Author Topic: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...  (Read 2310 times)

Lunatic

Re: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 04:45:05 PM »
^ your an idiot, I already addressed that and stated the album probably cost virtually nothing to make..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Muhfukka

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
^ your an idiot, I already addressed that and stated the album probably cost virtually nothing to make..
haha im the idiot? what you delete the post for then? and anyway even if your dumbass assumptions about it being basically free to make are true what about the money retailers take off top? surely a great businessman like yourself knows its not just a little bit. then divide the leftover money up between everyone involved and it was basically a waste of time for them
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:49:58 PM by Muhfukka »

Lunatic

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
^ not because I don't stand by it (as stated in my later post, I do) but I feel I probably shouldn't be commenting on certain things.

So don't say I don't know the difference between revenue and profit when I addressed that from the very beginning. Highly doubt this album cost much (if anything at all) to make. Produced at Terrace's house, homie guest appearances, etc.

Muhfukka

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
^ not because I don't stand by it (as stated in my later post, I do) but I feel I probably shouldn't be commenting on certain things.

So don't say I don't know the difference between revenue and profit when I addressed that from the very beginning. Highly doubt this album cost much (if anything at all) to make. Produced at Terrace's house, homie guest appearances, etc.
ok and terracee didnt charge them, he didnt pay any guests and they just sold it out of their cars right?

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »
U think Terrace charges Kurupt for beats? lol, he definitely takes his money off the back end (sales).

U actually think Kurupt paid Roscoe, Problem, Uncle Chucc, Tone, J. Black etc. to appear on this album? No, Kurupt is a bigger name than them so they all did it for free + they are all friends, just like Kurupt would return the favor for them on their projects for free even though he is a bigger name.

The only bigger/same level names on this album are Lil Jon, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit & DJ Quik

Lil Jon = track is old as hell, $ for it (if any $ was paid) didn't come off a budget from this album, but either a long time ago OR paperwork for Jon to get his royalties/publishing..
Snoop Dogg - highly doubt Kurupt is paying for Snoop verses
Xzibit - favor for a favor. Come back here and announce me as being correct when u see Kurupt appear on the next Xzibit album.
Quik - he's apart of the team now, Kurupt is not paying for Quik

Certainly not a waste of time at all. If that were the case, little distributors like Fontana, Duck Down, Real Talk Ent., etc (distributors that tend to only sell a few thousand copies of each release) would be shut down by now, not still going strong in 2010 with PLENTY releases only selling 1-5K copies..

Muhfukka

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »
U think Terrace charges Kurupt for beats? lol, he definitely takes his money off the back end (sales).

U actually think Kurupt paid Roscoe, Problem, Uncle Chucc, Tone, J. Black etc. to appear on this album? No, Kurupt is a bigger name than them so they all did it for free + they are all friends, just like Kurupt would return the favor for them on their projects for free even though he is a bigger name.

The only bigger/same level names on this album are Lil Jon, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit & DJ Quik

Lil Jon = track is old as hell, $ for it (if any $ was paid) didn't come off a budget from this album, but either a long time ago OR paperwork for Jon to get his royalties/publishing..
Snoop Dogg - highly doubt Kurupt is paying for Snoop verses
Xzibit - favor for a favor. Come back here and announce me as being correct when u see Kurupt appear on the next Xzibit album.
Quik - he's apart of the team now, Kurupt is not paying for Quik

Certainly not a waste of time at all. If that were the case, little distributors like Fontana, Duck Down, Real Talk Ent., etc (distributors that tend to only sell a few thousand copies of each release) would be shut down by now, not still going strong in 2010 with PLENTY releases only selling 1-5K copies..
so what is all this supposed to prove exactly, that you love to assume shit and act like its fact?

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
^ No, and anyone with real music industry knowledge would know that I know what I'm talking about..

but I love how u didn't address ANY of what I just said..no comeback arguments?

Muhfukka

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2010, 05:09:42 PM »
^ No, and anyone with real music industry knowledge would know that I know what I'm talking about..

but I love how u didn't address ANY of what I just said..no comeback arguments?
real music industry knowledge? hahaha whens kocturnal dropping man, last january right? or does he still have that one verse to finish? and why would i argue against the shit youre guessing, like i said its noting but assumptions

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
^ its really 'cause u aint got shit to say

i know u don't truly believe kurupt is paying j. black, tone, uncle chucc, etc for their features  ::)

don't get me wrong, they're dope artists but they need all the exposure they can get this early in their career. Appearing on a Kurupt album benefits them, not the other way around

Muhfukka

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2010, 05:13:49 PM »
^ its really 'cause u aint got shit to say

i know u don't truly believe kurupt is paying j. black, tone, uncle chucc, etc for their features  ::)

don't get me wrong, they're dope artists but they need all the exposure they can get this early in their career. Appearing on a Kurupt album benefits them, not the other way around
yeah youre right man, AT LEAST 20 grand in profits off less than 3000 copies sold. how could i be so dumb?

Westdog

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »
Fuck sales! They r legends.
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

dc5_k20z1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
Shit...I buy any DPGC/Kurupt album I can find at ANYTIME wherever I am...If I don't have it...I cop it when I see it. I bought Streetlights on 4/20. He's one of my favorite and always will be. I don't jump on any bandwagon or jump ship. I like what I like, if noone else does...i don't give a fucc! Sucks he only sold 2.9k...but those are the real fans of his. That including Digital downloads as well or physical CD's only? The album is dope and I support the WEST baby! We still  8).
I'd really like to see Kurupt do a Streetz Iz A Mutha 2 (maybe 17-18 traccs deep). Have some Dre, Warreng G, Soopafly, Daz, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Quik production (or some as Executive Producers) And some guests like a 4horsemen track (which is still supposed to go down) or a Riflemen track and maybe another collabo with Pete Rock and Inspectah Deck, Crooked I, Planet Asia, Buckshot, any member of DPGC spittin, Xzibit, Tash, J-Ro, J. Wells.....I know not all of this is possible on one album...but if he was to do a Streetz II....some of these features and producers would be HOT!

Zayus

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
That's disappointing but not really surprising. I'd be surprised if more than 10'000 copies were pressed for worldwide sales because every non-American website I've seen seems to be selling an import. And there are a few other things that need to be considered.

1. Hip-Hop fans download everything. If they like the album they might come down to Kurupt's next show. That in itself would net him more money than the few bucks off the CD.
2. It's an independent album with two videos that were shot well but not expensively and pretty much exclusive internet promo/ads. What else can you expect?
3. It probably didn't cost a whole lot to make.

All that aside, I like the CD. I can't justify importing it until I've got a couple of other albums to cut down on shipping costs but the next time Kurupt comes to Australia I'll be one of the first to buy a ticket.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »
Id be interested to know how many people in this thread bought the album and didnt bootleg....hmmmmm

Seriously...make an anonymous poll thread and sticky it and have us answer honestly.  I'd like to see the responses.  Remember, that it is US who are the Kurupt fans.  If we don't buy his album, then nobody will.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
what do you mean by us?.....he got fans overseas dont he or that dont post on here?

Id be interested to know how many people in this thread bought the album and didnt bootleg....hmmmmm

Seriously...make an anonymous poll thread and sticky it and have us answer honestly.  I'd like to see the responses.  Remember, that it is US who are the Kurupt fans.  If we don't buy his album, then nobody will.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.