Author Topic: Bone Thugs was right when they said Eazy didn't/don't get enough respect.  (Read 1295 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

they said that shit on "The Deal" tha other week.  and u know wat, that shit is too true.  my nigga Eazy ain't never get tha same love Pac & Big got and never has. 

StevenQBosell

I think part of it, sadly, has been Tomica and Ruthless' awful handling of the estate... Pacs had how many posthumous albums? Atleast 5 off the top of my head, heck even B.I.G. who didn't really leave that much unrealeased stuff had 2... Even if it's just remix projexts, you have to do SOMETHING to keep the name out there. On the 10th Anniversary of his death, where was some sort of big name release?

they did this a few years ago:
Impact Of A Legend :
Release Date : March 26th, 2002
Label : Ruthless Records
type : LP/DVD
Tracklisting :
01. Intro
02. Eazy 123
03. Cock The 9
04. Switchez
05. The Rev (skit)
06. No More Tears
07. Ruthless Life
08. Still F**kem

Fail. Remix beats were garbage. A big name would have helped it a little bit, the producers they picked on here were just wack, period. Like bad. The guest features were so-so... and that's being generous. Unless Ruthless themselves step up to the plate and invite big name West coast producers to remix some songs, it's prolly gonna be like this for a while.

Bottom line his name just isn't out there enough... Big Pun and Big L get more love...

BiggBoogaBiff

I think part of it, sadly, has been Tomica and Ruthless' awful handling of the estate... Pacs had how many posthumous albums? Atleast 5 off the top of my head, heck even B.I.G. who didn't really leave that much unrealeased stuff had 2... Even if it's just remix projexts, you have to do SOMETHING to keep the name out there. On the 10th Anniversary of his death, where was some sort of big name release?

Impact Of A Legend :
Tracklisting :
01. Intro
02. Eazy 123
03. Cock The 9
04. Switchez
05. The Rev (skit)
06. No More Tears
07. Ruthless Life
08. Still F**kem

Fail. Remix beats were garbage. A big name would have helped it a little bit, the producers they picked on here were just wack, period. Like bad. The guest features were so-so... and that's being generous. Unless Ruthless themselves step up to the plate and invite big name West coast producers to remix some songs, it's prolly gonna be like this for a while.

Bottom line his name just isn't out there enough... Big Pun and Big L get more love...

3v3ryThing u just wrote was the truth.  RIP Eazy.  What I wanna know is why is there a movie about biggie and pac and now 1 about nwa in the works but there wasn't a movie about Eazy.  Eazy E is THE Godfather of Hip Hop, no1 who has came out since or b4 then can dispute that.  If it wasn't for Eazy, we would just now probably starting to hear cuss words go mainstream in rap music as a "new" way to market Rap towards/for the youth lol.  Yeah, he wasn't the best rapper and maybe u might think he didn't even have the best beats and so what he didn't write ALL of rhymes but 1 thing is FACT, Eazy E started this gangsta shit that everybody's been doin' since since (the style and everything), and it's truely an American Tragedy how his legacy has played out.  

Truthfully, when you're talking about Hip Hop how do u NOT mention Eazy E and talk about what he did for this game.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:26:27 PM by Hi, my name is RadioTube! and JayDc is my stan »

Muhfukka

Impact Of A Legend :
Tracklisting :
01. Intro
02. Eazy 123
03. Cock The 9
04. Switchez
05. The Rev (skit)
06. No More Tears
07. Ruthless Life
08. Still F**kem

i agree but at the same time theres positives to this shit. tomica doesnt deserve shit. tupac has all this bullshit  going on that he would never approve of, and biggie has a horrible movie about him. eazys music will always be there

BiggBoogaBiff

i agree but at the same time theres positives to this shit. tomica doesnt deserve shit. tupac has all this bullshit  going on that he would never approve of, and biggie has a horrible movie about him. eazys music will always be there
[/quote]

that may be true but ppl act like Pac was gonna continue 2 be that same burning bright star he was.  Who knows, Pac coulda fell off HARD after 1996 and ppl wouldn't even have expected it, shit was goin' mainstream just like all of the rappers are of today.  But atleast we could get some more new music by Eazy, even if it was on some duets shit like Biggie had.  Matter of fact, they could atleast talk about the guy more and give him his props and accolades, they don't even do that.  but since Eazy E was WestCoast only and had beef with Dr. Dre and died of AIDS and only had a few records out all of that shit just goes outta tha window.

