Author Topic: SURGE IS BACK...3 NEW MOUNTAIN DEW DRINKS  (Read 799 times)

universe

SURGE IS BACK...3 NEW MOUNTAIN DEW DRINKS
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »

THE BOTTLE ON THE FAR RIGHT.

DEWmocracy

DEWmocracy Featured actor Forest Whitaker and fashion designer Leslie Vinyard asking people to decide the next new flavor of Mountain Dew. Online voters would select from three choices: Supernova, a strawberry-melon flavor, Revolution, a berry flavor, and Voltage, a raspberry-citrus flavor. Each included ginseng. On August 17, Voltage was announced as the winning flavor. It was released on December 29, 2008.

Mountain Dew announced another DEWmocracy campaign for 2010. Before it started, "DEW Labs" trucks went around in July 2009 with seven flavors. Fifty boxes with the seven flavors were also sent out. Out of all seven flavors, taste testers were to choose the three for DEWmocracy. The three new candidate flavors are Mountain Dew Typhoon (pinkish red), which is a tropical strawberry-pineapple flavor, Mountain Dew White Out (white), which is a smooth citrus flavor, and Mountain Dew Distortion (green), which is a lime flavor. The three new candidate flavors were released on April 19, 2010 and will last through June. Starting on April 19th, the voting on the permanent flavor will take place until June 14th. The winning flavor will be released on Labor Day 2010.

I NEED THE TO FIND THE REST.

universe

Re: SURGE IS BACK...3 NEW MOUNTAIN DEW DRINKS
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »
Current

* Mountain Dew (1964 – Present) – PepsiCo’s original and signature flavor in the Mountain Dew family.
    * Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew (1976 – Present) – Non-caffeinated Mountain Dew. Available in various parts of the United States and Canada.
    * Diet Mountain Dew (1984 – Present) – No-calorie Mountain Dew. Diet was formerly known as “Sugar-Free Mountain Dew” until 1986. In 2006 Diet Mountain Dew was reformulated with a new “Tuned Up Taste,” it is now sweetened with a blend of sucralose, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium. The previous formulation only used aspartame. Diet Mountain Dew is currently Pepsico's fastest growing carbonated soft drink.[citation needed]
    * Caffeine-Free Diet Mountain Dew (1984 – Present) – No-calorie, non-caffeinated Mountain Dew. Available in limited locations in the United States. In Canada it is simply labeled as “Diet Mountain Dew.”
    * Diet Mountain Dew Fountain (1989 – Present) – A variation of Diet Mountain Dew that uses treated water instead of carbonated water in its formula. Available as a fountain beverage at QuikTrip convenience stores, Quiznos restaurants, and other limited locations.
    * Mountain Dew Code Red (2001 – Present) – Cherry Mountain Dew. Code Red is not the same as the original Mountain Dew Red.
    * Diet Mountain Dew Code Red (2002 – Present) – A No-calorie No-sugar cherry Mountain Dew. Available in limited areas only.
    * Mountain Dew LiveWire (2003 – Present) – An orange flavored Mountain Dew. LiveWire was initially introduced in 2003 as a limited edition flavor for the summer. In 2005, after seeing two years of limited summer releases, LiveWire became a permanent addition to the Mountain Dew family. However, availability is limited in some regions, and in some areas is unavailable.
    * Mountain Dew Baja Blast (2004 – Present) – A tropical lime-pineapple flavored Mountain Dew. Available exclusively as a fountain drink at Taco Bell restaurants, although the Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Blue (see below) limited edition flavor is very similar to Baja Blast and was sold in stores. Baja Blast has also been reported as being available at Panda Express restaurants. >:(
    * Mountain Dew MDX (2005 – present) – A Mountain Dew flavored energy soda. It was named “Mountain Dew X” during its national test marketing phase. Despite it being technically discontinued, it's still available in some markets.
    * Dew Iced (2007–Present) – A Mountain Dew flavored smoothie available exclusively at Cold Stone Creamery stores.
    * Mountain Dew Voltage (2008 – Present) – A blue colored raspberry-citrus and ginseng flavored Dew. This flavor is one of the three “candidate flavor” finalists for DEWmocracy's “People’s Dew” national vote. It was released in stores on May 19 as a limited edition flavor so that people could taste test which flavor they like best before voting. It has been announced on August 17 that Voltage is the final winner; therefore, it became a permanent addition. It was released on December 29, 2008.
    * Mountain Dew Blue Shock Freeze (2008-Present) - A blueberry slurpee flavor, originally Blue Shock sold at 7/11, re-released under a slightly different name at Marcus Theatres.
    * Mountain Dew Thin Ice Freeze (2009–Present) - A blueberry flavored slurpee only available at 7/11 stores. Not the same as Blue Shock.
   * Mountain Dew Cherry Fusion (2009-Present) - A Cherry flavored fountain drink only available at Wienerschnitzel restaraunts. It has a stronger Cherry flavor then Code Red. I REFUSE TO TRY. I MIGHT GET HOOKED.
    * Mountain Dew Distortion (2010) – A smooth lime flavored Mountain Dew. Part of the Mountain Dew "DEWmocracy" promotion.
    * Mountain Dew White Out (2010) – A smooth citrus flavored Mountain Dew. Part of the Mountain Dew "DEWmocracy" promotion.
    * Mountain Dew Typhoon (2010) – A tropical strawberry-pineapple flavored Mountain Dew. Part of the Mountain Dew "DEWmocracy" promotion.
    * Mountain Dew Energy (2010) - UK exclusive. It will mostly taste the same as it's American counterpart, but it will have a higher caffeine content.
   * Mountain Dew Throwback (2009/2010) – Mountain Dew made with natural sugar (instead of HFCS) Packaging originally used a retro 70s/80s logo for the label and when it relaunched it used a white, red and green color scheme featuring the iconic cartoon Willy the Hillbilly. The 2009 version's formula had real sugar and no orange juice, whereas the 2010 version's formula has orange juice in it. This is still available in select locations.  :puke:

