Author Topic: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...  (Read 2338 times)

Lunatic

Re: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:41 PM »
^ Don't think they include digital sales. They should revamp that soon to include digital sales. Digital plays too big of a part in the game to not be included. I'm sure they'll change that soon (hopefully).
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
Even selling 2,900 copies first week, $$ was definitely made..that's at least a profit of 20 G's in one week they made.."they" being everyone involved, but remember it's still $$ made..

U shouldve just left that one alone, bruh.

Did he delete that?  Anyway, unless the album cost $0.00 to make, there was not a profit of anything.

The only people that should care about sales are the people with a financial interest in the work.  If not, who cares.
networth my equal yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Will_B

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »
Been waiting for the UK release (if ever) but I just ordered this last night from amazon.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »
Shit...I buy any DPGC/Kurupt album I can find at ANYTIME wherever I am...If I don't have it...I cop it when I see it. I bought Streetlights on 4/20. He's one of my favorite and always will be. I don't jump on any bandwagon or jump ship. I like what I like, if noone else does...i don't give a fucc! Sucks he only sold 2.9k...but those are the real fans of his. That including Digital downloads as well or physical CD's only? The album is dope and I support the WEST baby! We still  8).
I'd really like to see Kurupt do a Streetz Iz A Mutha 2 (maybe 17-18 traccs deep). Have some Dre, Warreng G, Soopafly, Daz, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Quik production (or some as Executive Producers) And some guests like a 4horsemen track (which is still supposed to go down) or a Riflemen track and maybe another collabo with Pete Rock and Inspectah Deck, Crooked I, Planet Asia, Buckshot, any member of DPGC spittin, Xzibit, Tash, J-Ro, J. Wells.....I know not all of this is possible on one album...but if he was to do a Streetz II....some of these features and producers would be HOT!
YOU ARE A GREAT FAN MY EQUAL,much respect to you yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »
Well i bought it, from amazon. The store doen here didnt have it and it wasnt on their list, not even on teh imports list but i think the store is a bit shit.
 It is a shame that there arnt many cd collectors anymore, growing up me and my freinds all collected them but no young people seem to.
you are another good fan much respect yell

westside159

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »
2,900  units sold  LOL   damn thats more than a flop homie , streetlights was not a good album

westside159

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »
Kurupt is shooting a video for "Questions" and I imagine he'll be touring with Snoop. Hopefully the album will sell consistently over time. Okay, so it's never going to be much of a success, but that's how it is these days - a lot of artists have to really work their album.

Questions ?  thats probally the weakest song on the album .  beat is weak

acgrundy

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »
I can pretty much guarantee no money has been made off of 3000 copies sold.  If that few of copies w/ the promo done from this album can generate a profit you would see a lot more people investing in music.  Crooked I would have released an album years ago.

All the majors are facing financial problems.  There really isn't a ton of money to be made in music anymore.  I mean if a profit is made off 3000 cd's sold that would mean someone who sells millions of copies is making millions in profits.  Absolutely no way.  Like I said, you would see way more investors if that were the case.  Instead companies rather shelve a fully completed album and eat the sunk costs rather than invest any more money and try and recoup.

And good lord @ $16.99-$19.99 for a cd!!!  No wonder music doesn't sell anymore!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
soundscan is not the end all as well yell

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
I don't understand why artists like Kurupt even release albums? I am assuming that paying for production and studio time costs more than they can make in revenues. They have to be losing money.

acgrundy

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
I don't understand why artists like Kurupt even release albums? I am assuming that paying for production and studio time costs more than they can make in revenues. They have to be losing money.

Thats why snoop don't sign these guys and put them out.  Its sad to realize the reality.  Hey I love Dogg Food and got nothing but love for kurupt...but this is the reality. 

Lunatic

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
See that's the thing... A lot of artists DON'T pay for production depending on who their messing with...Especially albums like this..

I manage Knoc..there are so many hungry, DOPE producers who would be willing to give up their beats to Knoc free in return for just the credit and exposure.. HECK not even just dope new producers - I can get a list of dope well known west coast producers who would give Knoc (or any west coast veteran artist) beats for free off the love.. And then Knoc (like most veteran artists) is in a situation where he doesn't pay for studio time..and BOOM, u have yourself an entire album put together with 0$ spent on production/studio time..and can put together a cool name of guest appearances without spending any money.

Of course if Akon came out and sold 3,000 copies, there would be a tons of money loss 'cause he pays out the ass for guest appearances, etc...that's not the case with these established, veteran artists who are past their selling prime..

If I was wrong, ask yourselves this question..why do u see soooooo many releases from artists come out, sell only a few thousand copies and yet that artist still continues to drop albums? Surely if they were losing themselves and their labels $, they wouldn't be able to come out with more releases - the label wouldn't allow it and no other label would sign the artist. Kurupt will be an example - I doubt that album with him and Roscoe sold much...but Kurupt is able to keep coming out with albums, right? It's because artists like Kurupt, etc. are able to put together an album with minimal costs and still make revenue off it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:08:07 PM by Lunatic »

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »
these niggaz need 2 sell their shit out their trunk ... throw away their ego and go grind ... shit..

The_Offence

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
this is what you niggaz wanted right, i told you bitch niggaz nobody cares about these old west coast niggaz no more, ice will sell around the same numbers.

Lunatic

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »
this is what you niggaz wanted right, i told you bitch niggaz nobody cares about these old west coast niggaz no more, ice will sell around the same numbers.
u wrong there mayne u crazy if u think Ice Cube selling under 3,000 copies first week  ::)

Cube will sell at least 30K first week..and that's probably still low balling him.