Author Topic: Track by track review for Recovery  (Read 619 times)

dameons

Track by track review for Recovery
« on: June 04, 2010, 02:02:18 PM »
 First Eminem - Recovery Review!?

By kingdali - Yesterday, 11:42 PM - The Hip-Hop Spot @ BXspot.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been listening to the recovery album for a couple days now. (You can believe me or not, i have it...i dont think it's leaked on here yet)

***Sorry...i just got threatened by some who said i could get in trouble...sorry, just wait a week, someone else will leak...i have the International version anyway.

There are a couple shockers on the album...If you dont want me to spoil it...stop reading now!!!

Here are my reviews by track, this is rated out of 5 stars:

1. “Cold Wind Blows”

**** Dark yet hard song...beat is hot, good bass. Sounds like a slowed down "Wide Awake crossed over with The Way I Am. Intro track.

2. “Talkin’ 2 Myself” feat. Kobe

** Whack beat, i like the lyrics, hes talking bout he relys on himself because he doesnt trust anyone around him or some s**t, Havent listen to the full track.

3. “On Fire”

**** Pretty hot track, beat is pretty hard!! Chorus could be a little better, thats why a rated a 4.

4. “Won’t Back Down” feat. Pink

*** Everyones heard this one...its ok...not really feelin the beat. Pink sucks.

5. “W.T.P.”

***** I dont know who produced this track but beat does hard! Didnt expect this kinda beat from an Em track.

6. “Going Through Changes”

*** This song is ehh...sound like not afraid yet hes talking about how hes grown up over the years and explains how hes changed his style and matured over the years. Basically explaining himself.

7. “Not Afraid”

*** Everyones heard this one..its ok.

8. “Seduction”

**** Not a sex track like you would think with the title. Hes talking about how its tempting to relapse but he has got to get a handle on his issues.

9. “No Love” feat. Lil Wayne

** f**kin whack track, after Forever and Drop the world, i expected more. Wayne is rapping bulls**t like he always does and f**ks up the track. Beat is decent.

10. “Space Bound”

* Another f**kin whack track....beat is a little weird...i thought he quit the accents but he still uses them here but not on the whole song.

11. “Cinderella Man”

*** Ok track. Touches a little bit on where he disappeared to the last 4 years and really thought about retiring, lyrics are deep.

12. “25 to Life”

**** Metaphorical track...talking about he feels like hes trapped in this life of a celebrity. Cant go anywhere and how his family is dealing with the same.

13. “So Bad”

** Whack beat, chourus sucks...didnt even bother to listen to the whole song.

14. “Almost Famous”

**** Dope Beat. Goes back to where he was underground and was happier rapping on the underground and being respected in battles...i think he uses a couple old freestyles in here.

15. “Love the Way You Lie” feat. Rihanna

** Didnt listen to the whole track, Rihanna sounds whack on her verse/chorus....filler track i guess.

16. “You’re Never Over”

*** Beat is decent...Basically talking the same s**t he did on Cinderella man...just extended track.

***Bonus track***

17. "My Friend Till The End" (Hidden Track)

***** Deep ass track!!!!!! Beat sounds kinda like some Hans Zimmer s**t!!!

As you expected he raps about how he and proof met and what they've been through and how he felt when he died, he also talks about someone named Ronald and how he was the father he felt he never had and helped him with money with he needed and he'll take care of his family for life. Track as nothing short of AMAZING. Had to listen 4 times at first. Edit**He also says how no song he could ever make can explain the pain he feels when he lost Proof (f**kin deep)

*** Overall i thought he was a little repetitive with the lyrical content on this album. Nice to see different types of beats from a diverse group of producers.

I dont know whether this or Relapse was better, but this is OK to me cuz its some new s**t at least. At least theres a lot less of the accent although he still uses it a little and theres less
annoying tracks.

SOURCE : http://www.realraptalk.com/f16/emine...eview-1423392/

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Track by track review for Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
i hate people like this, he should just leak it.

& for "Won't Back Down" he says "everybody has heard it"; shit has been out for one day, the fuck is he talking about? PRETTY SUS.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:53:44 PM »
hmmmmm interesting, atleast theres a handful of good sounding tracks on there.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »
interesting "review" when he didn't bother to listen to all the songs :P

Jaydc

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »
Hmmm it does sound promising but i wont put too much stock in this.It seems the pink and rihanna features are exactly what I feared them to be but Ill wait on the rihanna song first.Hope this leaks soon

moe

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
7. “Not Afraid”

*** Everyones heard this one..its ok.
i havent heard it.

Hittman2001

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:20:32 PM »
if true.....i wonder if that last "hidden" track is produced by dre   ???

Matty

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
really the most interesting tracks on here are the just blaze ones. does dre have anything on here? more relapse leftovers or new?

Paul

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 04:41:03 AM »
Worst review I have ever read. 
funkyfreshintheflesh

MediumL

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 07:10:18 AM »
if the guy isn't making it up then it doesn't sound promising. His feelings over the pink single and not afraid are the same as mine so it doesn't bode well.

Sounds like there's some shit beats on there.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Lucifuge

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »
he's profesional like that... full of shit
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »
i feel like Eminem would have to come at his absolute worst to disappoint me; i say that in the least stan way possible lol.

i'm not really concerned after reading this.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »
i feel like Eminem would have to come at his absolute worst to disappoint me; i say that in the least stan way possible lol.

lol, this is like someone saying "I like to suck dick; no homo"

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:40:41 PM »
itll prolly be like relapse, a bunch of horrible - half decent songs, with a few gems.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »

lol, this is like someone saying "I like to suck dick; no homo"

well personally, wouldn't you say Eminem was close to his worst on Relapse? well i enjoyed that album & i personally feel this album will be better.

so unless this album is a lot worse than Relapse, i think i'm going to enjoy it.