Discontinued

* Mountain Dew Red (1988) – Fruit Mountain Dew. Red was the first Mountain Dew flavor variation.
    * Diet Mountain Dew Red (1988) – No-calorie fruit Mountain Dew.
    * Mountain Dew Sport (1990–1991) – Only test marketed in several states, as a Mountain Dew flavored sports drink.
    * Diet Mountain Dew Sport (1990–1991) – Only test marketed in several states, as a no-calorie Mountain Dew flavored sports drink.
    * Mountain Dew Blue Shock (2001) – Berry-citrus flavored Mountain Dew. Blue Shock failed to sell in the test market, Chicago, and was later released nationwide only in Slurpee form exclusively at 7-Eleven stores. Brought back briefly for a limited time in March 2007 and in July 2008.[20]
    * Dew Fuel (2002–2007) – A caffeinated version of Mountain Dew offered in Canada. Marketed as a natural health product and not as a soft drink due to Health Canada regulations that only allow caffeine in 'dark-colored' varieties of soft drinks such as cola and root beer. Originally called “Mountain Dew Energy” until given its present name in 2006. In early 2007, Pepsi-QTG Canada cited that Dew Fuel is out of production.[citation needed]
    * Dew Fuel Sugar-Free (2002–2007) – No-calorie Dew Fuel. The caffeinated version of Diet Mountain Dew offered in Canada. Was originally called “Mountain Dew Energy Sugar-Free” until 2006.

The first DEWmocracy trio

* Mountain Dew Pitch Black (2004) - Grape flavored Mountain Dew released for the 2004 Halloween season.
    * Darth Dew (2005) – Tangy grape Mountain Dew Slurpee flavor that could be considered as “Pitch Black 1.5”. Was available exclusively at 7-Eleven stores as part of a promotion for the theatrical release of Star Wars Episode III.
    * Mountain Dew Pitch Black II (2005) – Sour grape Mountain Dew. Limited edition flavor for Halloween. “Sequel” to the original Pitch Black.
    * Mountain Dew Pitch Black Freeze (2006) – A rerelease of Pitch Black in slurpee form for the Halloween season. This was the last form of Pitch Black released.
    * Mountain Dew Arctic Burst (2006) – A Mountain Dew Slurpee flavor available exclusively at 7-Eleven stores as part of a promotion for the theatrical release of Superman Returns. The Slurpee is blue in color and said to taste like blueberry. While the official name is “Arctic Burst”, as seen on the actual Slurpee machine,[23] it has also been seen mislabeled under the name “Arctic Blast” in some official online advertisements.
    * Kryptonite Ice (2006) – A Mountain Dew Slurpee flavor available exclusively at 7-Eleven stores as part of a promotion for the theatrical release of Superman Returns. The Slurpee is green in color and the flavor seems to be tropical, like mango.
    * Sugar-Free Mountain Dew MDX (2005–2006) – No-calorie Mountain Dew flavored energy soda.
    * Mountain Dew Clash (2007) – A blueberry flavored Mountain Dew that was test marketed in select places in February 2007. Some sources indicate that the flavor may return.
    * Mountain Dew Game Fuel (2007) – A limited edition citrus cherry Mountain Dew flavor released in August 2007 to promote the release of Halo 3, an Xbox 360 game. The taste of Game Fuel has been compared to the energy drink Amp Overdrive, a drink sold under the Mountain Dew brand name. However, this drink has recently been made available again, now sold under the name "Mountain Dew Game Fuel Horde Red", marketing the game World of Warcraft instead of Halo.
    * Mountain Dew Revolution (2008) – A sky blue-colored, wild berry fruit and ginseng flavored Dew. One of the three “candidate flavor” finalists for DEWmocracy's “People’s Dew” national vote, it lost to Mountain Dew Voltage.
    * Mountain Dew Supernova (2008) – A purple colored strawberry, melon and ginseng flavored Dew. One of the three “candidate flavor” finalists for DEWmocracy's “People’s Dew” national vote, it lost to Mountain Dew Voltage.[25]

Game Fuel – WoW

* Mountain Dew Game Fuel Horde Red (2009) – limited edition of the original cherry-citrus flavor to be released as a promotion with World of Warcraft.
    * Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Blue (2009) – limited edition Wild Berry flavored released as a promotion with World of Warcraft. Although the Alliance Blue flavor has been reported to be very similar to the Taco Bell exclusive flavor Baja Blast, the packaging clearly states that it is a wild fruit-infused flavor of Mountain Dew, which makes it almost identical in taste to the discontinued flavor Mountain Dew Revolution, and also similar to current flavor Ultraviolet.
    * Diet Mountain Dew Ultraviolet (2009) – a purple-colored, mixed berry-flavored version of Diet Mountain Dew available for three months in 2009; branded as zero calorie Dew. It was released on August 3 at a first taste party in Brooklyn, New York It has a taste similar to Mountain Dew Revolution, but is a new formula.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:22:17 AM by KILLA KAIN »

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »
They seriously need to start bottling that Baja Blast. I'm tired of getting retarded looks for ordering only a drink at Taco Bell.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urge_%28soft_drink%29

Urge is a citrus soft drink produced by Coca Cola Norway. It is the Norwegian equivalent of Surge. It was originally introduced in parts of Europe in 1996 as a test product. Surge was launched in the United States in 1997. Surge and Urge are no longer sold anywhere else, but after a steady decline over the last few years, Urge sales have recently picked greatly up in Norway. It currently holds close to a 10% market share[1], in spite of receiving no marketing since its initial launch. Originally Urge was available in Norway in 0.5L and 1.5L bottles, and later also in 0.33L cans, but in Q1 of 1999 the 1.5L bottles were taken off the market, due to unsatisfactory sales.[2]  The cans also silently vanished from the market a few years later, leaving only the 0.5L bottles.

Urge 1.5L bottles was relaunched to the Norwegian market on September 1 2008. The relaunch is credited to a massive campaign by the consumers on the internet community Facebook.[2]

An energy drink version, Urge Intense, was launched in Q1 2009.

Sales in United States, Denmark and Sweden ceased in 2001.

This is also great:

Bananas

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »
I need that white out baby.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
They seriously need to start bottling that Baja Blast. I'm tired of getting retarded looks for ordering only a drink at Taco Bell.

God damn aint this the truth.  Just bottle that shit already, enough already with all of these other bs drinks.\

Baja Blast>>>Insert Here

DIP DIP SET SET

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
One day they will bottle Baja Blast, and on that day I will start my slow death by diabetes, and one that day I will start that slow march a very happy man.

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:59 PM »
I just tried that Typhoon today... shit was bomb  8)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 05:27:57 AM »
KAIN you gets a +1 for that great amount of research :)  I never knew there was a mountain dew red.  And i've seen some old stuff that others here never saw.  I remember the spice 7up in 1988 not mountain dew red..  Ima try those flavors but it has to be at a place where they're real cheap.  I saw those drinks at food 4 less but at 1.48  >:(  I'll have 2 try a ampm if they still have the 2 for 2.22 deal.  And when I do, these people need to vote correctly this time.  Cause the last 3 dew drinks, they voted wrong.  The fuschia one was the best, and it was just alright.  I think it was the strawberry like one.  Too bad there was no none of the above vote actually.  That woulda been the best choice.  Livewire is mainly around in the summer, don't miss it actually.  For some strange reason I want the pitch black back ???  Any grape soda not crush or welch's is just alright.  And they need 2 fire whoever changed the outlook & logo of the mountain dew.  Last decade's logo ruled, thankfully its still on the code red dew.

I know this is off topic but where on planet earth does mellow yellow get sold & bought?  I 1st heard about it on the commercial for days of thunder 20 years ago & see it as a choice for the coke rewards site but still never seen it in socal.  Galco's in highland park don't even have that. 

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 06:55:48 AM »
Damn I don't think we even have MD in bottles out here lol let alone new flavors.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »
Just say no to high fructose corn syrup

universe

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
Just say no to high fructose corn syrup
I KNOW BUT I TRIED THE SUGAR VERSION AND IT'S HORRID.

westsiderider323

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
they got the baja blast at panda express?? i aint never seen it

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
that baja one was wack
code red was cool...but isnt this stuff really bad for ya? lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE