Author Topic: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?  (Read 1880 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
where did Sam say that?
i'm not doubting you, just wondering where you got it from

Tanner contacted him ;)
i see, thanks.
oh man...please dont tease us like that...haha..

the word I'm hearing is that Sam Sneed is next...

bigpimpin20

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
Jewell solo album would be nice 8)

I dunno man. After hearing Black Diamond (the title track) on the Boxset, I think Suge was right not to release her album.

I like Michel'le  Death Row LP and i think Jewell would be better (dont have to be original Black Diamond album, maybe some newer stuff)

JohnnyL

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
After they drop the "Please Don't Sue Us" Compilation, they should drop their second Crooked I LP, "The Missing Non-FTP Files."  Featuring artwork of a another girl's buttcrack on the front cover. OR a publicity still of Crooked I that was commisioned by Dynasty Records.

ikke

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
All we want now is One Nation or the 2pac album.

WIDEawake is now finished. They can't keep releasing Snoop CDs, that's all that will make money now.
One Nation was the Outlaw/BCC release right?

JohnnyL

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »

WIDEawake is now finished. They can't keep releasing Snoop CDs, that's all that will make money now.

Yeah.  It was Pac with the Outlawz and Bootcamp Click and some other featured artsits like Spice One and Kokane, etc.  It was supposed to come out through Death Row and Duck Down Records.  But at this point, I don't think Wideawake could release it because they only have the rights to 13 Death Row-era tracks.  And those 13 tracks were from a pre-selected list.  I doubt there were any "One Nation" tracks on the list.  I think the only hope for it to come out is if Amaru releases it, but at this point, I'd say the chances of that are slim to none.

EFFeX

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
After they drop the "Please Don't Sue Us" Compilation, they should drop their second Crooked I LP, "The Missing Non-FTP Files."  Featuring artwork of a another girl's buttcrack on the front cover. OR a publicity still of Crooked I that was commisioned by Dynasty Records.

I think it would make the most sense if the next cover was this...

LOL...

BTW: Hood Star is now available for pre-order on Amazon, guess it is coming.

ikke

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »

Yeah.  It was Pac with the Outlawz and Bootcamp Click and some other featured artsits like Spice One and Kokane, etc.  It was supposed to come out through Death Row and Duck Down Records.  But at this point, I don't think Wideawake could release it because they only have the rights to 13 Death Row-era tracks.  And those 13 tracks were from a pre-selected list.  I doubt there were any "One Nation" tracks on the list.  I think the only hope for it to come out is if Amaru releases it, but at this point, I'd say the chances of that are slim to none.
There was atleast a one nation bootleg out there, saw it on another forum a while back.
But if it was going to be released on both DR & DD, shouldn't DUck Down have the rights to atleast a few tracks of it?

JohnnyL

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »

Yeah.  It was Pac with the Outlawz and Bootcamp Click and some other featured artsits like Spice One and Kokane, etc.  It was supposed to come out through Death Row and Duck Down Records.  But at this point, I don't think Wideawake could release it because they only have the rights to 13 Death Row-era tracks.  And those 13 tracks were from a pre-selected list.  I doubt there were any "One Nation" tracks on the list.  I think the only hope for it to come out is if Amaru releases it, but at this point, I'd say the chances of that are slim to none.
There was atleast a one nation bootleg out there, saw it on another forum a while back.
But if it was going to be released on both DR & DD, shouldn't DUck Down have the rights to atleast a few tracks of it?

Yeah.  There have been a few bootlegs over the years.  But since only a few people know what all tracks were intended for the album, every bootleg that's been released has included tracks that weren't actual "One Nation" tracks.  The bootlegs usually end up with a few tracks on them that were actually from "One Nation," but always end up including non-"One Nation" tracks as well.
  I think you're right about Duck Down having some of the right to "One Nation" too.  One rumor I heard was that the original intention was for "One Nation" to be two discs, with one disc coming out on Death Row and one coming out on Duck Down.  Not sure if that is accurate or not.  I think for the purposes of releasing it today, Amaru would still have the ultimate say in whether or not it came out, but I think Duck Down would retain some rights to it.  Someone smarter than me about legal shit would have to elaborate, but I think that's how it would work.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:35:29 PM by JohnnyL »

JohnnyL

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »
After they drop the "Please Don't Sue Us" Compilation, they should drop their second Crooked I LP, "The Missing Non-FTP Files."  Featuring artwork of a another girl's buttcrack on the front cover. OR a publicity still of Crooked I that was commisioned by Dynasty Records.

LOL...

Good find.  In looking for the digital version on amazon, I also noticed that Royce is dropping a deluxe version of "Street Hop" on May 18th.  Did anyone else know anything about this?  I know it doesn't have a whole lot to do with Crooked I, but I happened across it in the digital downloads when I noticed that it now lists the track "Gun Harmonizing" as "coming May 18th. lol  There appears to be three extra tracks on this version, although I don't know why anyone would buy the whole thing all over again for 3 songs.
 Oh, and strangely enough, there's no digital listing for "Hood Star" yet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:48:26 PM by JohnnyL »

EFFeX

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »
After they drop the "Please Don't Sue Us" Compilation, they should drop their second Crooked I LP, "The Missing Non-FTP Files."  Featuring artwork of a another girl's buttcrack on the front cover. OR a publicity still of Crooked I that was commisioned by Dynasty Records.

LOL...

Good find.  In looking for the digital version on amazon, I also noticed that Royce is dropping a deluxe version of "Street Hop" on May 18th.  Did anyone else know anything about this?  I know it doesn't have a whole lot to do with Crooked I, but I happened across it in the digital downloads when I noticed that it now lists the track "Gun Harmonizing" as "coming May 18th. lol  There appears to be three extra tracks on this version, although I don't know why anyone would buy the whole thing all over again for 3 songs.

Yeah, I knew about Street Hop, Royce mentioned this in an interview recently. Not exactly sure why they are dropping it again, but perhaps they think they can tie it in around the release of Bar Exam 3 for a few more sales.

Jaydc

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »
When are they going to release the damn tracklist for hood star?I hope it isnt the same 15 songs that have already leaked.

EFFeX

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »
When are they going to release the damn tracklist for hood star?I hope it isnt the same 15 songs that have already leaked.

I'm guessing we heard 14 and there will be 1 unheard.

Jaydc

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
Probably.Im sure the quality will somehow be worse as well.But,Ill still buy it just so I can say I own a Crooked I album lol.

Jaydc

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »
Id much rather have untouchable though.

EFFeX

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
Id much rather have untouchable though.

Most definitely!