jay-Z
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »
^
^
That's not relevant to this discussion. What does natural talent have to do with the greatest in rap? Rapping isn't a natural talent, its an acquired skill. Like guitar playing.

And that's why I said it's better to equate Jay Z with someone like John Lennon, or even Bob Dylan, rather than Elvis. They were artists that had to hone a skill to become something because their natural talent wasn't there.

P.S. there's plenty of natural talent and rhythm that go with playing guitar. Both Lil Wayne and Jimi Hendrix play guitar. Lil Wayne would have to practice for 100 years to get as good as Jimi was when Jimi was 12 years old.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
^
^

I highly disagree.People like tech n9ne,bone thugs twista etc that is natural talent,not many people can do that.And even when were not talking vocally,certain people are talented with writtens,multis double entendres,wit etc.Thats natural talent not something someone can practice and achieve easily its just part of who they are.

I'm not trying to say there is no raw talent in rapping. Of course there is. Just that in a battle between raw talent and honed skill rapping falls on the latter. Singing falls on the former. Elvis became famous because of his natural abilities. Jay Z became famous because of dedication to success. If Jay Z worked as hard as Elvis did he'd be nowhere right now, and if Elvis worked as hard as Jay Z to be a star he'd still be alive today performing for money than anyone else. Because even at 75 Elvis would have been able to headline Vegas untill death and tour the world for old fogies to pay through the nose.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
Lol @ this thread.

Duke started talking by mentioning clothing and business ventures, as well as music.  Ra is adding success into the equation here. 

If you doubt who Rakim really thinks are the best emcees in terms of skill, go check his interviews on youtube...  Y'all buggin.  His list is just like ours.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2010, 05:02:25 PM »
where is this audio?
1.he said take himself outta the equation...so rakim still considers himself the best...lol
2.and he was speakin on more of the terms of everythin clothes etc...

KRS-One said Lil Wayne is the greatest of all time. At least Rakim's selection is arguable.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.