Author Topic: B.o.B. - The Adventures Of Bobby Ray [Discussion Thread]  (Read 3616 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: B.o.B. - The Adventures Of Bobby Ray [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »
This album never got much spins from me and I do agree that it's more or less a pop album.  It's not as original as most fans are purporting it to be.  I know in hip-hop playing instruments is a big deal but it's really not.  It's kind of sad that it is viewed that way.  With that said I'm glad he does play instruments and I'm glad he spreads a positive message.  The more hip-hop mature in small steps, the more the game is brought up to a higher level.

While I don't like most of his material I do find certain songs get bumped - kids & fuck the money (with asher roth).  I also think it was a step down from this past material.  It was toned down for a mainstream audience .

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
I agree with action somewhat.It is a pop album,but it feels like thats what comes naturally to him.He never struck me as some lyrical cat,more an artistic pop artist.

Lunatic

« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »
I agree with action somewhat.It is a pop album,but it feels like thats what comes naturally to him.He never struck me as some lyrical cat,more an artistic pop artist.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
Note: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING A POP INFUSED HIP-HOP ALBUM or if you want to call it a HIP-HOP INFUSED POP album, that's fine but there's nothing wrong with that. 

I know plenty of people will read my statement and assume my calling it pop equates to a derogatory comment.  I'm not.  I love pop music as much as I love hip-hop music.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

midwestryder

« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2010, 03:28:54 AM »
I've taken this album out of my rotation, it's almost painful to listen to now.  So shallow and forced

Go listen to snoop dogg ft souljah boy with an auto tuned song hook and tell me whats shallow and forced.

shallow? perhaps, but Snoop isn't trying to be some fake hipster, forced? no, track seemed quite natural and was one of soulja boys strongest songs
you just lost all cred with what you said . nothing about b.o.b album sound forced fake hipster  at all like snoop is today. every track is natural for b.o.b . but you don't who b.o.b is . so you are judging with closeminded ignorance. b.o.b is not being fake hipster, forced. b.o.b is being his natural self but you are so far up snoop dogg ass you can't see it . you are in denial big time & you are snoop stan that can't get off the dick. every track on b.o.b.'s album is natural & that is fact ,stan

ikke

« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2010, 04:17:33 AM »
I've taken this album out of my rotation, it's almost painful to listen to now.  So shallow and forced

Go listen to snoop dogg ft souljah boy with an auto tuned song hook and tell me whats shallow and forced.

shallow? perhaps, but Snoop isn't trying to be some fake hipster, forced? no, track seemed quite natural and was one of soulja boys strongest songs
you just lost all cred with what you said . nothing about b.o.b album sound forced fake hipster  at all like snoop is today. every track is natural for b.o.b . but you don't who b.o.b is . so you are judging with closeminded ignorance. b.o.b is not being fake hipster, forced. b.o.b is being his natural self but you are so far up snoop dogg ass you can't see it . you are in denial big time & you are snoop stan that can't get off the dick. every track on b.o.b.'s album is natural & that is fact ,stan
The "." is supposed to be right after the last word of a sentence. < Like that, you don't need to put a space in between.