Author Topic: Game says Dre's Role is UNCLEAR on R.E.D. Album. SMH  (Read 3253 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Game says Dre's Role is UNCLEAR on R.E.D. Album. SMH
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
Saying gucci mane has 9 songs better then illmatic kills souls,it doesnt enlightem them.Go back to finger painting.

all u wanted to do was talk to me.  yeah i said that 2 years ago but i only said that bcuz y'all on here couldn't get past the fact that there was new music today (from whoever) that could compete with the music of yesterday.  stop being my hater-groupie and grow up.  stop stalking me for my attention.  shit is ridiculous foreal, i ignore u and u keep going.  ur pretty much done after this.  let's play a game; let's see if i give a fuck about whatchu have 2 say.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
Truthfully, Detox isn't even all that serious anymore, Dre is tryna pull a Quincy Jones and make a mega hit when he's 50 (or around that age), but fact is that could never really happen.  Dr. Dre isn't Dr. Dre anymore and yeah the people will always be talking (how could u not) but it really won't matter; they won't get their R.O.I with that album (and i mean that in more ways than just in terms of sales).  FACT:  The Aftermath machine is getting weaker and weaker.  
Calling "opinions" facts does not actually make them so.

Muhfukka

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 10:52:33 AM »
Reading radiotubes posts kills brain cells.
you dont have many brain cells to begin with if you read more than two sentences of any of his posts

Jaydc

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
I actually dont read any of his posts,but I should theirs always a few nuggets of absolute moronic hilarity rivaling lights posts in each one.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
Truthfully, Detox isn't even all that serious anymore, Dre is tryna pull a Quincy Jones and make a mega hit when he's 50 (or around that age), but fact is that could never really happen.  Dr. Dre isn't Dr. Dre anymore and yeah the people will always be talking (how could u not) but it really won't matter; they won't get their R.O.I with that album (and i mean that in more ways than just in terms of sales).  FACT:  The Aftermath machine is getting weaker and weaker.  
Calling "opinions" facts does not actually make them so.

u really think it's possible that Dre pulls another "Nothin' But A G Thang" again.  U actually think he's gonna get all the old and young people dancing in the club and bumpin in the streets and living by his music like the bible just like The Chronic did or Straight Outta Compton did.  I don't think so.  I think it's possible for Dre to have another good run with a bomb ass big single, yeah, of course i do,  but he'll fade out quicker than u can blink.  I'm tellin' u, 6 months after Detox drops it'll look what Jay is doing with The Blueprint 3 right now.  Yeah it's hot, yeah he's got tha hit singles, yeah he's got this and that but once that 7 month hits people will be thinking about something else.  it's guaranteed.  

see the difference with Detox is compared to 2001 or even The Chronic is that Dre had something HUGE to follow it up with with Snoop and Eminem and but who's on Aftermath that people are really looking forward too, see they are what helped Dre get to where he's at and not neccessarily the other way around.  It's damn sure not gonna be Slim, it was never Bishop (even tho Bishop was that nigga for a second, atleast in my eyes), and it's damn sure not any of the other talent on the roster.  Dre has no follow up with Detox, nothing good anyway, the only way Dre could pull another "DeathRow" with Detox is to release all of the other good music recorded for Detox with his ex-roster with tracks with Dre featuring Rakim, Eve, Busta, and so on.  That sir isn't opinion, it's fact.  That's how Dre works and has always worked (new artist promo/tracks/buzz (Deep Cover, My Name Is) - new Dr. Dre album - new mega artist album (Doggystyle, SSLP).  Trust me, i dont wanna sound like a nut hugger but i've been following this man's career and body of work since i was born.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:03:15 AM by Doobie Roach »

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
I like how you're a fan of older music now. When you first came here you didn't give a shit about 90s rap and your favorite rapper was Gucci Mane.