midwestryder

Impact Of A Legend :
Tracklisting :
01. Intro
02. Eazy 123
03. Cock The 9
04. Switchez
05. The Rev (skit)
06. No More Tears
07. Ruthless Life
08. Still F**kem

3v3ryThing u just wrote was the truth.  RIP Eazy.  What I wanna know is why is there a movie about biggie and pac and now 1 about nwa in the works but there wasn't a movie about Eazy.  Eazy E is THE Godfather of Hip Hop, no1 who has came out since or b4 then can dispute that.  If it wasn't for Eazy, we would just now probably starting to hear cuss words go mainstream in rap music as a "new" way to market Rap towards/for the youth lol.  Yeah, he wasn't the best rapper and maybe u might think he didn't even have the best beats and so what he didn't write ALL of rhymes but 1 thing is FACT, Eazy E started this gangsta shit that everybody's been doin' since since (the style and everything), and it's truely an American Tragedy how his legacy has played out.  

Truthfully, when you're talking about Hip Hop how do u NOT mention Eazy E and talk about what he did for this game.
i agree with you that eazy e needs a movie but i don't agree with what you said about eazy-e being the godfather of hip hop when that is not close to being true . the godfather of hip hop is kool herk. also ice t was doing everything eazy e did way before him.all eazy e did was make gangsta rap famous but it was schooly d & ice t who really started this gangst shit . no we would heard cuss words in mainstream in rap music without eazy -e because of too short ,ice t , & 2 live crew. sorry but it was 2 live crew who was berhind the cussing not eazy in hip hop . see this shows you don't know you history at all  & only go by what main stream media told you . 2 live crew & too short were cussing & making a name before eazy -e . so know your history ,youngster because you don't.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:44:52 AM by midwestryder »

Prof@ssor

Eazy doesn't get the respect Biggie and Pac get because his voice sucks. He wasn't a lyrical genius either.

doggfather

And he didn't wrote his own lirycs...  ::)

BUT HE needs respect, because he was one the creators of gangsta rap!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BiggBoogaBiff

i agree with you that eazy e needs a movie but i don't agree with what you said about eazy-e being the godfather of hip hop when that is not close to being true . the godfather of hip hop is kool herk. also ice t was doing everything eazy e did way before him.all eazy e did was milke gangsta rap famous but it was schooly d & ice t who really started this gangst shit . no we would heard cuss words in mainstream in rap music without eazy -e because of too short ,ice t , & 2 live crew. sorry but it was 2 live crew who was berhind the cussing not eazy in hip hop . see this shows you don't know you history at all  & only go by what main stream media told you . 2 live crew & too short were cussing & making a name before eazy -e . so know your history ,youngster because you don't.
[/quote]

y do u always ASSUME that i'm some new age internet baby that got all of his info from Vh1 and MTV.  stop that shit.

about what u said, u'r right.  i've heard about all of that shit but no1 did it like Eazy did, all that other shit u were talkin about like Ice T and 2 Live Crew sounded like house music with rap and cusswords. 

so do me a favor and stop thinkin that u know me.  i'm not ur son.  and i know i could go on all day about this game and wrap nooses around ur neck without the google.  it would've been much more eazyier to say "actually" instead of that youngster i dont know shit shit.  and if i'm only goin' by wat mainstream media tells me then there's no way in hell that this topic or any other post i make would be out. 

And Eazy was the Godfather too and Kool Herc was the FATHER, so get YOUR shit straight.  Yeah, Cube wrote the nigga rhymes but Eazy put the personality and the voice behind it and had much more of an INFLUENCE (let's not undermine that) than ANY of them niggas u mentioned, whether ur talkin about the homie Short Dogg or Schooly D.  Herc was the Daddy in a sense he actually made the shit, Eazy was the Godfather figure.  that's if you know Your history

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
cry me a river  :'( really, who cares how much respect a dead rapper gets.

