Author Topic: Do you agree with this quote?  (Read 1062 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Do you agree with this quote?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »
put it like this, cube's old shit is stillmore relevant today than budden will ever be

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
Ice cubes legacy far overshadows budden,its not even close lol.But joe budden in 2010 is better then ice cube in 2010.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »
But joe budden in 2010 is better then ice cube in 2010.

i'd agree with that in a second, but you don't even have to take it there.

Joe Budden is more relevant than Ice Cube in 2010; you can even let them decide who they think is better, it doesn't matter.

Ice Cube will drop his next album, a few of you will spaz out like it's a classic, two weeks will go by & you'll forget it's even on your iPod & then there will be another two year period where you see Ice Cube in a movie or on TV & wonder if he's making a new Friday movie or Barbershop 3; NOT when he's dropping a new album, NOT that he's a rapper; but about his acting.

Muhfukka

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
chamilitary youre usually cool but whenever you talk about budden you sound like a whiny bitch

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »
But joe budden in 2010 is better then ice cube in 2010.

i'd agree with that in a second, but you don't even have to take it there.

Joe Budden is more relevant than Ice Cube in 2010; you can even let them decide who they think is better, it doesn't matter.

Ice Cube will drop his next album, a few of you will spaz out like it's a classic, two weeks will go by & you'll forget it's even on your iPod & then there will be another two year period where you see Ice Cube in a movie or on TV & wonder if he's making a new Friday movie or Barbershop 3; NOT when he's dropping a new album, NOT that he's a rapper; but about his acting.

are you serious? It's hard to take you seriously when you make such moronic statements. Budden's last album sold like what, a couple thousand copies? I don't hear anyone talking about his last albums, or even his next one. Cube obviously isn't going to drop anymore classic albums, but neither is Budden, much less have anyone talk about them. Neither Budden or Cube are relevant in today's game, but when you compare them its not even close. You don't even have to look at Cube's classic discography. His albums from Laugh Now Cry Later on have gotten a million times more attention than anything Budden has done. Cube does shows where he is the headliner. Budden can't even carry a concert by himself for Christ's sake. Cube is still more relevant than the whole of Slaughterhouse, let alone Budden. This could possibly change if they sign with Eminem and get a major label album out, but as of this moment Cube is more relevant than anyone in Slaughterhouse. That should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Jaydc

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
padded room sold over 30 000 copies.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »
padded room sold over 30 000 copies.

There you go. End topic.

Jaydc

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »
30 000 copies is damn impressive considering its independant.But,again,both arent relevant in the mainstream today.

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
And buddens first album went gold.Hes not some unkown rapper hes a well known person.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
Wow I never knew doing movie roles affects how relevant you are in music. So if Joe Budden is offered a movie role, his credibility as a hip hop artist is compromised? So to "keep it real" artists should turn down all movie roles?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
30 000 copies is damn impressive considering its independant.But,again,both arent relevant in the mainstream today.

I agree. But the issue was that Cham said Budden is more relevant than Cube, which is a ridiculous thing to say. And honestly, who gives a fuck if Budden had a gold album 7 years ago? I don't think you understand the meaning of relevancy.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
I love it when in my 1st post I said "OFFTOPIC: This is why Meth should've answered Budden"...

now ..maybe a day later this thread is Cube vs. Budden popularity contest.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
i want to know why Cube is more relevant.

all i'm reading is, "you're crazy, Cube is more relevant".

what's the most major form of communication/passing information/most worldwide thing? the internet. whose got the most attention on the internet? Joe Budden.

just because you turn the TV on & they are talking about Cube (the actor) & you may have never heard Joe Budden's name mentioned once on TV, doesn't automatically make Cube more relevant.

Wow I never knew doing movie roles affects how relevant you are in music.

yeah, that's news to me lol.

anyway, it's a pointless argument because in the end Lil' Wayne & every other guy on the radio is more relevant; but it's whatever.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »
a) No way Budden has got the most attention on the internet b) since when does internet buzz=sales. Internet buzz is nothing, everybody can have one.

ikke

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
i want to know why Cube is more relevant.

all i'm reading is, "you're crazy, Cube is more relevant".

what's the most major form of communication/passing information/most worldwide thing? the internet. whose got the most attention on the internet? Joe Budden.
Except Budden is only listened to by a hardcore fanbase (Hated by the rest) when every hip-hop head checks for Ice Cube records