i guess that's the RadioTube! joke.  i don't like anything old and i've stuck 2 my story since day 1 that Gucci is the Goat.  lol.  i guess... but seriously tho, that shit is pretty wack and inaccurate.  plz address me correctly and leave tha sarcasm elsewhere... thanks

but as far as what Pere is talking about, you just haven't been n tune long enuff to understand i guess.  Interscope is assuming that people will Kiss Ass bcuz Dr. Dre's name is involved in it so they play this game of new Dre music since people can't get enuff and they make it SEEM as if there is something there when in reality it's most likely possible that there's nothing there at all.  I don't know what you're smokin but you're just making excuses to keep this thing alive in your mind that Dr. Dre is gonna come back and save Hip Hop and restore it to it's purest form when in reality IF it does come out it'll be extremely commercialized like a Scorsesie movie with all of the top acts and it won't be anything close to what you're imagining about Detox, the album will be about as commercial as u can get.  And that's IF it comes out.  

Interscope ain't stupid, they're absolutely aware but they DONT CARE, this is what they want.  They want people to talk and debate about it all day, debate about the truthfulness and what's needed for the secret ingredient of a classic album (like we're doing now).  That's the whole game, and yes, it was promo for T.I., what you think outta the blue TI and Dre just happened to hook up right b4 TIP went to jail and that's all it was, it's funny how we haven't heard anything new since then, not even a peep about TI's contribution to Detox, it was what it was and nothing more, no new tracks no new photos no new anything, all of a sudden it's Dre/Jay and not Dre/TI or Dre/Snoop (it's all Hype my brotha, all hype).  I'm sure Dre has tunes lined up for decades as far as the work for his solo material is concerned but it still doesn't change the fact that it's not here yet and you're waiting on an imaginary album of 12 tracks when he's completed probably thousands since the start.  I think ur living with a blind faith more than me (or anybody) is living with the theories of detox.  

Aftermath/Detox is all gas.  Aftermath might as well change it's name from "Aftermath Entertainment" to "Detox Productions".  What you've heard Dre release over these years since the start of the talk of Detox don't get no better than what you've heard.  all of this talk about "oh it's not mixed right" or "dre didn't like it" or "it's not finished" is just an excuse.  IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN WHAT YOU'VE ALREADY HEARD.  Dre may be saving his best work for himself but how much better/more unique can Dr. Dre's sound get.  It's Ghetto Techno Funk Orchestra music, and it's not even all that Ghetto anymore.  You've heard what's it's gonna sound like thru BISD, Relapse, and everything else that's out.  Dre isn't about to come out with a completely new sound and formula except for the fact that'll it'll be more glittery.  Like i said it's all gas.  The real reason y Game said "dre's role is unclear" is bcuz Dre didn't like the responses from the people (and maybe the music too lol) and dissassociated with himself bcuz the people didn't deem it classic.  Dr. Dre is a cheater and will do anything to keep his name in an elite type of light, and selling the dream of Detox is just 1 way of doing it if u can see clearly.  

you know what - i got kinda tired of those detox discussions.. ppl specualte, tell their theorys, but i dont see no sense of it now.. everybody gotta admit that we have no idea whats dre plan bout 'detox' - of course we can speculate, we can say whats more logic, whats more realistic to happen, but that wont go nowhere, we wont find out the truth, i got mine theory bout 'detox' same as everybody, and im not goin to tell you or anybody else what to believe.. i dont give up my theorys, i just quit the overall discussion bout 'detox' album conception.. ;)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »
you know what - i got kinda tired of those detox discussions.. ppl specualte, tell their theorys, but i dont see no sense of it now.. everybody gotta admit that we have no idea whats dre plan bout 'detox' - of course we can speculate, we can say whats more logic, whats more realistic to happen, but that wont go nowhere, we wont find out the truth, i got mine theory bout 'detox' same as everybody, and im not goin to tell you or anybody else what to believe.. i dont give up my theorys, i just quit the overall discussion bout 'detox' album conception.. ;)

