Author Topic: Official Ice Cube "I Rep That West" Thread (Audio)  (Read 6188 times)

Mietek23

Re: Official Ice Cube "I Rep That West" Thread (Audio)
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »
song is wack, how many times does he need to say "west"
yeah it's pretty wierd when the songs called i rep that WEST!

:laugh:

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »
see i guess thats where we differ....you think beamer benz....is cool which i think is wack but this is much better....MUCH BETTER

wow...at the people over rating the fuck out of this song.Its pretty decent,but its nothing special.If some other rapper made the exact same song nobody would be praising but because its cube its somehow amazing.The beat is pretty good,but the guy singing the chorus is kinda annoying and their is nothing good about cubes verses,the lyrics are average and his flow and delivery is a shadow of his old self.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »
Just added the video of producer Jigg making I Rep That West in 1st post.

westside159

« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »
cant wait to hear this new cube shit "   lol  Cube going hard on these squares again

Elano

« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2010, 04:41:03 PM »
wow...at the people over rating the fuck out of this song.Its pretty decent,but its nothing special.If some other rapper made the exact same song nobody would be praising but because its cube its somehow amazing.The beat is pretty good,but the guy singing the chorus is kinda annoying and their is nothing good about cubes verses,the lyrics are average and his flow and delivery is a shadow of his old self.

I don't understand how you can not like Cube's new shit but like the new west when most of them are emulating Cube's style? If his lyrics are average, who besides Crooked I is spitting better? How can you listen to a G Malone song or a Jay Rock song and think "this guy can spit", and then listen to Cube and say "this is whack, dude needs to retire"? Shit doesn't make sense when Cube has the same flow and mic presence he had with WSC. As a matter of fact he's better than he was on their last album.

Jaydc

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Where did I say it was wack?I didnt.I said the song was average and its being praised as some great westcoast saving song lol.Its an decent track but its nothing special and doesnt hold a candle to cubes previous work.But you attach the name cube to a not wack song and it gets praised as something better then it is on name alone.

40gloccfan

« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »

THANKS FOR ALL THA SUPPORT!

JOIN WWW.40GLOCC.COM

FOR GIVEAWAYS/HIP HOP NEWS/EXCLUSIVES/MORE

GRAB  "CONCRETE JUNGLE" THE STREET ALBUM

IN STORES NATIONWIDE OR WWW.ITUNES.COM/40GLOCC

GET PREPARED FOR 40 GLOCC'S SOLO ALBUM:

N.W.A  NEW WORLD AGENDA INDEPENDANCE DAY

DROPPING SUMMER 2010!

FEATURING THE NEW SINGLE "DAMN" WITH RAY J

WATCH ALL MY VIDEOS AT:

http://HTTP://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/BIGGBAD40

ZOOLIFE FOLLOW THE MOVEMENT @40GLOCC

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2010, 12:42:33 AM »
Where did I say it was wack?I didnt.I said the song was average and its being praised as some great westcoast saving song lol.Its an decent track but its nothing special and doesnt hold a candle to cubes previous work.But you attach the name cube to a not wack song and it gets praised as something better then it is on name alone.

who said it would save the west? Nothing's wrong with saying its dope when it is. As far as it not holding a candle to Cube's previous work, its not any worse lyrically than Down For Whatever.

If another rapper made this song it would be dope as well, probably more so because we expect less. Unless you are only talking about the amount of attention the song would receive, but that's because of popularity and would be true for any artist. The rapper with the bigger name is going to have more people listening to the song and commenting on it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:54:59 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Elano

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »

go back listen to the Pig Face Weapon Waist ep  :loser:

Jaydc

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2010, 01:33:31 AM »

who said it would save the west? Nothing's wrong with saying its dope when it is. As far as it not holding a candle to Cube's previous work, its not any worse lyrically than Down For Whatever.

If another rapper made this song it would be dope as well, probably more so because we expect less. Unless you are only talking about the amount of attention the song would receive, but that's because of popularity and would be true for any artist. The rapper with the bigger name is going to have more people listening to the song and commenting on it.

This really isnt dope though,its mediocre.Whats good about it?It sounds like it came out in 1997 and not in a good way.if another rapper made this song it would be passed along like the mediocre song it is.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2010, 01:50:39 AM »

This really isnt dope though,its mediocre.Whats good about it?It sounds like it came out in 1997 and not in a good way.if another rapper made this song it would be passed along like the mediocre song it is.

lol, it's not mediocre, its dope. The beat is straight up west coast, the exact kind of beat all of you have been complaining about wanting to hear. Who the fuck wants to hear some garbage ass hipster beats? Be honest, if game had released a single with this beat you would be on his dick.

Jaydc

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2010, 02:33:18 AM »
Fuck no I wouldnt.This beat is generic,the hook is cheesey and the verses are predictable.Theirs nothing dope about this song.

Elano

« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2010, 03:19:52 AM »