Author Topic: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?  (Read 1879 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »
Some I'd like to see (if there's enough material):

Eastwood
J-Flexx
Sam Sneed
Lady of Rage (from '94-96)
Danny Boy (the tracks that didn't make the album they dropped today)
Tha Dogg Pound
Swoop G

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
Id put swoop g head and shoulders above everyone of the people Id like to hear an album by.His track on the compilation was easily the best song,his solo album was solid and everything hes released under death row has been above average.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
I'm thinking a "Re-Lit" edition of Doggystyle, Lost Sessions Vol. 2 and a few compilations. They might also release that so-called DR Demo-Tape by Nipsey as a EP if he actually drops his album this year, lol.

I wish they'd release more K-Solo, Eastwood and Petey Pablo tracks though.

Petey Pablo? The fuck for?!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 10:52:25 PM »
I'm thinking a "Re-Lit" edition of Doggystyle, Lost Sessions Vol. 2 and a few compilations. They might also release that so-called DR Demo-Tape by Nipsey as a EP if he actually drops his album this year, lol.

Because he had the best work ethic over there, and arguably the best material.

Jaydc

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »
I enjoyed peteys material and his two solo album,and hes by far the biggest name death row after teh first generation.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

Because he had the best work ethic over there, and arguably the best material.

Yeah Petey Pablo was at his best during his time on DR. Looking back at it now almost all of his leaked DR tracks are right up there with the best of post 96 era DR music IMO. Not so much because of his lyrical skills ofcourse but he still had a decent flow backed with some real quality productions on most songs.
Besides I seriously think he stood the best chance of bringing DR back, he already had a buzz going at that time plus alot of the DR stuff he did might have done well on the charts.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 01:16:44 AM »
You niggas are delusional. I was happy about them potentially getting Juvenile. But Petey? Nah thats when I turned in my Row fan membership card.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EFFeX

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:20 AM »
You niggas are delusional. I was happy about them potentially getting Juvenile. But Petey? Nah thats when I turned in my Row fan membership card.

What do you mean?

You weren't excited about the man who created such timeless classics like these joining Tha Row?

::)

2euce 7even

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 04:56:07 AM »

What do you mean?

You weren't excited about the man who created such timeless classics like these joining Tha Row?

::)

FUCK PETEY´S ALBUM RELEASE SOME TYPICAL DEATH ROW SHIT!!!!!!

FUNNY HOW BIG WY TOOK A SHOT AT PETEY ON "CALIFORNIA" WITH CROOKED I.

WA SHOULD RELEASE SOME REAL DEATH ROW MOB SHIT!

riphuero

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 01:45:41 AM »
HMM HERE ARE MY PICKS
1>Lbc crew album
2>a comp from 94-96 of all unreleased music.3
3>tray dee album--- there is enough material for a 12-13 songs for a lp
4.>nate dogg album
5. 2pac album

dnjp4life

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 04:39:33 AM »
I'd like to see a Dogg Pound album (perhaps West -Coast Aftershock) and also an officially released Nate Dogg DR album (I know G-Funk Classics sort of was but there must be more).

Mietek23

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 04:44:45 AM »
Nate Dogg and Sam Sneed took his DR material when they left so WideAwake can't release it..

Jaydc

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:19 AM »
I'd like to see a Dogg Pound album (perhaps West -Coast Aftershock) and also an officially released Nate Dogg DR album (I know G-Funk Classics sort of was but there must be more).

G funk wasnt sort of,it was.I own the the g funk classics with the death row logo on it.Thats the material he had in the vaults,they released his album then it was pulled off the shelves.Funny story,I found the album in a dollar store still in the original packaging and bought it for one dollar lol.

Okka

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 06:18:28 AM »
Id put swoop g head and shoulders above everyone of the people Id like to hear an album by.His track on the compilation was easily the best song,his solo album was solid and everything hes released under death row has been above average.

All of his albums are dope, even the new one had some great material on it. If Death Row has some of his unreleased material, i would love to hear it.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 06:28:46 AM »
There are a lot of artists they could still release which would appeal to harcore fans but sales wise other than pac im not sure.

Im personally waiting for a dogg pound album and a proper kurupt album from the 90's.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson