Author Topic: B.o.B. - The Adventures Of Bobby Ray [Discussion Thread]  (Read 3661 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: B.o.B. - The Adventures Of Bobby Ray [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
Finally!

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »
Waiting on the bonus tracks to leak too.

This album is great, about mid way through.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »
1. Don't Let Me Fall - 4/5 great opener
2. Nothin' on You - 4/5 lots of mainstream appeal but still a great song
3. Past My Shades - 4.25/5 hook isn't the greatest but wow lupe fiasco wrecks this shit
4. Airplanes - 4.5/5 - love this record. Hayley Williams can sing her ass off
5. Bet I - 4.5/5 Playboy Tre is nothing special but T.I. drops 1 of his best verses ever and B.o.B. kills it too
6. Ghost in the Machine - 4/5 the vibe switch up works here. Bobby Ray persona fans will love this one
7. The Kids - 4.25/5 - Was really anticipating this collabo and it doesn't disappoint. Love the vibe.
8. Magic - 4/5 - unique in a weird way but I like it
9. Fame - 4.25/5 Love B.o.B. style on this one
10. Lovelier Than You - 4/5 been out for a while but still great. Is that rap part new? don't remember that in the og version
11. 5th Dimension - 3.5/5 worst song on here. Not a fan of Ricco Barrino. Still not a bad tune though.
12. Airplanes 2 - 5/5 - the minimal beat switch ups are cool and both BOB/Eminem wreck their verses. Great [same] hook too.

Album lives up to the hype. Best debut album in a while. Can't wait to cop on the 27th.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »
album is amazing, will deff be picking this up!  8)

The Watcher

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
he shouldve removed airplanes pt 1 and replaced it with another track, pt 2 is 10x better
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

PLANT

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
this is pretty fresh

The Watcher

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 07:00:02 PM »
1. Don't Let Me Fall - 4/5 great opener
2. Nothin' on You - 4/5 lots of mainstream appeal but still a great song
3. Past My Shades - 4.25/5 hook isn't the greatest but wow lupe fiasco wrecks this shit
4. Airplanes - 4.5/5 - love this record. Hayley Williams can sing her ass off
5. Bet I - 4.5/5 Playboy Tre is nothing special but T.I. drops 1 of his best verses ever and B.o.B. kills it too
6. Ghost in the Machine - 4/5 the vibe switch up works here. Bobby Ray persona fans will love this one
7. The Kids - 4.25/5 - Was really anticipating this collabo and it doesn't disappoint. Love the vibe.
8. Magic - 4/5 - unique in a weird way but I like it
9. Fame - 4.25/5 Love B.o.B. style on this one
10. Lovelier Than You - 4/5 been out for a while but still great. Is that rap part new? don't remember that in the og version
11. 5th Dimension - 3.5/5 worst song on here. Not a fan of Ricco Barrino. Still not a bad tune though.
12. Airplanes 2 - 5/5 - the minimal beat switch ups are cool and both BOB/Eminem wreck their verses. Great [same] hook too.

Album lives up to the hype. Best debut album in a while. Can't wait to cop on the 27th.

really can't disagree with this review. this album is just a breath of fresh air for hiphop, hopefully he drops a decent followup.

the feeling i get from this album is kinda like 'college dropout'. kanye really came strong with album but (in my opinion) dropped the ball after that. hopefully B.o.B doesnt follow suit.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Portugoal

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 03:43:01 AM »
This album is going to the car this afternoon!

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:47 AM »

It really sucks that there are only 12 songs, 2 of those 3 bonus tracks are better than a lot of the material on the album. Not that I am saying that it's a bad album, far from it but I don't understand the logic in only including those 3 as bonus tracks.
Well not Satellite but No Man's Land is a song I am feeling
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:02:06 AM by virtuoso »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2010, 03:50:16 AM »
This is a finely polished album, with universal songs.  Of course, the singles are the best songs, but this is still a strong album.  It's upbeat, yes, but the I most of the verses are more somber production.  Not sure if I would like it more though.

"Magic", the the feel-good college anthem strikes me as the worth of B.o.B.   Inspired enough to fuge a different sound for a rapper, and creative enough to make it work.

The track with T.I. is the worst effort.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2010, 04:31:12 AM »
Great album, I only dislike one or two songs.

Too short tho

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
Damn, I vehemently disagree. Magic is everything that's wrong with B.o.B.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »
If I buy this album will it contain the bonus tracks?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »
This is a finely polished album, with universal songs.  Of course, the singles are the best songs, but this is still a strong album.  It's upbeat, yes, but the I most of the verses are more somber production.  Not sure if I would like it more though.

"Magic", the the feel-good college anthem strikes me as the worth of B.o.B.   Inspired enough to fuge a different sound for a rapper, and creative enough to make it work.

The track with T.I. is the worst effort.

isnt it usually the other way about? from what ive read i get the feeling i wont like this album, bout to check it out anyway

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
I refrained from checking out the leaks that dropped recently, all I heard was "Nothin' On You" and "Bet I" so I didn't really know what to expect from the album and I've been checking for B.o.B for a little over a year now

1. Don't Let Me Fall - 4/5, good opener for the album and some good lyrics on here
2. Nothin' on You - 4/5, this song has been cool in my book especially for a single, great to see how it blew up too
3. Past My Shades - 4/5, dope track and I like the chemistry B.o.B./Lupe have
4. Airplanes - 4/5, solid track... the very first time hearing the hook I was like "ehh" but then on only the second time it grew on me
5. Bet I - 4/5, this has been out for a bit but the newly added T.I. verse helps cuz he kills it, hook is also catchy... straight track
6. Ghost in the Machine - 4/5, something different than the previous cuts but it works
7. The Kids - 3.5/5, this track is decent but I dunno it feels like it could have used more, just don't know what lol
8. Magic - 3/5, ehh not my type of shit but it's not that bad either, I won't be playing this track too much but like I said it's nothing "wack"
9. Fame - 4/5, B.o.B has a dope flow on here and the lyrics were on point
10. Lovelier Than You - 3.5/5, decent R&B inspired track
11. 5th Dimension - 4/5, I liked this one, dope beat and B.o.B kills it
12. Airplanes 2 - 4.5/5, not sure a part 2 was needed but this version is 10x better, I liked the B.o.B verse better here and Eminem straight rips it, great song

overall a 4/5, solid album... I can see this album being just like Cudi's for me in terms of how it may grow on me because I didn't know what to expect at first, my only complaints are that its a bit short and instead of having 2 parts to "Airplane" they could have replaced the first one with maybe "I'll Be In The Sky", IMO that song would have still fit the vibe of the album and right in that track space

gotta go cop this on Tuesday to support B.o.B  8)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:44:23 AM by BloodMoney2010 »