Author Topic: Eminem's 1st Single ''Not Afraid" To Premiere This Friday ?  (Read 1623 times)

So Much Style

Re: Eminem's 1st Single ''Not Afraid" To Premiere This Friday ?
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
aite he deserves top 20, why?

^ ummm
brain damage
guilty conscience
stan
kill you
rain man
hello

etc.
etc
etc
So much style back at it again

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
cool, new eminem is good to have

Lucifuge

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:06 PM »
well for sure he isnt for many reasons
to start it off
scarface
krs one
gza
rza

thats jus to start it off.....they are millions of miles ahead of eminem....not givin eminem enough credit?
what and how much credit should he get.....hes been given way too much.....way too much
where is em in your rankin?

Eminem kill them on the same track...thats was up  8) 8) 8) 8)..sorry you are faill like day over night ;D ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jimmy H.

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »
or better yet why does this rapper get more praise than koll g rap, big daddy kane, krs one....people make it seem hes a god compared to them....
Again with you and this God shit. God is either an all-knowing immortal high power or an imaginary character created to brainwash the masses depending on who you ask. It has nothing to do with human beings who happen to rap especially since you are literally the only friggin' person who ever makes the comparison. It's annoying since you're basically trying to discredit another person's argument using hyperbole that you yourself are creating. We had this discussion before with Jay-Z.

Why does this rapper get more credit than Kool G Rap or Big Daddy Kane or KRS One? Because to today's audience, he is seen as more relevant. It's an issue you yourself are stuck on. You seem to have trouble grasping the idea that someone who is credited and acclaimed can actually be good. The thing is Eminem is a genius. I can go back to listen to Marshall Mathers LP and hear what he does on a Dr. Dre beat and I can't imagine anyone coming up with what he did on "Kill You". Musically, it was never one of my favorite songs on that album but going back and examining it, the dude was on something else. Say what you will but that's not a "built-in" song. Dre didn't hand him a finished song with all the pieces and have him write verses around it. This wasn't "California Love" or "Hate It Or Love It". Even putting him up against KRS or Daddy Kane makes me wonder where you're going. Think you could get any more "apples and oranges" than that? I'd argue that of the rappers to emerge on the mainstream from 1998-2005 (post Pac-Biggie), he's got to be at the very least in the top 3 in terms of versality.  

And you think The Rza is a better rapper than Eminem? 

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »
lol at the Eminem hate when "we made you"(as poppy as it is) is more lyrical than most rappers best ever verse.

lyrical?  

Damn, I think Kim Kardashian's a man
She stomped him, just cause he asked to put his hands
on her massive, gluteus maximus again
Squeeze it and squish it and pass it to a friend
Can he come back as nasty as he can?
Yes he can-can, don't ask me this again
He does not mean to lesbian offend
But Lindsay, please come back to seeing men
Samantha's a 2, you're practically a 10
I know you want me girl, in fact, I see you grin
Now come in, girl

check ya self euro crakka
That part isnt the best example. And Australia isnt part of Euroupe you uneducated yank.

I'm a fan but people acting like he doesn't put out trash need to be checked
I never said he dosent put out trash.

aite fair enough but break those down

impact
technical skill
influence
skin color  (sorry but what other white person has done it like him?)

or better yet why does this rapper get more praise than koll g rap, big daddy kane, krs one....people make it seem hes a god compared to them....when in fact only way hes a god is by sales really otherwise lyrically is he better than them? skill wise is he better than them? is him bein white helpin him? lol
Dude above sumed it up pretty much all ready but yeah, most hip hop heads wouldnt put Eminem ahead of the names that you mentioned, you need to understand that alot of people all around the world that dont particulary like hip hop love Eminem so your going to get biased opinions(either way/ either side).
 Some refuse to admit Em's talent for more reasons than one. Lots of Eminem fans probably know nothing about Kool g rap or Krs-1 also, especially younger people.
 Then theres also the fact that alot of rappers only appeal to a very limited audience with theyre topic matter, Eminem touches pretty much everything, something for everyone, Kind of like snoop trys too, just much harder and lyrical..
 Ems just so clever with his word play i cant think of anyone as good except Crook and chino xl, raskass, in the way of word play/cleverness/etc um canibus also.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:54:45 PM by KrazySumwhat »

The Watcher

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 02:38:25 AM »
i would like a feature to ignore a persons topic if they become irritating

right now i would add; Ancient Chinese Secret

that is all.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 05:07:08 AM »
i can't agree with that at all; but to each his own.

his first two LPs are what makes him Top Five Dead or Alive to me.

for me it goes MMLP = SSLP > The Eminem Show >>> Encore = Relapse.

i'd like to be REALLY optimistic & hope Recovery is in between TES & Encore.

Infinite is fucking awesome too. 8)

^^^This pretty much without the what makes him top 5 dead or alive.

The way i see it!..

MMLP = greatest work by eminem easily imo, the best mix between dre and eminem they managed and it reached hiphop audience more than any other eminem album imo AND still got out the mainstream and was a quality album...his only argueable classic IMO

then SSLP and Eminem show on a par i would say...- SSLP is a white boys favourite and its what made him who he is but i cant really vibe to that album past a few joints and i cant think of the last time i even checked it...like its been years and i wouldnt go outta my way to check on it either. Eminem Show depends on how you look at it. Again not for me, album was also a turning point in his career. This was the start of him caring about what his media critics were saying about him and making awards etc an important aspect of his music. Also a darkish rocky vibe to much of the album i dont like and probably distanced himself from alot of niggaz who used to check on eminem with mmlp when eminem show came out. Funny enough its got one of my favourite eminem joints on it though in soldier...and i think eminem showed some maturity on this album and the sounds abit more timeless than say a SSLP but both aint classics for me but i know alot of white kids who would disagree and if y'all like it, dope for y'all...its like a nigga lovin DA...some of y'all just wont get it.

