Author Topic: Guru letter thread  (Read 3394 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Guru letter thread
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
i don't want to disgrace his name in the rest in peace thread with this but it needs to be discussed

http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/04/did-producer-fake-rapper-guru’s-deathbed-letter/

either:

A-this letter is a fake  (wrote by Solar)

B-Solar completely brainwashed Guru

C-Solar and Guru were lovers

what is everyone else's thought?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sikotic™

Re: Guru letter thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:33:47 PM »
You talkin about the "partner" thing making them gay?

Anyways, if anyone does doubt it, I'm sure there will be a hard copy of some kind available. But if it is true, Premo must've done him somehting dirty.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:36:57 PM by Sikotic Smack Da Kufi Off Yo' Bitch Ass Head »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »
Option B. At the end, after his cancer diagnoses Guru was starting to big up Solar as if he was greater than Primo. He went from talking about Gangstarr reunions (the Fall before his diagnoses) to talking about Solar producing his greatest work. I saw my grandma suffer from a stroke, and from there my aunt used her weaken state to gain her trust, block out our family and then was able to have my grandma sign anything she wanted, including having my grandma vote for Arnold (my grandma was a die hard Democrat and my aunt is a die hard Republican). That's what is sounds like here. In 2007, Guru was entertaining Gangstarr reunions, by Winter 2008 (his diagnoses) he was working exclusively with Solar, and by Summer 2009 he was bigging up Solar and Solar was taking out his family and Premo. It's sad that the end had to be like this. Most of Guru's family and Premo see eye to eye, so I can see who's truly had Guru in their best wishes. Oh well, RIP to a legend, and we always have the good Gangstarr music. Guru is truly Above the Clouds now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ucvta7xDo_4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ucvta7xDo_4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:54:19 PM by M Dogg »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
It's probably a combination of events.  Look it's easy to blame one person.  Reality is complicated.  Guru probably had certain feelings pent up inside of him.  Solar could have exploited them to the fullest and made the situation a hundred times worse but it doesn't deny that Guru felt a certain way.   Clearly, there was a falling out between Guru & Premier.  Maybe Solar knew how to stroke Guru's ego and won Guru's complete confidence over but you can't just blame Solar.

M Dogg's situation could also be true.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jome

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
Guru's nephew talks on Solar denying Guru's family from visiting Guru (before he died):

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:55:35 PM »
ive been listenin' to Guru all day since i got home from work

it's a depressing situation....my old room mate met Guru and Guru gave him a t-shirt that he still has to this day.....he admitted to cryin like a baby over finding our Guru's passing.

it's a cold world
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:29:20 AM »
This is a case of fans not being on the internet back then, and fans dickriding Premo cuz he's got more accolades than Solar.  Y'all reaching...

Just cuz Premo is a great producer dont mean he cant have a falling out with a friend.....

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:18 AM »
This is a case of fans not being on the internet back then, and fans dickriding Premo cuz he's got more accolades than Solar.  Y'all reaching...

Just cuz Premo is a great producer dont mean he cant have a falling out with a friend.....
Exactly. I mean, I hope the shit is made up too, but nobody knows what went on between those two. People don't want to think that Guru would feel that coldblooded towards Premo, but who knows.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 12:53:40 AM »

Exactly. I mean, I hope the shit is made up too, but nobody knows what went on between those two. People don't want to think that Guru would feel that coldblooded towards Premo, but who knows.

Yeah, I think that Solar held him down for years, and the fans don't know that cuz that's private life.  Then they see him get cold towards Premo for WHATEVER reasons, and automatically ppl link Solar as the problem, tryna defend Preme cuz he's a solid producer and everyone respect him.

Dude wrote a letter on his deathbed, he still had beef with Premo at the time. End of story, nothing more than that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 01:02:04 AM »

How come this "falling out" wasn't reciprocated? Every interview I've seen with Primo he's said he's down to work and that its up to Guru. he's never spoken down on their relationship, its always been Guru taking shots. It really comes across as either Guru being brainwashed by Solar or he was genuinely bitter that Primo had a major part in his success and was jealous til the end. If one of these is the case, its either Solar or Guru who is simply being the bitter asshole.  

I'd also buy the gay thing. Dude was showing WAAAYY too much love to a no-name producer, bringing his name up at every chance when its not even relevant. I've never seen ANY rapper ride for another that hard, no matter how close they were. Why would his letter mention Solar every other line and not show love to a single other person? What about his family? What about all the other people he's associated with?

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
I don't see how Guru giving a dude that held him down til death major props = gay personally. That's kinda far fetched unless there's some other shit out there where they're showing affection that I'm not aware of.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 01:10:13 AM »

heres the thing

Premo has ALWAYS been saying  "when guru is ready to hit me up we'll work...he wanted to take a break"

Guru on the other hand acted like he was entitled to the name Gangstarr and all this crap

sadly i think the guy rumors may be true...not sad because being gay is wrong but sad because whether true or not Guru's name is going to be dragged through the mud after his death.  poor guy :(

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »
I don't see how Guru giving a dude that held him down til death major props = gay personally. That's kinda far fetched unless there's some other shit out there where they're showing affection that I'm not aware of.
well there were rumors.......

either way what a sad way to die....depressed/bitter and in bad health

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 01:13:44 AM »
This is a case of fans not being on the internet back then, and fans dickriding Premo cuz he's got more accolades than Solar.  Y'all reaching...

heres the thing

Premo has ALWAYS been saying  "when guru is ready to hit me up we'll work...he wanted to take a break"

Guru on the other hand acted like he was entitled to the name Gangstarr and all this crap
Well from a fans perspective, it seems like Premo is the voice of reason. All I'm sayin is nobody knows what really went down and we should all reserve judgment until the shit comes out. You very well could be right about all of that, but at the time we have no clue. I'm not gonna automatically put the finger of blame on Guru and go as far as call dude gay just because he wasn't being civil towards Premo and propping some other producer.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jaydc

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:14:32 AM »
Something is fishy about it.When people are on their deathbeds they dont write letters to their enemies.They show remorse and want to make amends with people.They dont trask talk former friends.The letter reaks of solar,im positive he was the one that wrote it.The fact solar was blocking his own family from seeing him is a tell tale sign something was fishy.I wouldnt be shocked if guru and solar were in fact lovers.