Author Topic: Do you agree with this quote?  (Read 1015 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Do you agree with this quote?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
^bigger name, without question; but more kids recognize him as an actor than a rapper lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
What kills me about the Budden situation is that he was just naturally commenting on it and everyone else got their feelings hurt.  If you watch the original video his intention was never to diss anyone, he just said he was better than them and thought he deserved a higher ranking.  He had issue with the merits of how they chose to rank people but Method Man got his feeling tied up like a bitch.  

Of course, Budden was also being a bitch.  You don't tell other people to diss you.  You diss them.  It's silly that way.

At the same time it's obvious Wu can't hold a torch to Budden today, or at least of them can't, because they didn't go into the booth and handle it like that.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
in answer to the original question - yeah, i definitely agree with it

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »
^bigger name, without question; but more kids recognize him as an actor than a rapper lol.

I bet you he'll still sell more than Slaughterhouse combined

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 11:23:26 PM »
Cube may not be mainstream anymore but he's still way bigger than Budden.
He's definitely STILL mainstream. The acting and movie/TV producing is keeping him relevant but he can still perform his music on a mainstream stage when the time comes up. Let's not confuse the fact that he's not on a major label with the idea that he's not still in the public eye on a mainstream level.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
Cube can sell out his own concert tours. Budden? lol. I don't know what Cham is smoking saying that.

ikke

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 01:12:14 AM »
Not Really, Go to church was pretty big

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:58 AM »
Cube may not be mainstream anymore but he's still way bigger than Budden.
He's definitely STILL mainstream. The acting and movie/TV producing is keeping him relevant but he can still perform his music on a mainstream stage when the time comes up. Let's not confuse the fact that he's not on a major label with the idea that he's not still in the public eye on a mainstream level.
yeah

Jaydc

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
^yes.

Ice Cube is as far from the mainstream game as Budden & Budden has one million times the online support that Ice Cube does.

people who i didn't think really knew about Hip Hop like that knew about the Budden/Wu beef; but i'm sure they don't even know who Jay Rock is lol.

Ice Cube has a million times the attention that Budden does. He does tv appearances talking about his albums. Budden makes vlogs that only this forum talks about. Cube started writing blogs and everyone and their mama talks about them. Cube may not be mainstream anymore but he's still way bigger than Budden.

Your joking right?Budden is easily the most talked about rapper on the internet.In fact his forum is a lot bigger then most,the most this forum had online at once is what 300 people?His forum regurarly has that many people on at once.How do you think that whole wu tang thing started?Joe made one of his videos saying he was better then some rappers on vibes list and it blew way the fuck out of proportion.People love watching his videos just waiting for something controversial from him.Thats just straight ignorant if you think only people on here care about Joe budden,hes the number one internet rapper,not thats worth much lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »
some of you underestimate the power of the internet.

that's pretty old; but fine, Pump It Up was easily 100 times as big.

I bet you he'll still sell more than Slaughterhouse combined

probably, but look who you're talking to; fair to say i'm a pretty huge fan of their music & i don't have any one of their albums, but i have Laugh Now, Cry Later.

Cube has a more old school fan base, 40 year olds who are more likely to go to the store & cop it rather than Slaughterhouses' online fan bases with a majority of college kid fans who aren't going to spend money on an album when there is a thread on the website they are on, staring them in the face saying "Download 'Slaughterhouse' here".

Cube is only relevant in terms of TV; he drops an album every couple of years, his groupies call it "life altering" & the rest of us realize it's just a solid album, with some dope tracks & he moves on, we move on, we kind of forget about the album.

Joe Budden? he's recognized 100% as a rapper with the largest online fan base. Ice Cube? half of the people recognize him as a rapper, the other see him as an actor.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
Clearly if Cube sells more and is the bigger artist it means he's more relevant. I don't see how you can think otherwise.

Also, lol @ you bringing up Pump It Up. A song from 7 years ago has little bearing on Joe Budden's relevancy today. That has been his sole "hit" and he's more of a one-hit wonder than anything. If you want to go back that far then we might as well bring up Ice Cube's whole discography: legend status.

Don't get me wrong, relevancy has nothing to do with the quality of music. Soulja Boy is/was more relevant than both but I think we can admit he's complete trash. But you gotta be completely stanning to think Budden is more relevant than Ice Cube. How much did his last album sell? Exactly. End of discussion.

ikke

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:55 AM »

that's pretty old; but fine, Pump It Up was easily 100 times as big.
Wasn't talking about budden.
People our generation still reconize Cube as a rapper first.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
Clearly if Cube sells more and is the bigger artist it means he's more relevant. I don't see how you can think otherwise.

Also, lol @ you bringing up Pump It Up. A song from 7 years ago has little bearing on Joe Budden's relevancy today. That has been his sole "hit" and he's more of a one-hit wonder than anything. If you want to go back that far then we might as well bring up Ice Cube's whole discography: legend status.

Don't get me wrong, relevancy has nothing to do with the quality of music. Soulja Boy is/was more relevant than both but I think we can admit he's complete trash. But you gotta be completely stanning to think Budden is more relevant than Ice Cube. How much did his last album sell? Exactly. End of discussion.

i only brought up Pump It Up because somebody made it seem like "Go To Church" was on some "Lollipop/Candyshop" status lol.

Budden is clearly more relevant that Ice Cube; Ice Cube is not relevant at all as a rapper, unless your 30 years old, angry at the state of Hip Hop, stuck in the past & bank on Ice Cube to drop an album that will "change the game".

how did you skip over the whole fan base thing? Cube's fans by albums; have you ever seen pictures from a Slaughterhouse concert? it's not only majority white, but 90% of the audience is between the ages of 17-23; kids today just don't cop albums.

Slaugherhouse just signed to Shady, so all those stans wll quickly jump on them too; but that's just something to keep in mind for the future, it's an irrelevant fact here.

& it's not just stanning Budden or Slaughterhouse, it's just a fact; plenty of guys who don't have mainstream success are still more relevant that Cube because of the internet.

the rest of Slaughterhouse for example, Tech N9ne, Immortal Technique, Chamillionaire.

Ice Cube is just living on his legacy in terms of Hip Hop; yeah, maybe some talks arise when he's about to drop an album, but a month after the album drops, it's already long gone & forgetten.

nothing against Ice Cube, he's just irrelevant in 2010.

Muhfukka

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »

Budden is clearly more relevant that Ice Cube; Ice Cube is not relevant at all as a rapper, unless your 30 years old, angry at the state of Hip Hop, stuck in the past & bank on Ice Cube to drop an album that will "change the game".

hahaha im far from an ice cube stan but this is straight up ridiculous

Jaydc

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 12:07:19 PM »
Joe Budden has carved out a nice nichè in hip hop and has a dedicated fan base,but niether artist is relevant in the mainstream.That could change with the shady deal but it probably wont.