He still has enough hardcore groupies like whoorider who write death poems for him.

midwestryder

i agree with you that eazy e needs a movie but i don't agree with what you said about eazy-e being the godfather of hip hop when that is not close to being true . the godfather of hip hop is kool herk. also ice t was doing everything eazy e did way before him.all eazy e did was milke gangsta rap famous but it was schooly d & ice t who really started this gangst shit . no we would heard cuss words in mainstream in rap music without eazy -e because of too short ,ice t , & 2 live crew. sorry but it was 2 live crew who was berhind the cussing not eazy in hip hop . see this shows you don't know you history at all  & only go by what main stream media told you . 2 live crew & too short were cussing & making a name before eazy -e . so know your history ,youngster because you don't.

y do u always ASSUME that i'm some new age internet baby that got all of his info from Vh1 and MTV.  stop that shit.

about what u said, u'r right.  i've heard about all of that shit but no1 did it like Eazy did, all that other shit u were talkin about like Ice T and 2 Live Crew sounded like house music with rap and cusswords.  

so do me a favor and stop thinkin that u know me.  i'm not ur son.  and i know i could go on all day about this game and wrap nooses around ur neck without the google.  it would've been much more eazyier to say "actually" instead of that youngster i dont know shit shit.  and if i'm only goin' by wat mainstream media tells me then there's no way in hell that this topic or any other post i make would be out.  

And Eazy was the Godfather too and Kool Herc was the FATHER, so get YOUR shit straight.  Yeah, Cube wrote the nigga rhymes but Eazy put the personality and the voice behind it and had much more of an INFLUENCE (let's not undermine that) than ANY of them niggas u mentioned, whether ur talkin about the homie Short Dogg or Schooly D.  Herc was the Daddy in a sense he actually made the shit, Eazy was the Godfather figure.  that's if you know Your history
[/quote]see you proved me so right with your igorance of how you think. . kool herc is the only godfather of hip hop . eazy-e was known as godfather gangsta rap & nothing more. eveything you say is bullshit opinion & not a fact at alll .so your thinking comes off like igonorant new schoooler & that is why you get treated they way you do by me/ sorry but you are so wrong about too short or 2 live crew not having as much influence as eazy e. see you are overratting eazy when you say that . too short & 2 live had the same amount of influence as EAZY e  & that is fact.alsostoo short madxe cuss word famous not eazy e at all .so get shit striaght becuse you are the one wrong . i have been listening & living hip ho since 1982 . so that means i  know more then you & seen it up close compared to you . ice t's music never sounded like house music with rap and cusswords. this jsut proves you are full of shit . ice t was original gansta rap style & west coast sound.also i never called you my son ,stupid ass . sorry but i do know you by what you write & it shows you don't know anything at all. that is fact you are going to have deal with . only stupid ignorant new schooler who only listen to main stream would write what you write . so save it ,youngster. eazy-e's music was never him anyways who was behind any of it .
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:01:00 AM by midwestryder »

BiggBoogaBiff

see you proved me so right with your igorance of how you think. . kool herc is the only godfather of hip hop . eazy-e was known as godfather gangsta rap & nothing more. eveything you say is bullshit opinion & not a fact at alll .so your thinking comes off like igonorant new schoooler & that is why you get treated they way you do by me/ sorry but you are so wrong about too short or 2 live crew not having as much influence as eazy e. see you are overratting eazy when you say that . too short & 2 live had the same amount of influence as EAZY e  & that is fact.alsostoo short madxe cuss word famous not eazy e at all .so get shit striaght becuse you are the one wrong . i have been listening & living hip ho since 1982 . so that means i  know more then you & seen it up close compared to you . ice t's music never sounded like house music with rap and cusswords. this jsut proves you are full of shit . ice t was original gansta rap style & west coast sound.also i never called you my son ,stupid ass . sorry but i do know you by what you write & it shows you don't know anything at all. that is fact you are going to have deal with . only stupid ignorant new schooler who only listen to main stream would write what you write . so save it ,youngster. eazy-e's music was never him anyways who was behind any of it .
______________________________________________________________________________________________-

no i'm sorry, your wrong about all of that shit.  i'm just gonna leave it at my nigga Eazy was at the White House (so who had the bigger influence) and Ice T's music did sound like some funky ass ghetto techno i dont care wat u say, it was Hip Hop but definitely TOO house influenced. http://www.amazon.com/Rhyme-Pays-Ice-T/dp/B000002LC6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272985905&sr=8-8

*EDIT:  and let's not forget that BOTH of those albums (Rhyme Pays & Eazy Duz It) were both recorded and released around the same time in 1986 and 1987 so don't go jumpin' ahead of urself tryin' 2 make me look dumb.  i'm not a target.  And yeah right now i just googled this but Schoolly D came out in 86' nigga, around the same time as them also.  I think $hort came out in like 83' with his first tape and it wasn't even soundin' like tha shit he started makin' after Freaky Tales if i'm not mistaken and if I am it still doesn't make me wrong about Eazy.  $hort didn't even really get poppin' poppin' til the late 80's.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:21:42 AM by Hi, my name is RadioTube! and JayDc is my stan »

Jaydc

he didnt write his own songs,he was a mediocre rapper and he gets as much respect as he deserves.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
he didnt write his own songs,he was a mediocre rapper and he gets as much respect as he deserves.
not really.

i hope you were just being sarcastic here

midwestryder

see you proved me so right with your igorance of how you think. . kool herc is the only godfather of hip hop . eazy-e was known as godfather gangsta rap & nothing more. eveything you say is bullshit opinion & not a fact at alll .so your thinking comes off like igonorant new schoooler & that is why you get treated they way you do by me/ sorry but you are so wrong about too short or 2 live crew not having as much influence as eazy e. see you are overratting eazy when you say that . too short & 2 live had the same amount of influence as EAZY e  & that is fact.alsostoo short madxe cuss word famous not eazy e at all .so get shit striaght becuse you are the one wrong . i have been listening & living hip ho since 1982 . so that means i  know more then you & seen it up close compared to you . ice t's music never sounded like house music with rap and cusswords. this jsut proves you are full of shit . ice t was original gansta rap style & west coast sound.also i never called you my son ,stupid ass . sorry but i do know you by what you write & it shows you don't know anything at all. that is fact you are going to have deal with . only stupid ignorant new schooler who only listen to main stream would write what you write . so save it ,youngster. eazy-e's music was never him anyways who was behind any of it .
______________________________________________________________________________________________-

no i'm sorry, your wrong about all of that shit.  i'm just gonna leave it at my nigga Eazy was at the White House (so who had the bigger influence) and Ice T's music did sound like some funky ass ghetto techno i dont care wat u say, it was Hip Hop but definitely TOO house influenced. http://www.amazon.com/Rhyme-Pays-Ice-T/dp/B000002LC6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272985905&sr=8-8

*EDIT:  and let's not forget that BOTH of those albums (Rhyme Pays & Eazy Duz It) were both recorded and released around the same time in 1986 and 1987 so don't go jumpin' ahead of urself tryin' 2 make me look dumb.  i'm not a target.  And yeah right now i just googled this but Schoolly D came out in 86' nigga, around the same time as them also.  I think $hort came out in like 83' with his first tape and it wasn't even soundin' like tha shit he started makin' after Freaky Tales if i'm not mistaken and if I am it still doesn't make me wrong about Eazy.  $hort didn't even really get poppin' poppin' til the late 80's.
see you prove me right because you don't know that facts . i go by facts not opinions like you . so what if eazy e went to white house that don't make you godfather of hip hop at all  & also does not mean eazy had bigger influence. to be godfather of hip hop, you have to been the one who started hip hop & there is only one man that did that . that is KOOL Herc!. without kool herc there would be no hip hop or eazy e at all .  Rhyme Pays & Eazy Duz It were not made at same time at all. get your facts straight .  ice t's rhyme pays was made in 1986 & released in 1987 . while eazy-e's eazy duz it was made in 1988 & release in 1988 . so you are wrong again as normal .  yes ,schooly was out 86 . 2 years before eazy came out & 1 year before ice t came out . ice t & dr dre both have said schooly d started gansta rap & you don't know better then them at all.  go watch chronic relit DVD & you will be told . i am not at all jumpin'ahead of myself,tryin' 2 make you look dumb . you are do that to yourself not me . too short first big label album was born to mack & it came out in 1987 before eazy e's first album.   yes one year does matter alot & means eazy e did not start shit at all . instead eazy e jumped on bandwagoon called gansta rao     $hort didn't even really get poppin' poppin' til the late 80's?  so what eazy did not getting poping to late 80's too . so what . too short made the word bitch famous before eazy had album out.so your arewrong about eazy-e . sorry to hurt you feeling but your are 100% wrong & don't know the facts at alll. by that is shows your age & it means that you are not old enought to even know what your are talking about at all. stop overratting eazy-e . so face the facts you are wrong .