Author Topic: "Made you Look" is dope but the lyrics are crap  (Read 983 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
"Made you Look" is dope but the lyrics are crap
« on: December 06, 2002, 03:37:57 PM »
Nas needs to smarten up

One Mic got the source quotable? lol

I can write better shit than what Nas spit on Made you look and One Mic
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:"Made you Look" is dope but the lyrics are crap
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 03:41:33 PM »
Nas needs to smarten up

That "One Mic" verse was nice.  I didn't even realize how good it was till I read it.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 03:59:02 PM »
Fat Joe gets meanest mug of the year for his appearance in "Made You Look".

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 04:03:49 PM »
Wha ya mean "One Mic" had bad lyrics.  Song is real...here is a tight line..."Only if I had one gun/One girl and one crib/One God to show me how to do things his song did - pure/Like a cup of virgin blood/Mixed wit 151 one sip would make a nigga flip/Writin names on my hollow tip/Plottin shit."

You trippin..."Like Pun Said/You Ain't Even In Mi Clasa." - "Made You Look" is tight.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 04:23:05 PM »
Wha ya mean "One Mic" had bad lyrics.  Song is real...here is a tight line..."Only if I had one gun/One girl and one crib/One God to show me how to do things his song did - pure/Like a cup of virgin blood/Mixed wit 151 one sip would make a nigga flip/Writin names on my hollow tip/Plottin shit."

You trippin..."Like Pun Said/You Ain't Even In Mi Clasa." - "Made You Look" is tight.

wack by nas standards, like i said if i sat down and blazed a fatty i could spit much better philosophical shit than nas....hope gods son is blazing lyrically
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 04:36:06 PM »

wack by nas standards, like i said if i sat down and blazed a fatty i could spit much better philosophical shit than nas....hope gods son is blazing lyrically

This is the first single...so remember.  I think this is a good album.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 09:48:15 PM »
Nas needs to smarten up

shut up, lol...one mic was a hot song~and the lyrics were nice

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2002, 12:00:38 AM »

I find it real weird that for once someone refelected my exact view on "one mic", I've been saying it since stillmatic droped, I mean, one mic actually WAS packed to be a tight song, problem was that shit was once again BLURED and heavily UNFOCUSED lyricly, altho if proper construction of lyricz and vivid mental pictrues (no metter how abstract they may be) is not what u look after in songs than U prolly think it's a classic, since the package is undenieably good. I wouldn't even go as far as sayin' that NAS was spitten philosofical shit on the track, it's not what he was doing, it's more like what he was trying to do. Also what's true is that it actually may not  even be a tip of  NAS's potensial, as for his standarts, hmmm well, at that point my NAS standarts weren't that high, after 3 crap-rap albumz....one mic worked for me only due to the simple reason, it had many single great moments although structurewise it lacked heavily(so I virtually couldn't take it as a good track overall as a whole, "GESHTALT" wasn't working once again for NAS), but since I was starting to get used to to this typa NAS I ate that shit up hoping the next track will live up to it's package...and it did. ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2002, 12:02:39 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2002, 02:29:34 AM »
"One Mic" was good song, but I agree with King Tech Quadafi. Nas' lyrics wasn't really spectacular and didn't merit a Source quotable of the year.

It wasn't no real suprise though. The Source have done  major screw-ups before.

Remember Jay-Z's 2nd and 3rd verse on "Izzo H.O.V.A." got the Source quotable of the year in 2001. That was pretty undeserved, lol.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2002, 05:31:34 AM »
I don't think "Made You Look" is meant to be lyrically superior, I think the fact that it's got that 80's vibe the lyrics are perfect for that sound. As for "One Mic", I don't care what anyone says, that song is awesome, you just have to be able to understand what he's trying to say (about war, opression, how he lives for hip-hop etc) to appreciate the lyrics.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Murrow

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2002, 07:53:58 AM »
I don't think "Made You Look" is meant to be lyrically superior, I think the fact that it's got that 80's vibe the lyrics are perfect for that sound. As for "One Mic", I don't care what anyone says, that song is awesome, you just have to be able to understand what he's trying to say (about war, opression, how he lives for hip-hop etc) to appreciate the lyrics.

I agree...songs all about taking it back to the beginning.  And thats how it was then.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2002, 10:32:38 PM »
i understand ...but in that regard Nas is a fake...i seriously am losing a lot  of respect for him...hes a fake prophet

- Lewis Carroll

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2002, 01:25:47 AM »
The last person that truly deserved Quotable Of The Year was Big Punisher for his first verse on "Dream Shatterer".

S.G.V.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2002, 01:30:50 AM »
so uh...how many fiends do u know that drink heineken?...lol...lame ass song

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2002, 08:24:05 AM »
The last person that truly deserved Quotable Of The Year was Big Punisher for his first verse on "Dream Shatterer".

Prodigy on "Quiet Storm" the next year.