Author Topic: Guru letter thread  (Read 3370 times)

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Guru letter thread
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:40:55 AM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only Guru knows RIP.............. :(

Elano

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 04:04:55 AM »
ive been listenin' to Guru all day since i got home from work

it's a depressing situation....my old room mate met Guru and Guru gave him a t-shirt that he still has to this day.....he admitted to cryin like a baby over finding our Guru's passing.

it's a cold world

no, it's not a cold world for this reason  :nawty:

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 04:20:56 AM »
I thought Guru was in a coma? How could he have wrote a letter on his deathbed  ???

Fuck Solar, the dude is clearly manipulative.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:05 AM »
This is a case of fans not being on the internet back then, and fans dickriding Premo cuz he's got more accolades than Solar.  Y'all reaching...

Just cuz Premo is a great producer dont mean he cant have a falling out with a friend.....
Exactly. I mean, I hope the shit is made up too, but nobody knows what went on between those two. People don't want to think that Guru would feel that coldblooded towards Premo, but who knows.

Yeah, I think that Solar held him down for years, and the fans don't know that cuz that's private life.  Then they see him get cold towards Premo for WHATEVER reasons, and automatically ppl link Solar as the problem, tryna defend Preme cuz he's a solid producer and everyone respect him.

Dude wrote a letter on his deathbed, he still had beef with Premo at the time. End of story, nothing more than that.

Please don't voice your own conclusions as fact. People that actually knew and were close to Guru have concluded that he didn't write that letter - Bumpy Knuckles being just one such example. I think they would know better than a fan like you or I.

Anyone defending Solar is either ill-informed or crazy. The guy used Guru's "official" Twitter to promote 7 Grand Records releases while Guru was in a coma. He blocked Guru's family from visiting him at a time when the MC probably needed them most. He has done everything in his power to make a situation that is surely already painful for Premier worse. Who is that callous on their deathbed? How does a man who has spent weeks, maybe months, in a coma find the time to write such a lengthy letter of condemnation? C'mon...

When all the Guru / Solar drama first came to light, several people who admired and shared time with Guru voiced their concern over Solar. Statik Selektah, Rosenberg of Hot 97, and countless others, questioned his character. To me - and I think the majority of people - it never looked like Solar had anyone but his own best interests at heart.

I initially prayed that Guru would make it through the bouts of poor health and reunite with those that truly loved and cared for him. Now I can only hope that the truth about Solar and his motives will one day come to light.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Okka

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 05:11:25 AM »
Here's what Statik Selektah said about the letter.

toebee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
Statement from Guru's Family.
Solar got some explaining to do!

http://rapradar.com/2010/04/21/guru-family-releases-statement/

What Solar did is one of the most disrespecting thing a person can do.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 07:57:49 AM »
First post in like 2-3 years.

Doesnt matter in the end, hip hop has lost half of its most talented duo EVER. Sad.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Elano

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 08:03:03 AM »
this letter looks like written by solar  ::)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »
I wish my gf was making that kinda move. I gave her a stripper pole for valentine day i'm still waiting

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Something is fishy about it.When people are on their deathbeds they dont write letters to their enemies.They show remorse and want to make amends with people.They dont trask talk former friends.The letter reaks of solar,im positive he was the one that wrote it.The fact solar was blocking his own family from seeing him is a tell tale sign something was fishy.I wouldnt be shocked if guru and solar were in fact lovers.

it's a fact that many gay people use "cancer" as a way to cover up aids

either way though hip hop just lost a legend
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 10:13:06 AM »
Well based on his family said, something is definitely up. If Solar did write that shit up, that's low as fuck.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
I think they're telling the truth honestly (Solar & Guru).  I mean, just bcuz Guru was some street rappin' Guru from an iconic Hip Hop group doesn't mean shit in the end (in this situation).  My family hates me lol and we never really talk, but back in tha day it was nothin but love, peace, and happiness (not trying to be funny).  So I wouldn't doubt if this wasnt fake.  We haven't really heard about/from Guru in a LONG ASS TIME, except when he came out lookin' like a hater (r.i.p G) talking about SB and that was really tha last time G popped up in anything that caused people to talk/react.

Rappers are people too, most likely Guru was a bisexual who fell out with his BestFriend (not to say it was gonna last forever if he would've lived).  There's alotta Rap Groups who have problems (Why has OutKast been so separated since they released those double solo projects- u know BigBoi is a little jealous of 3-Stacks, what about Tha Outlawz- where's Storm and Syke at, what about The LBC Crew or fuckin' Hanson 4 that matter lol, Three 6 Mafia...).  

In MHO, Guru was telling the truth in that letter and had to get alotta shit off of his chest b4 he died.  Shit, u know Preme would've went on to be tha member of the band that the people really cared about anyways.  Like, outta the rock Group KISS, Gene Simmons is the only 1 they really talk about, the same can be said for Ozzy Ozborne and his old group and so on (kurt kobane anybody).  Guru wanted his own light and maybe was a little self conscience about the legacy Premo is leaving with his celebrity/icon status and all.  Face it, the last time the Hip Hop community really cared about what Guru had to say was back in the 90's/early 2000's, Preme on the other hand is still (to this day) getting his accolades and top rappers wanting to get his beats.  G ain't stupid, he wanted his own Pie.  And what better way to get people to care/talk than adding a little drama/spice/mystery to ur name, G is going out with a bang.  Without this letter, people would stop talking about his death in less than a month from now
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:57:53 AM by Sir Doobie Roach »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »
gangstarr was 60% beats 40% rhymes in my opinion

but Guru acts like Premo fucked his mother and daughter or something....and since Premo over the past 5 years has had nothin but love for Guru I assume something on Guru/Solar's end is fucked up

either way im bumpin some Guru today   like "major game" with domingo and "war tactics" with hussein fatal
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Young Old Head

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »
fuck solar! i only heard shady things about this person... one of my homies actually met him once n told me he acted like a fuckin diva or somethin.

Cash Money Blood Gang

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 11:17:47 AM »
thats what im sayin...but damn premo dont look like that type of duke...but hey looks can be

You talkin about the "partner" thing making them gay?

Anyways, if anyone does doubt it, I'm sure there will be a hard copy of some kind available. But if it is true, Premo must've done him somehting dirty.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.