lol, see that's what we're trying to say.  that's all it is homie, it's nothing but talk and gas.  that's all it's really ever been.  something should've spawned or leaked by now, it's just too much bullshit and time in between 4 it not to be.  what you just said is really the truth about Detox.  It's all people's imagination.  but ur right tho, the theories and opinions are kinda at an all time senselessness at this point.  i mean, it's really not all that hard to tell that it's nothn more than what we've been getting.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:12:36 AM by Doobie Roach »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
u really think it's possible that Dre pulls another "Nothin' But A G Thang" again.  U actually think he's gonna get all the old and young people dancing in the club and bumpin in the streets and living by his music like the bible just like The Chronic did or Straight Outta Compton did.  I don't think so.  I think it's possible for Dre to have another good run with a bomb ass big single, yeah, of course i do,  but he'll fade out quicker than u can blink.  I'm tellin' u, 6 months after Detox drops it'll look what Jay is doing with The Blueprint 3 right now.  Yeah it's hot, yeah he's got tha hit singles, yeah he's got this and that but once that 7 month hits people will be thinking about something else.  it's guaranteed.  

see the difference with Detox is compared to 2001 or even The Chronic is that Dre had something HUGE to follow it up with with Snoop and Eminem and but who's on Aftermath that people are really looking forward too, see they are what helped Dre get to where he's at and not neccessarily the other way around.  It's damn sure not gonna be Slim, it was never Bishop (even tho Bishop was that nigga for a second, atleast in my eyes), and it's damn sure not any of the other talent on the roster.  Dre has no follow up with Detox, nothing good anyway, the only way Dre could pull another "DeathRow" with Detox is to release all of the other good music recorded for Detox with his ex-roster with tracks with Dre featuring Rakim, Eve, Busta, and so on.  That sir isn't opinion, it's fact.  That's how Dre works and has always worked (new artist promo/tracks/buzz (Deep Cover, My Name Is) - new Dr. Dre album - new mega artist album (Doggystyle, SSLP).  Trust me, i dont wanna sound like a nut hugger but i've been following this man's career and body of work since i was born.  
Dre doesn't have to pull another "G Thang" out the hat. And while I realize the potential possibiltiy of Detox being a critical flop, at least with how the fans receive it, I don't consider it a foregon conclusion or fact or guarantee.

And for the record, the "new mega artist album" that was Slim Shady LP actually dropped BEFORE the "new Dr. Dre album" that was 2001. Yes, we've become acustomed to accepting the formula as a set-in-stone business model but every now and again, it changes. I really don't buy facts and guarantees based on Interent hersay. It was supposed to be a wrap for Aftermath years ago but they still manage to be here. And 6 months on Detox, I'd call a poor guess. It took a lot of people longer than that to come around on "2001". We'll see what happens.

I also fail to see how compiling old music from the Aftermath vaults will help Dre pull another "Death Row".

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2010, 12:31:12 PM »
Dre doesn't have to pull another "G Thang" out the hat. And while I realize the potential possibiltiy of Detox being a critical flop, at least with how the fans receive it, I don't consider it a foregon conclusion or fact or guarantee.

And for the record, the "new mega artist album" that was Slim Shady LP actually dropped BEFORE the "new Dr. Dre album" that was 2001. Yes, we've become acustomed to accepting the formula as a set-in-stone business model but every now and again, it changes. I really don't buy facts and guarantees based on Interent hersay. It was supposed to be a wrap for Aftermath years ago but they still manage to be here. And 6 months on Detox, I'd call a poor guess. It took a lot of people longer than that to come around on "2001". We'll see what happens.

I also fail to see how compiling old music from the Aftermath vaults will help Dre pull another "Death Row".

stop trying to find a reason y i'm wrong (not to say u ONLY have to listen to what i'm sayin) but it sounds like ur just tryna look at it from a different angle than what it really is.  and DUH the album dropped b4 2001, that was the whole scheme (the Deep Cover soundtrack was the Prequel to The Chronic, if u don't count the NWA material, but the only thing was it was just a single instead of an album).  That formula doesn't change up and it hasn't changed up.  That's why it's taking so long (as far as Dre even thinking about releasing something).  No1 is there to give him that "fresh breathe of air brand new" momentum again like the debuts of Snoop and Eminem, which is why "The Recovery" is coming out b4 we even hear/get anything new from Detox, i don't really think that was the game plan, not like how it's unfolding anyways, they way they're tryna put Detox in2 play and all of sudden we get an Eminem album.

Think about it, there's no1 there either to give Dre that AfterShock like Tha Dogg Pound or G Unit did too.  I can't forsee Hayes getting any real burn without Dre/Timbo paying people big $$$ to play his music and put him in the limelight and on the single (which is ALL THEY care about).  There's ABSOLUTELY no REAL MAJOR Buzz on that nigga and he's been around long enuff and has put in enuff work to make people decide on whether he's gonna be tha next big thing or not (trust me, u would KNOW by now).  No1 talks about this guy except on the internet, and agree with it or not but that's pretty much a fact too.  And what makes it even worse is that he has the TWO biggest Producers and labels behind him and I don't see anybody knocking down any walls or throwing temper tantrums like they did for let's say 50 Cent or even Bishop Lamont 4 that matter.  *not hatin' just sayin*

*and 4 tha record, u c that that NEW interview from Hayes hasn't even reached 400 views yet (i havent even bothered to care to read it), shit like that tells u alot especially between all of the members AND guests on here everyday or even weekly and monthly, it can't be poppin' better than that on the other sites either*
but i can say without a doubt i would love to see Hayes write a song or two or whatever for Dre on Detox, that would be good.  of course some1 else would have 2 write that hook tho lol, i can't really remember off the top a good hook that Hayes laid down that made me go like damn, that shit is crazy... i guess maybe the verses he was spittin' turned me off a little, idk.

That 3 headed monster turned out to be a 2-Headed Goose.  U know once after this new Eminem album drops we won't be hearing anything new from Aftermath until the NEXT Eminem or Game album comes out or if the off chance Dre finds another new Overnight MegaSuperStar Protege' again which is highly unlikely.  This shit isn't "Internet Hear-Say", this is what it's become, a joke-a lie- a myth- a marketing tool- and a game all which is based upon the public's perception, theories, imagination, and demand.  

I guess I didn't word that "DeathRow" comment right.  I was pretty much saying that if Dre wants that GodFather everything I touch turns in2 gold again, he would have to go back in2 tha Aftermath Vaults and pull out all of the Classic/Best music from the best artist like Eve, Stat, Ortiz, etc and then release it all as "new" music.  That way all that "new" old music will sound fresh and give Aftermath that same aura all over again that they once had or that DeathRow used to have.  IF it's actually that good.

But the overall issue isn't how good the music is gonna be or how critically acclaimed it's gonna be or how people on dubcc or whever feel about it and damn sure not what it's gonna sell, naw none of that shit.  The real issue is it's authenticity, is it really a real album or is Detox just something that Dre/Interscope uses to promote their brand.  FACT:  WestCoast artist actually led the way in the digital age music movement (Crooked I, Glasses Malone, etc), Dr. Dre isn't any different.  i mean how long are you guys gonna actually sit around and think "Boss Music" and "The Beach Cruiser" is real, it's all lies.  Those albums are already out, they're just spead out thru different mixtapes and guest verses.  The beats and SONGS (which i won't doubt) for Detox (which is said from the horses mouth) has/was all given to the Aftermath artist for their albums, what makes u think he stopped doin that just bcuz all of this time has gone by and now this nigga finally learnt how 2 use a camera and work the masses thru the computer instead of just the music.  It's nothing more than just a selling/buzz tool for their brand.  

IF it were to come out it would probably be just some shit he made like maybe 1 or 2 years before up until that time.  Dre knows what he's doing and what he's capable of and I'm pretty sure the man knows what he wants.  And people talking about him is all he cares about bcuz "once they stop talking...".  I say just release the shit, all of the shit, it doesn't really matter at this point.  it's Aftermath, i'm sure it'll be pretty good no matter what... even if the tracks aren't "completed" by Dre's standards (whatever that is).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:16:42 PM by Doobie Roach »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
stop trying to find a reason y i'm wrong (not to say u ONLY have to listen to what i'm sayin) but it sounds like ur just tryna look at it from a different angle than what it really is.  

I don't have to find one. It's there. You're putting out opinions and calling them facts. They aren't facts. They are predictions.

I guess I didn't word that "DeathRow" comment right.  I was pretty much saying that if Dre wants that GodFather everything I touch turns in2 gold again, he would have to go back in2 tha Aftermath Vaults and pull out all of the Classic/Best music from the best artist like Eve, Stat, Ortiz, etc and then release it all as "new" music.  That way all that "new" old music will sound fresh and give Aftermath that same aura all over again that they once had or that DeathRow used to have.  IF it's actually that good.
Five-year-old vault music from Eve and Stat Quo isn't going to return Dre to anything. If people get told ahead of time that it's from 2005-06, some Internet folks with hard-ons for that kind of shit might jump on it but other than that, nothing much would change. Fans run hot and cold on this shit. When 2001 was first hitting shelves, they wanted Chronic Death Row shit. When G-Unit and Game were making waves, they wanted Hittman and the cats he was working with from the 2001 period. Now, everybody says they need it to be like such and such. "Detox" will sell what it will sell regardless unless they drop the wackest single imaginable and even then the Dre Stans and detractors will still eat it up equally.

[

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 01:33:28 AM »
stop trying to find a reason y i'm wrong (not to say u ONLY have to listen to what i'm sayin) but it sounds like ur just tryna look at it from a different angle than what it really is.  

I don't have to find one. It's there. You're putting out opinions and calling them facts. They aren't facts. They are predictions.

I guess I didn't word that "DeathRow" comment right.  I was pretty much saying that if Dre wants that GodFather everything I touch turns in2 gold again, he would have to go back in2 tha Aftermath Vaults and pull out all of the Classic/Best music from the best artist like Eve, Stat, Ortiz, etc and then release it all as "new" music.  That way all that "new" old music will sound fresh and give Aftermath that same aura all over again that they once had or that DeathRow used to have.  IF it's actually that good.
Five-year-old vault music from Eve and Stat Quo isn't going to return Dre to anything. If people get told ahead of time that it's from 2005-06, some Internet folks with hard-ons for that kind of shit might jump on it but other than that, nothing much would change. Fans run hot and cold on this shit. When 2001 was first hitting shelves, they wanted Chronic Death Row shit. When G-Unit and Game were making waves, they wanted Hittman and the cats he was working with from the 2001 period. Now, everybody says they need it to be like such and such. "Detox" will sell what it will sell regardless unless they drop the wackest single imaginable and even then the Dre Stans and detractors will still eat it up equally.

[

didn't read any of radiotube's essays but cosign this

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
hahahahahaha, this is fucking funny.. :D
Hope it will end up like the doctors advocate, cus that album was the bomb.....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

DonJuanEscobar

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
Dr. Dre's career is over,
over, everybody get a life now!

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
This isn't important enough to get its own thread, so I'm just going to throw it down here:

apparently dr. dre did a remix to chicken grease (by D'Angelo) that was never released???

I can only imagine how good that one must be.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2010, 07:59:47 PM »
This isn't important enough to get its own thread, so I'm just going to throw it down here:

apparently dr. dre did a remix to chicken grease (by D'Angelo) that was never released???

I can only imagine how good that one must be.

it's probably 1 of those Dre beats that sound something like "family affair" in terms of the commericialness.  i doubt if it was a 20sack of crack that Dre be doin' at times.  could be, but i doubt it, we woulda heard it by now.  maybe it's just something some1 posted years ago that had no truth to it, shit like that does happen.