Author Topic: Royce confirms Slaughterhouse on Shady Records  (Read 1812 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Royce confirms Slaughterhouse on Shady Records
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »
it seems like everyone is a pussy; nobody calls out good rappers.

Joe Budden called out Meth, which almost turned to Budden vs. Wu-Tang; would have been epic.

i give Game credit for calling out Jay-Z.

but it seems like all the other shit talking is people calling out Soulja Boy & wack rappers.

i mean shit, i'm better than Soulja Boy too; it doesn't take much to call out a scrub.

you got multiple people calling themselves the best; i can't think of a rapper who hasn't called himself the best; so we need these guys calling each other out.
Truthfully, the Budden-Meth thing could have been interesting but the thing is rap feuds for the most part are played out. Very little good music comes from it. Just a lot of YouTube videos and blogs.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2010, 02:59:33 PM »
it seems like everyone is a pussy; nobody calls out good rappers.

Joe Budden called out Meth, which almost turned to Budden vs. Wu-Tang; would have been epic.

i give Game credit for calling out Jay-Z.

but it seems like all the other shit talking is people calling out Soulja Boy & wack rappers.

i mean shit, i'm better than Soulja Boy too; it doesn't take much to call out a scrub.

you got multiple people calling themselves the best; i can't think of a rapper who hasn't called himself the best; so we need these guys calling each other out.

No one called out Soulja Boy except for Ice T. It was interesting that almost everyone who was asked about it said something along the lines of "he's making money, doing his own thing. Ice T shouldn't have said that." Inside they agreed with Ice T but they were all too pussy to admit it.

Budden vs. Wu Tang would've been epic. But cmon, out of all the rappers on that list he calls out Meth, someone who actually puts out good music!? If he had the balls he would've called out lil wayne, the hottest rapper in the game, not a legend from the 90s who doesn't sell records anymore. Oh but I forgot, they've already kissed Lil Wayne's ass in interviews  ::)

Why would you call out a good rapper who you like? It doesn't make sense, apart from some friendly competition. It used to be that someone who wanted to make a name would attack whoever was hottest at the moment. But I seriously believe that there must be some inside scam because I don't understand how half of music fans can hate lil wayne yet no rapper is brave enough to diss him. Face it, your heroes are too scared to call out the names of anyone popular in the industry. I'm straight out calling them hypocrites because they generalize with songs like Wack Mcs but in reality they aren't brave enough to "slaughter" any individual rapper.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »
^not just Soulja Boy, but other weak rappers like Soulja Boy.

& like you said, why diss someone if you like them? you just assume that everybody in Slaughterhouse hates Lil' Wayne?

Joe Budden's favorite rapper? Eminem. Royce's boy? Eminem.

Eminem? recently did a song with Lil' Wayne; why would they diss him?

& let's face it, only people selling records (kind of) are Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West & T.I.; i see Drake selling pretty well for his debut.

but other than them, nobody else sells, why would you diss one of them, the only rappers with major fanbases that buys albums? you're only affecting your chances of losing fans & selling less.

Slaughterhouse could of lyrically murked Lil' Wayne worse than Nas did Jay & Pac did Big, but it wouldn't change anything; Wayne would still sell & Slaughterhouse would only get hate for it.

i'm just using Slaughterhouse as an example, but the same thing applies for anybody else trying to make it.

i want to see major beef like Jay/Nas, Big/Pac, Dre/Eazy, etc.

ikke

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
"he's making money, doing his own thing."
I never understood this.
He killed 3 people but it's cool he's getting money

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2010, 04:42:34 PM »
^not just Soulja Boy, but other weak rappers like Soulja Boy.

& like you said, why diss someone if you like them? you just assume that everybody in Slaughterhouse hates Lil' Wayne?

Joe Budden's favorite rapper? Eminem. Royce's boy? Eminem.

Eminem? recently did a song with Lil' Wayne; why would they diss him?

& let's face it, only people selling records (kind of) are Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West & T.I.; i see Drake selling pretty well for his debut.

but other than them, nobody else sells, why would you diss one of them, the only rappers with major fanbases that buys albums? you're only affecting your chances of losing fans & selling less.

Slaughterhouse could of lyrically murked Lil' Wayne worse than Nas did Jay & Pac did Big, but it wouldn't change anything; Wayne would still sell & Slaughterhouse would only get hate for it.

i'm just using Slaughterhouse as an example, but the same thing applies for anybody else trying to make it.

i want to see major beef like Jay/Nas, Big/Pac, Dre/Eazy, etc.

