Author Topic: T.I.'s producer/DJ Toomp comes sideways at DJ Quik and Shock G......  (Read 2015 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: T.I.'s producer/DJ Toomp comes sideways at DJ Quik and Shock G......
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »
Quik is not a regional producer, he's a classic hip hop producer. Toomp is simply regional, that south stuff.

DJ Quik is regional, wtf are u talkin about.  Quik has rarely made an appearance on anybody's track outside of California.  I think he's only worked with Jay Z and maybe 1 or 2 other people lol.  Toomp has went all throughtout the south tho (mainly ATL of course).  I think he started/made a name for himself in Florida or some shit like that with Drum & Bass music, i forgot.  But Toomp is definitely a regional producer tho.  I don't wanna get in2 opinions but "Certified" was wack and sounded like a half done studio scrap beat for TI.  

I think it's really a unanimous decision when it comes to skill and preference, he's got some ambition tho lol:

Dr. Dre >>>>>>> Toomp

DJ Quik >>>>>>> Toomp

Shock G = Toomp   
"Humpty Hump", "Sex Packets", "Same Song", "Do Watcha' Like", "I Get Around", "Oregano Flow", and a couple more.  Shock G got beats.

And that has nothing to do with my personal taste, it's simply a matter of showmanship.

I can agree with Quik being regional but oddly he is internationally known. Reason I can say he was not regional is because Quik sound is musical, musically universal when you think about it. Toomp sounds is mainly South and only when an outside artist want to do a south track it seems like it worked. lol. but he didn't some out the box stuff for him.
Yet Quik >>> Toomp any day. Way more talent. Honestly, I see Toomp above average ok but not an incredible talent.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
LOL, some people throw the term "classic" around easily...

In ten years time no one is gonna be talking about a Toomp beat as a classic, while Shock G and Quik have albums that are considered stone cold Hip-Hop classics which they front to back produced, and named in books and shit as two of the best to ever do it.

The word classic is like confetti during new years day at 12:00 when it comes to hip hop. Heck, it ain't even been enough time to consider anything Toomp done timeless/classic.

acgrundy

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Never heard of him.  However when it comes to rap music 95% of what I listen to is 90's west coast rap.  Aside from scarface, 8ball &mjg, UGK, outkast, geto boys, devin, bone, do or die, twista, nas, biggie, wu tang, onyx, and maybe a dozen others, I don't listen to a whole lot outside the west coast.  And for the most part, anyone who dropped their debut album after 2000, I really don't ever listen to them.  I have never heard a TI song other than one that he has done w/ daz, and the Dr Dre topless song.  I have probably heard him in the club but I would have no idea who it is.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »
i wanna know if someone came on here and said they never liked a quik beat and don't think he's a great producer what would west coast fans say? yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »
battlecat>>>>Toomp
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Matty

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
i wanna know if someone came on here and said they never liked a quik beat and don't think he's a great producer what would west coast fans say? yell

also makes me wonder why would someone who is not a big fan of west coast music would be posting on a specifically west coast forum in the first place.

acgrundy

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »

also makes me wonder why would someone who is not a big fan of west coast music would be posting on a specifically west coast forum in the first place.

exactly.  This is a west coast rap forum...the only reason I come here.  I don't visit hip hop forums.  I know all about west coast rap, and that is what I like.  I really have no desire for most the other stuff.

Matty

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
what producers are worldwide, minus the given GOAT Dr. Dre?

i mean, your very average rap fan probably never knows who produces the beat to their favorite songs; they just like it.

i wouldn't be surprised if a small chunk believed that the artist who makes the song, makes the beat as well.

debating "whose better" in producing is more impossible than debating "whose better" in rapping.

for example, there could be a huge Southern rap fan here & say "so & so" makes the best beats ever, but i am not really down with your "true, down south" beat, so naturally i would disagree with him.

at least with rappers, we can attempt to compare words, whereas beats are just sounds that 110% vary from person to person.

what producers are worldwide? well definitely The Neptunes and Timbaland for starters. and is comparing producers more subjective than rappers? not sure, but talking about such things is one of the main reasons for being on a message board, no?

yeah, i'd say Timbaland is worldwide; but i don't know about The Neptunes.

you're talking to guys on a message board who ask everytime a song drops who the producer is; the average guy listening to the radio rarely would ever ponder as to who produced the beat.

