Author Topic: Guru letter thread  (Read 3395 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Guru letter thread
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 05:55:51 AM »
if that interview is true, then fuck. I didn't know Guru had such a weak, passive personality. How can a man let another man dictate what he does and who he is friends with? That's why I'll believe the gay rumors, cause I don't know another situation that would cause a man to let another man dominate his life.

break dependency and addiction is hard, and you add religion to it, then it is possible for someone to have that control over you without the gay shit going on. usually people that have addictions and are depended become weaker over time, and it becomes easy for someone like Solar to control that, if they know someone like Guru can be weakened physically, like when they fought and Guru had an asthma attack.

Okka

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
Damn that sounds fucked up. Does Solar own the rights to Guru's unreleased material?

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »
Someone hacked Solar's computer (or twitter account dunno) and is digging thru his emails:

http://paperchaserdotcom.ning.com/profiles/blogs/solars-twitteremail-hacked
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

Elano

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 05:57:06 AM »
    “The letter didn’t exist, which I didn’t… I wasn’t worried about that anyway, “said Primo. “Even if he did write that letter, I know how he writes. I’ve been around this guy for 23 years. I know everything about him and I know his family real well and they’re down with me, they ride with me.”
    Primo went on to share intimate details of Guru’s funeral in which he and originating Gang Starr member Big Shug eulogized the fallen rap legend.

“We had a private funeral with his remains there and spoke at the funeral,” shared the prolific producer. “It was a lovely ceremony. I did everything from the heart off my head, which is how you’re supposed to do it.”

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »
Damn its still hard to believe dude is gone :(

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
2010 was such a bad year for hip hop

we lose Guru, Eyedea and Apache and gained nothing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
That Solar guy is evil. I;'m not really up on Gang Starr but I have been bumping them lately. Dope. 8)

I think Guru made a really bad choice of who to hang with and trust because he let his jealousy of Primo blind him and he gave Solar an opening to manipulate and control his life a la Suge and Pac.

It's clear that Solar was exploiting Guru, but also that Guru (I suppose because he was not healthy) was unable and unwilling to just get away from Solar. Dependency is dangerous. I wish he just left and let his family help care for him instead. It's very sad, because if I were to see that happen to my family I could not tolerate it and let it go in good conscience. If I were them I would've gotten courts involved and tried to get Power of Attorney or some sort of legal guardianship of him in light of his health, especially because you can obviously tell how Solar has exploited him and abused him.

But I'm sure if they had tried that the average hip-hop fans would attack them for it, so I don't know what it might've caused for Guru's career.