That's where you're wrong. It's been done before. The way KRS One did the Juice Crew. The way Canibus did LL Cool J. The way 50 did Ja. Someone going at Lil wayne WOULD be big beef. The reason they don't is because they are scared plain and simple. If they were really a "slaughterhouse" they would be slaughtering the fake rappers like they talk about in songs. These dudes make songs about how they are real hip hop and the mainstream is wack, yet they suck up to the mainstream rappers in interviews. Hypocrites.

Jaydc

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
Or maybe they actually like lil wayne?Just because you have your own personal feelings about an artist doesnt mean they share them.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »
Or maybe they actually like lil wayne?Just because you have your own personal feelings about an artist doesnt mean they share them.

the point is they are afraid to go at anyone who represents the mainstream. Lil Wayne was just an example. Its hypocritical to talk about how wack the mainstream is and then suck up to the rappers who represent the mainstream.

Jaydc

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »
Whats to be gained by it?This isnt canibus vs ll,where it would an even fight.What could they possibly gain?The fan bases arent the same,people like who they like and I dont think slaughterhouse ethering some bum who cant make a good diss song back would very entertaining.Noboyd is going to care about the diss songs,it would gain them nothing except making another enemy who has more pull in the industry.Call it what you want but in the end it would be stupid and wouldnt be entertaiing to anyone.

Jaydc

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
If wu tang and slaughterhouse had happened,that would be entertaining.But I dont want to see them diss rappers for being wack that we already know are wack,thats just lame.40 glocc type of begging for attention that gets you nowhere.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »
When I heard Crooked talk about the mainstream I appreciate that he didn't diss them but acknowledges there's a place for Young Money and there needs to a place for other styles or it'll become a sour apple soon.

They need to start their own label.  I don't understand these rappers talking about money yet won't invest in their own business.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Whats to be gained by it?This isnt canibus vs ll,where it would an even fight.What could they possibly gain?The fan bases arent the same,people like who they like and I dont think slaughterhouse ethering some bum who cant make a good diss song back would very entertaining.Noboyd is going to care about the diss songs,it would gain them nothing except making another enemy who has more pull in the industry.Call it what you want but in the end it would be stupid and wouldnt be entertaiing to anyone.

Canibus and LL never had the same fanbase. LL mostly made music for the bitches and Canibus was being hella lyrical. No one thought it was a fair fight at first, and everyone was surprised when LL actually came back with a great diss. You don't think anyone would care if Slaughterhouse dissed a mainstream rapper? They would be doing the one thing that everyone who hates the mainstream wishes would happen and people like me would finally be able to stand behind them. It could very well make their fanbase bigger. But right now I see them as fakes. Because the group is supposed to be the "lyrical slaughterhouse", a group of 4 emcees who can slaughter any rapper and don't give a fuck about the mainstream. Instead they are "the group who probably could but don't because they don't want any trouble".

Jaydc

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58:29 PM »
LL had long established he had skills on the mic,thats how he came into the game.You think soulja boy is suddenly going to turn around and turn into ll cool j on the mic?you really want to see slaughterhouse vs some bum?Thats entertaining to you?It would not help them at all,look at 40 glocc,what has all his wayne bashing gotten him?Nothing.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
If wu tang and slaughterhouse had happened,that would be entertaining.But I dont want to see them diss rappers for being wack that we already know are wack,thats just lame.40 glocc type of begging for attention that gets you nowhere.

hip hop fans are sheep. They don't know or won't acknowledge someone as weak until another rapper says it. That's how the whole Ja Rule situation played out. We knew Ja Rule was wack the whole time right? But we let his music continue to get played, and let our bitches continue to think he was dope. Until this guy named 50 Cent came along and said what we were all feeling. And then we said "yeeah" and refused to support him any longer. And it blew 50s career up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »
LL had long established he had skills on the mic,thats how he came into the game.You think soulja boy is suddenly going to turn around and turn into ll cool j on the mic?you really want to see slaughterhouse vs some bum?Thats entertaining to you?It would not help them at all,look at 40 glocc,what has all his wayne bashing gotten him?Nothing.

he had skills, but he had skills that were considered dope in the 80s. If you were around at the time you would know he had been dropping music for the bitches for a long time and NO ONE thought he could fuck with Canibus on a lyrical level.

Jaydc

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »
The 50 situation was completely different,ja rule was getting played out on his own.50 was becoming a star for more reasons then dissing ja rule.In da club made 50 a star,that had nothing to do with ja rule.With or without that beef he was a superstar.And again Ja rule is still better then 90 percent of the mainstream people out today.i mean his diss to eminem was the best diss anyone has ever thrown at eminem on wax.And most people will now admit that ja rules music is much better then the shit going on now.

Again,nothing can be gained by this.I just dont get the hyprocritical arguement and it feels like your just reaching for a reason to hate.