The Neptunes are most definitely worldwide. Justified sold more than 7 million copies. But everyone knows who Pharrell is from the countless video appearances and international hit singles produced by/featuring him.

westsiderider323

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
Never heard of him.  However when it comes to rap music 95% of what I listen to is 90's west coast rap.  Aside from scarface, 8ball &mjg, UGK, outkast, geto boys, devin, bone, do or die, twista, nas, biggie, wu tang, onyx, and maybe a dozen others, I don't listen to a whole lot outside the west coast.  And for the most part, anyone who dropped their debut album after 2000, I really don't ever listen to them.  I have never heard a TI song other than one that he has done w/ daz, and the Dr Dre topless song.  I have probably heard him in the club but I would have no idea who it is.

thats sad

acgrundy

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »

thats sad

Why is that sad?  You are just simply ignorant.  I listen to all kinds of genres of music, not just rap.  Why would I listen to music that I don't like?  Just because YOU like it, doesn't mean everyone likes it.

Do you listen to the Eagles, Doors, Sublime, Bob Marley, Prince, Funkadelic, Social Distortion, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Beatles, Michael jackson, George Clinton, Tina marie, The Time, Metallica, Offspring.  If you don't listen to every one of those bands then I declare you a sad pathetic human being.

westsiderider323

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »

thats sad

Why is that sad?  You are just simply ignorant.  I listen to all kinds of genres of music, not just rap.  Why would I listen to music that I don't like?  Just because YOU like it, doesn't mean everyone likes it.

Do you listen to the Eagles, Doors, Sublime, Bob Marley, Prince, Funkadelic, Social Distortion, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Beatles, Michael jackson, George Clinton, Tina marie, The Time, Metallica, Offspring.  If you don't listen to every one of those bands then I declare you a sad pathetic human being.

no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes

acgrundy

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »

thats sad

Flat out sad.  Matter of fact, if you don't listen to EVERY single person in the entire world who makes music, you are flat out pathetic.  Open your ears more man, I mean why not spend every minute of your time listening to music - especially music that you don't like.  That way you can go around boasting about how you listen to EVERYTHING, just because you care so much about what people think of you.  After all, if you are not listening to the latest radio hits then you must be stuck in the past right?

westsiderider323

« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »

thats sad

Flat out sad.  Matter of fact, if you don't listen to EVERY single person in the entire world who makes music, you are flat out pathetic.  Open your ears more man, I mean why not spend every minute of your time listening to music - especially music that you don't like.  That way you can go around boasting about how you listen to EVERYTHING, just because you care so much about what people think of you.  After all, if you are not listening to the latest radio hits then you must be stuck in the past right?

i see you that 95% of rap music you listen to is west coast bitch i am from LA you dont see me cryin bout tupac leaks or nuttin all over myself bout death row i listen to everyone from B.o.B. to andre nickatina to system of a down to k-ci and jojo so fuck you you whiny ass bitch

acgrundy

« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

thats sad

i see you that 95% of rap music you listen to is west coast bitch i am from LA you dont see me cryin bout tupac leaks or nuttin all over myself bout death row i listen to everyone from B.o.B. to andre nickatina to system of a down to k-ci and jojo so fuck you you whiny ass bitch

I don't give a fuck who you listen to you dumb idiot.  My point is, why would I listen to bullshit music that I don't like?  Do you eat food that you don't like?  Do you watch movies that you don't like?  Do you wear clothes that you don't like?  Do you watch sports that you don't like?  Do you suck cock that you don't like?

I'm guessing you would answer yes to all of those questions, but I would answer no to all of them.

I never understood the whole argument about how if you don't listen to so and so then you are close minded, or you are stuck in the past, or you are sad.  But then again, the reason that I probably don't understand that argument is because I am a very logical guy.  I listen to music that I like, plain and simple.  I'd much rather be labeled by wcc retards as stuck in the past rather then listen to crappy music that i can't stand.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »

exactly.  This is a west coast rap forum...the only reason I come here.  I don't visit hip hop forums.  I know all about west coast rap, and that is what I like.  I really have no desire for most the other stuff.

well if you don't listen to toomp you can't speak about his music,why even comment on him saying his work is better then quiks? ain't no need to keep dialogue going yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp