Author Topic: Dubcnn: Exclusive Interview With Kokane (Part 1) On Dubcnn Now!!  (Read 462 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn reached out to West Coast pioneer Kokane, who is getting ready to release his anticipated solo album "Gimme All Mine" on June 1st, for in-depth 2-part interview.

This is Part 1, where we talk about the reasons behind him moving to Seattle, growing a beard and hooking back up with his OG partners Above The Law and Tha Chill for his new album. Spiritual as ever, Koka aka Jerry Long tells us about his current mindstate, being a work in progress, promoting positivity and dedicating his life to God.

Of course he gives us details on his album, topics that he touches on, the message he's trying to deliver and why this record is important for the West Coast. He also announces the upcoming remix to "Twilight Zone" with Crooked I.

Read or listen to the interview below:

Exclusive Interview With Kokane Part 1 (April 2010)

Look out for Part 2, where Kokane tells us about his mixtape "On The Back Streets" with DJ Crazy Toones, his project with Kurupt "The 2K's", hooking back up with Snoop Dogg, the New West/Old West controversy, his take on Autotune and him getting involved in social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.

Incase you missed Kokane's mixtape "On The Back Streets" which we dropped on 4/20, download it below:

Kokane - On The Back Streets (Executed by DJ Crazy Toones) (Mixtape Download)

"Gimme All Mine" drops June 1st on Bud-E-Boy/Bonzi/Fontana Records.

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Dubcnn: Exclusive Interview With Kokane (Part 1) On Dubcnn Now!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:44:34 AM »
dope!! thx Nima can't wait for part 2 !

Okka

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:03:07 AM »
Thanks, good read. Crooked on the "Twilight Zone" remix? Damn, that's gonna be tight.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
Good to see Crooked I getting the praise he deserves. Nice intervew 8)

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »
Thanks...looking forward to Part 2.
Props  :)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
Part 2 should be dropping in a few days!

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
Props, Nima.  I'm really looking forward to reading part 2 and then checking out the new record.  Twilight Zone and Killing Fields are both hot.

Tha Magus

• 'G'
  • KILLAFORNIA BABY!!!!!
Exclusive interview with Kokane pt.1
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 03:55:44 PM »
 8) This is by far the most sane I have heard Koka. VERY GOOD INTERVIEW and one of my favorites for 2010 so far and I can't wait for pt.2 and see what other questions you might have asked him. Thanks Nima \/Dubcnn

Dubcnn reached out to West Coast pioneer Kokane, who is getting ready to release his anticipated solo album "Gimme All Mine" on June 1st, for in-depth 2-part interview.

This is Part 1, where we talk about the reasons behind him moving to Seattle, growing a beard and hooking back up with his OG partners Above The Law and Tha Chill for his new album. Spiritual as ever, Koka aka Jerry Long tells us about his current mindstate, being a work in progress, promoting positivity and dedicating his life to God.

Of course he gives us details on his album, topics that he touches on, the message he's trying to deliver and why this record is important for the West Coast. He also announces the upcoming remix to "Twilight Zone" with Crooked I.

Read or listen to the interview below:

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/kokane2010-part1

www.ThaWasteland.com Tha Magus Team Leader for Bone Thugs N Harmony #1 community site

By Magus7

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Exclusive interview with Kokane pt.1
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »
^^thanks bro.

doggfather

Re: Exclusive interview with Kokane pt.1
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »
yeah,good to read.
pt 2?
When?
Do U know?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Mista Rosa

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:46 AM »
Nice interview!

You have talked about the ghetto gospel EP, but does kokane plan to release it for the fans? He didn't say some things relevant, just talked about god.

Since you were talking about the old projects, like the one with kurupt, why not talking about the sugakane project, his record with suga free!!! I know they recorded several songs for this project but then kokane changed hid road with the jerry long stuff.. They should definitely do this album!!

You talked about kokane being on the social network (part2), he said few days ago that he was in the studio with dre " layin some stuff for detox. detox is not a myth. it's a bomb!" How did they hook up again? i mean, he has that controversial line on twilight zone!! Is he sure to make it on detox?

That would be dope if you can ask next time you catch him!

Props for the interview, dubcnn has always supported kokane throught the years!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 01:20:19 AM »

props nima!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »
Nice interview!

You have talked about the ghetto gospel EP, but does kokane plan to release it for the fans? He didn't say some things relevant, just talked about god.

Since you were talking about the old projects, like the one with kurupt, why not talking about the sugakane project, his record with suga free!!! I know they recorded several songs for this project but then kokane changed hid road with the jerry long stuff.. They should definitely do this album!!

You talked about kokane being on the social network (part2), he said few days ago that he was in the studio with dre " layin some stuff for detox. detox is not a myth. it's a bomb!" How did they hook up again? i mean, he has that controversial line on twilight zone!! Is he sure to make it on detox?

The funny thing about the Ghetto Gospel EP is, Kokane lost all those tracks, but guess who still had them? Yours truly :) I played them for him he went crazy when he realized they weren't lost. We're actually in talks of maybe releasing this as a Kokane/dubcnn project or something in the future, but for now all focus is on "Gimme All Mine" dropping June 1st.

As for the Sugakane project, I will ask him that, I didn't in the interview but if I talk to him before Part 2 goes up I'll add that to the interview.

As for the Detox twitter comment.. I didn't know he posted that but he did tell me... "man... that DETOX is hard nima.." he sounded really excited, I think he layed 2 tracks or something, hopefully something will make the album. He's been in the studio with the Aftermath guys working and even though I haven't heard any of the music myself, I've been hearing the excitement coming from artists who have heard it..

Mista Rosa

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:37:50 AM »
Nice interview!

The funny thing about the Ghetto Gospel EP is, Kokane lost all those tracks, but guess who still had them? Yours truly :) I played them for him he went crazy when he realized they weren't lost. We're actually in talks of maybe releasing this as a Kokane/dubcnn project or something in the future, but for now all focus is on "Gimme All Mine" dropping June 1st.

As for the Sugakane project, I will ask him that, I didn't in the interview but if I talk to him before Part 2 goes up I'll add that to the interview.

As for the Detox twitter comment.. I didn't know he posted that but he did tell me... "man... that DETOX is hard nima.." he sounded really excited, I think he layed 2 tracks or something, hopefully something will make the album. He's been in the studio with the Aftermath guys working and even though I haven't heard any of the music myself, I've been hearing the excitement coming from artists who have heard it..

Damn that ghetto gospel story is crazy! NIMA YOU'RE THE MAN FOR STILL HAVING THOSE TRACKS!! i hope you can work something out with kokane!

The focus is definitely on gimme all mine. Can't wait to have this record! 8)

I was very excited when i first heard about the sugakane project. Let's hope he didn't loose those tracks too!

Big props to you Nima!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 10:19:12 AM »

Lookin' forward to readin' that. Is it droppin on the weekend?