Relapse and encore - both BAD albums...relapse being the better of the two imo...only for the sound being abit more fresh and eminems flow being on point at times without the subject matter etc being decent. Encore didnt go over my head, i dont care if dude wants to talk about algebra on a record or how the world evolves or someshit, if dude aint dropping dope music, its wack...and encore was wack. If action likes it, fair enough on the guy and he admits he is in the minority which he definately is but if someone is saying encore is better than sslp and mmlp, there aint no reasoning with that. You just let dude enjoy his encore shit while i trash it...which to my ears it definately is!

lol@eminem not having released a terrible album...dudes been slippin for too long.

On a side note, eminem would def make my top 20 and loose yourself would be one of his finest moments i agree with.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 05:24:07 AM »
There's a difference between slipping and actually releasing a bad album.  I'd argue that he hasn't released a bad album but arguably an album inconsistent in form for him due to content or production values but not both for any on e release.  Relapse lacks the content but makes up for it in production and technical flow/rhyme play.   Encore falters on the production side but makes up for it in content.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 07:22:52 AM »
minus a few songs off Relapse, a majority of his lyrical content was as bad as that.

i expect better than that out of him, maybe not on the single, but on the album.

Not Afraid doesn't sound like something he's going to be silly on, but at the same time, i can't see it being dark if it's a single & stuff.
i still think it's fucked up that he used an accent on 3 am.

he should remake that song without the accent for the fans. ;D
i would love that :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »
Evil Deeds
Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Like Toy Soldiers
Mosh
Rain Man
Big Weenie
Spend Some Time
Mockingbird
Encore

& add We As Americans.

i also personally liked Puke & My First Single; but i can see how those might not get the same recognition lol.

you can't hate on the songs i listed; you guys keep focusing on Just Lose It, Ass Like That & it's silly spots & label the whole thing as bad.

is it better than MMLP? fuck no. SSLP? absolutely not. TES? nigga please. but those are two and a half classic albums right there; not exactly easy to top.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2010, 10:19:20 AM »
jimmy.....rza is better than em in some aspects...
yeah we did the same thing on jay-z cuz jay is overrated and many agree...even on here
im not the only one....as long as one other person agrees....and i know there is at least 1 person, im not the only 1 and even if i was..oh well...lol
kill you a good song....but im jus talkin str8 up lyrical slaughter....who can do justice to a song the best...

or better yet why does this rapper get more praise than koll g rap, big daddy kane, krs one....people make it seem hes a god compared to them....
Again with you and this God shit. God is either an all-knowing immortal high power or an imaginary character created to brainwash the masses depending on who you ask. It has nothing to do with human beings who happen to rap especially since you are literally the only friggin' person who ever makes the comparison. It's annoying since you're basically trying to discredit another person's argument using hyperbole that you yourself are creating. We had this discussion before with Jay-Z.

Why does this rapper get more credit than Kool G Rap or Big Daddy Kane or KRS One? Because to today's audience, he is seen as more relevant. It's an issue you yourself are stuck on. You seem to have trouble grasping the idea that someone who is credited and acclaimed can actually be good. The thing is Eminem is a genius. I can go back to listen to Marshall Mathers LP and hear what he does on a Dr. Dre beat and I can't imagine anyone coming up with what he did on "Kill You". Musically, it was never one of my favorite songs on that album but going back and examining it, the dude was on something else. Say what you will but that's not a "built-in" song. Dre didn't hand him a finished song with all the pieces and have him write verses around it. This wasn't "California Love" or "Hate It Or Love It". Even putting him up against KRS or Daddy Kane makes me wonder where you're going. Think you could get any more "apples and oranges" than that? I'd argue that of the rappers to emerge on the mainstream from 1998-2005 (post Pac-Biggie), he's got to be at the very least in the top 3 in terms of versality.  

And you think The Rza is a better rapper than Eminem? 
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »
jimmy.....rza is better than em in some aspects...
yeah we did the same thing on jay-z cuz jay is overrated and many agree...even on here
im not the only one....as long as one other person agrees....and i know there is at least 1 person, im not the only 1 and even if i was..oh well...lol
kill you a good song....but im jus talkin str8 up lyrical slaughter....who can do justice to a song the best...
Yes, RZA is better than Eminem in some aspects... like producing. As far as rapping goes, he's not even in the top 5 in his own group. Great that people agree with you but the problem is you seem to need that to survive in an argument. You have arguably some of the oddest most left field contributions to a "greatest" list I've ever seen. I'd love to hear how you think Rza is better than Eminem and/or one of the best rappers in the game?

Who can do justice to a song the best? In the case of "Kill You", there is no song without Eminem. All this "straight up lyrical slaughter" stuff is just noise to me at this point because if you're bringing up people who can murder on the microphone and RZA is your counterpoint to fucking Eminem then you're really out of the loop in this conversation.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »
so if it's not here tomorrow morning, i'm going to be tight lol.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »

Evil Deeds - decent track, but no replay value at all, nothing past average
Never Enough - easily one of the better tracks on the album, 50 outshone eminem
Yellow Brick Road - solid enough but nothing great at all
Like Toy Soldiers - wack, too rigid
Mosh - fail at political music
Rain Man - No its not one of eminems greatest songs lol
Big Weenie - wack
Spend Some Time - Horrible, idea was nice but a bunch of niggaz spittin on the most rigid beat ever. Terrible, i heard this track dont a millon times better.
Mockingbird - Nice but a played out theme
Encore - average at best....no funk to it whatsoever, way to formulaic

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
so if it's not here tomorrow morning, i'm going to be tight lol.

Shade45 is basically Eminem's radio station & Angela Yee announced it so it should be official.