Author Topic: Royce confirms Slaughterhouse on Shady Records  (Read 1815 times)

Jaydc

Re: Royce confirms Slaughterhouse on Shady Records
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
So in your opinion eminem show was ruined by his production?lol

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
So in your opinion eminem show was ruined by his production?lol

I actually didnt like the Eminem Show as an album. There were a lot of poor songs on there. So in a way yes, but that wasnt just down to the production.

One thing I will say is that Eminem's two best albums are his first two, which coincidentally happen to be the two albums he's done with the least production handled by himself.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem_production_discography

i mean, i don't know how credible it is; but if that list is true (i know some of them are); he's got some dope ass beats under his belt.

i mean, you would expect the protege of the greatest producer in history to be pretty good lol.

but just because Slaughterhouse is on Shady doesn't nessesarily mean that EVERY song will be produced by Eminem

maybe Slim can hook them up with Dre for a song or two; not to mention on Em's "Recovery" he's using producers other than stictly Dre, so maybe he'll hook Slaughterhouse up with those guys.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
i was actually about to go check the tracklist & name the songs that were really tight on The Eminem Show & as i went though them i noticed that i can single one song out that was weak.

nothing on that album was below a 3.5/5 for me.

i'd consider myself a pretty big Eminem fan though, so i may be biased & i'd consider it a personal classic album. :P

but when i listen to guys like Eminem & Slaughterhouse, i don't listen to them to be blown away by production; they are top notch lyricists, i listen for the sick word play & the awesome flows.

any classic production that i may come across listening to guys like that is just a bonus. 8)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »
i was actually about to go check the tracklist & name the songs that were really tight on The Eminem Show & as i went though them i noticed that i can single one song out that was weak.

nothing on that album was below a 3.5/5 for me.

i'd consider myself a pretty big Eminem fan though, so i may be biased & i'd consider it a personal classic album. :P

but when i listen to guys like Eminem & Slaughterhouse, i don't listen to them to be blown away by production; they are top notch lyricists, i listen for the sick word play & the awesome flows.

any classic production that i may come across listening to guys like that is just a bonus. 8)

I'd definitely agree with this part I've highlighted.

I disagree about the Eminem Show but as you say, its a personal classic for you so we're always going to have different tastes and so on.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has made a few classic beats, but overall I've never been taken in by his sound and I think a lot of his beats are similar (not all, but quite a few).

Jaydc

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »
I agree,i didnt listen to slaughterhouse for the production.

And every single producer has a lot of songs that sound the same,its called their style.Are you going to tell me that dj preimier songs dont sound the same?or dr.dre?or timbaland?or any producer?If you dont like theri style thats fine,its call personal taste,but I have always found the they have songs that sound so similar arguement dumb because you could say that about every single producer in rap

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
I agree,i didnt listen to slaughterhouse for the production.

And every single producer has a lot of songs that sound the same,its called their style.Are you going to tell me that dj preimier songs dont sound the same?or dr.dre?or timbaland?or any producer?If you dont like theri style thats fine,its call personal taste,but I have always found the they have songs that sound so similar arguement dumb because you could say that about every single producer in rap

There is a distinction between having your own style and songs sounding the same.

Also, you hit the nail on the head when you said "if you don't like their style thats fine". Well thats what I'm saying, I don't like his production style.

But again, I agree with you about Slaughterhouse being about the verses. No-one is going to their work for choruses and beats. Its all about the rhymes. And personally I love that about them. There arent a huge amount of emcees out there today that get mainstream exposue of any sort that you can say that about.

Jaydc

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
 You pick any big producer and someone can post up songs of theirs that sound the same.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
You pick any big producer and someone can post up songs of theirs that sound the same.

Again, as I said just one post ago I agree with that, but there is still a difference between two songs sounding the same and two songs being in a similar style.

What you see to have missed is what I said about agreeing with you saying "if you don't like his style". For example, if I don't like a lot of his songs, and I think some of them sound similar, it stands to reason I'm not going to like them either doesnt it? Thats the point I'm getting across.

Jaydc

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
Alright fair enough.Not everyone is going to like everyones production.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
Eminem has a distinct style you hear in some of his beats.

some of his harder beats like "We Ain't", "Hands Up" & "Patiently Waiting" for example sound nothing like his work.

but you get a song like "Beautiful" or "Moment of Clarity" & there is something about it that makes it like "vintage" Eminem, i guess you could say.

i'm looking through that Wiki link i posted with all of Em's production & i have to say, i didn't know he produced half of these (again, if accurate) & i must say, i'm impressed.

his work on both of Obie Trice's albums & D-12's albums were pretty damn good.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
pretty damn good...but nuthin str8 fire, str8 instant classic, str8 dopeness right? lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 07:49:58 PM »
yes,thier is straihgt classic songs from his production.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
which 1's?

yes,thier is straihgt classic songs from his production.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 08:00:49 PM »
^just about everything he produced on SSLP & MMLP & some of the stuff on The Eminem Show & Encore; i really had no idea he produced so much of his own albums.

maybe not all classic, but really good.

Renegade, Patiently Waiting & almost all the production on Obie Trice's & about half of the songs off Devil's Night.

like i said though, when you're learning from Dr. Dre, you're bound to be pretty nasty at some point.