Author Topic: Royce confirms Slaughterhouse on Shady Records  (Read 1817 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Royce confirms Slaughterhouse on Shady Records
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 09:47:02 PM »
I think the hate comes from his work onthe 2pac album.That album was his worst work for the most part,though it did have some great tracks on it.

name one great track.

fucking up a 2pac album SHOULD lose him some major points

Jaydc

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »
I thought thugs get lonely too was great.The beat fit the song perfect with nates hook.

Al Bundy

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 11:39:26 PM »
I thought thugs get lonely too was great.The beat fit the song perfect with nates hook.

the only redeeming part about the raping (!) of that 2pac track was nate dogg on the hook. the beat sounded like some cheap background music and 2pacs vocals were completely fucked with.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »

the only redeeming part about the raping (!) of that 2pac track was nate dogg on the hook. the beat sounded like some cheap background music and 2pacs vocals were completely fucked with.

this. It's nice that Eminem admitted that relapse and the accent were ehhh. Now he needs to apologize for ruining a 2pac album and promise to get Dr. Dre to remake the album, this time without fucking with the vocals
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:05:44 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:58 AM »

Agreed. 

JohnnyL

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 07:35:02 AM »

Yeah.  Nate Dogg was much better on the hook than that chick from the OG version.  The beat was pretty boring though.
  I have to say though that Em's version of "Don't You Trust Me" is far better than the OG.  Dido fixation or not, Em made that song listenable.  The OG version sucks.  That's probably the only instance where you'll ever hear me say that about an Eminem remix of a 2pac song versus the OG, but I really did not care for the OG version at all.

Jaydc

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 07:50:32 AM »
Ill second that on dont you trust me.I enjoyed crooked nigga too.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
em has some dope productions by himself, there's no doubt about that

one of my favorites has to be "Love Me" from 8 Mile OST.cold ass beat and a great song
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

JohnnyL

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
em has some dope productions by himself, there's no doubt about that

one of my favorites has to be "Love Me" from 8 Mile OST.cold ass beat and a great song

That was a tight track.  I tend to overlook some of the tracks on the 8 Mile Soundtrack, but there were some good songs on there. 

Jimmy H.

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
but why you think people dont like his work or dont get the credit he deserves?

Because he's a mainstream artist. A lot of people with diverse hip-hop tastes aren't comfortable with giving Eminem that much credit because in doing so, they may come off as having limited knowledge of the music. There are a lot of Eminem fans who only know MTV or radio and hip-hop heads generally get nervous about being grouped in with those kinds of fans. They'd rather throw out some generic monotone rapper from the West because at least, it implies that they know of rap music that didn't cross over to the pop charts. And I'm not saying you have to love him or even be a fan but you have to give him credit as an artist or to me, you're a hater. 90% of the folks bitching would fucking embrace the shit out of a rapper who was half as talented and only rhymed about low riders and gang-banging.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2010, 06:44:22 AM »
When was the last time em actaully produced something, i wouldnt expext many tracks from him but he will definitly have some verses.

The competative side of him will come out.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Jaydc

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2010, 07:44:25 AM »
When was the last time em actaully produced something, i wouldnt expext many tracks from him but he will definitly have some verses.

The competative side of him will come out.

He produced beautiful I believe.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »
^he did.

he doesn't produce for anybody; he was producing for Ca$his & Obie on his label & they are irrelevant as of now.

so i expect him to produce a decent chunk of the album.

Jaydc

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2010, 08:24:53 AM »
I cant wait for obie to drop another album.Ive bought all 3 of his albums and all 3 are great albums

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »
I cant wait for obie to drop another album.Ive bought all 3 of his albums and all 3 are great albums

i never got around to his third album, but his first two were mad good.

Cheers was like a powerhouse album for Obie; he was fucking with Shady right in prime when Aftermath was running music with G-Unit & shit.

had them all over the album; even a verse from Dre; it was epic lol.

Second Round's On Me was right there with it too; it was more focused on Obie instead of features & stuff.

Cheers will always be better to me, but Second Round's On Me was the shit. 8)