Author Topic: Do you agree with this quote?  (Read 1049 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Do you agree with this quote?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
Buddens is wack period, no matter what you wanna say and no matter how u feel, the fact remains is that the nigga is still WACK AS SHIT and will put u to sleep after track 3 on his album.... FACT.

Ice Cube on the other hand isn't Cube from 94'.  Ice Cube in fact really IS just an actor like LL Cool J and Will Smith has become but the difference with Ice Cube is that he's Ice Cube, the wrong nigga 2 fuck wit (he just uses albums for promo, like Dre does with Detox and all of the million other artist do).  That whole NWA Family Tree is dead now anyways, Snoop Dogg/Bone Thugs/MC Ren/Ice Cube/ and so on.  Yeah, they are all STILL my niggaz and I will ALWAYS love and support them niggaz and show love and defend em but these niggas are done.  Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/Ren/Yella should all come together and drop a curtain call album (the last official album from any of them) and call it a day.  Snoop should just team up Tha Dogg Pound (w/ Soopa, Rage, X, and Tray Deee) and have it produced TOP to Bottom by Dre, Quik, Daz, Sam Sneed, and Soopa and leave it at that.  And all of the rest of them niggaz need 2 fall back.  Get Bone Thugs back with UNeek and Yella and some other TIGHT ASS BOMB producer and leave that "they wanna be like Bone" shit at tha door and get back 2 that real shit, gangsta shit (which i personally prefer) or not and call it a day.  

Slaughterhouse is tight but really it should've only been 3 members (royce, crooked, ortiz) and have like maybe a home-team producer for them.  Luckily tho, they are kinda like the only artist that matter (i'm talking about tha whole NWA Family Tree which includes Slaughterhouse bcuz of Crooked/Royce/Ortiz and of course NWA- well only Dre mainly, but i ain't sayin Cube is wack tho).  They're kinda lucky i guess, bcuz without them Hip Hop in Today's world wouldn't matter as much, even if their newer shit is extremely wacker than they old shit (or not up 2 par).  

Buddens is garbage and if ur putting him in a side debate about ANYTHING that has 2 do with Ice Cube you're pretty much stanning HEAVY if ur even on Joey's side slightly.  Yeah Buddens is more of a technical lyricist but that doesn't mean he's better.  Yesterday or Today.

Jaydc

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:44 PM »
The sooner you realize opinions arent facts the sooner youll be slightly less of an idiot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
a) No way Budden has got the most attention on the internet b) since when does internet buzz=sales. Internet buzz is nothing, everybody can have one.

a) whose got more?
b) obviously not, but how do sales determine relevance when nobody buys albums?

i think every person in this thread at one time or another has called me a Joe Budden stan, but even i haven't bought his albums & plenty others don't.

there are videos of his ACTUAL stans buying five-six copies of Padded Room, so i wouldn't be surprised if only 25,000 people bought the 30,000 copies.

so if everyone only bought one copy, he would of sold even less; it still doesn't take away that he's got a million fans; they just aren't as supportive as the 50 year olds who bump Ice Cube & don't even know how to download albums on the internet.

& on a side note, i think we're all in agreement that Ice Cube & Joe Budden are more relevant to mainstream Hip Hop than Radiotube is to this forum. ;D

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »
The sooner you realize opinions arent facts the sooner youll be slightly less of an idiot.

it's a FACT that Joe Buddens is one of those rappers that people never really gave a shit about (this thread is proof) and it's a FACT that Ice Cube hasn't been the same Ice Cube Ass MC that he was in the 90's (this thread is also proof).  how bout u stop just looking for my attention and don't worry about wtf i gotta say.  

Jaydc

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 04:00:59 PM »
So the fact that he has a gold album and has one of the if not the biggest followings on the internet  means nothing and people dont care...oh and his forum is bigger then this one,which is basically the only forum on the internet dedicated to the west.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »

it's a FACT that Joe Buddens is one of those rappers that people never really gave a shit about (this thread is proof) and it's a FACT that Ice Cube hasn't been the same Ice Cube Ass MC that he was in the 90's (this thread is also proof).  how bout u stop just looking for my attention and don't worry about wtf i gotta say.  

yeah, Jay. it's a FACT nobody gives a shit about Budden. my proof? look at the whole three people in here that don't like him. ::)

they speak for the rest of the Hip Hop fan population.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »
I love how Cubes fanbase gets older and older with each post with you Cham. Like younger people don't listen to his music?

I have seen Cube live and that was one of the most diverse crowd you will ever see for a artist.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
So the fact that he has a gold album and has one of the if not the biggest followings on the internet  means nothing and people dont care...oh and his forum is bigger then this one,which is basically the only forum on the internet dedicated to the west.

who's following this guy tho, really.  i mean, i don't hear much about Buddens other than the two people who speak on him in this forum.  truthfully tho, who is this guy.  i remember fast forwarding thru his verses on tha Slaughterhouse records, except that 1 that they did with Khalil (i'm on fire, i'm tryna make the devil proud of me, sleepin in gasoline incase a nigga got it out 4 me).  yeah, that was a classic ass line but the nigga don't get no bigga than that.  Joe Buddens is like the Geniss of Beers of a world with no Africans and drink mixers.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
I love how Cubes fanbase gets older and older with each post with you Cham. Like younger people don't listen to his music?

I have seen Cube live and that was one of the most diverse crowd you will ever see for a artist.

he's just hurt that's all. 

Jaydc

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
Again,go to his forum,its bigger in size then this forum.Your just coming off as an idiot,if you dont like you dont like,music is subjective and everyones opinion differs.But stop trying to play off your opinions as fact when you clearly have no idea what your talking about...www.joebuddentv.com theres his site,i suggest you go check it out.In fact watch all his videos their actually pretty entertaining even if you dont like the guy.Educate yourself on the subject before speaking on it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

it's true though.

i'll go "Radiotube status" here & drop a FACT; Ice Cube without a doubt has more older/old school fans than Joe Budden does.

i'd LOVE to see the statistics of what age of people buys Cube's albums; it would probably be the true end of the thread.

& i'll honestly say this, if you're a teenager & you're not a real big Hip Hop fan; like you bump what's on the radio, you came up on Eminem & Kanye West, to answer your question, no, younger people don't listen to his music; hence why he's irrelevant.

younger than 40 & 50? sure, plenty of people in their later 20's & 30's bump Cube on a decent basis; but if you're younger than that & you didn't come up on it & you aren't down with a wide range of Hip Hop, you likely don't.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »

that's like the most generic response for somebody who has nothing to say & is reaching; way to go. ;)

can anybody show me a thread where more than one other person defended Joe Budden? you guys swarm on the chance to shit on Joe Budden.

getting serious hatred? time & time again? only signs of relevance; you guys clearly know enough about him to make all these critical comments, right?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »
i want to know why Cube is more relevant.

all i'm reading is, "you're crazy, Cube is more relevant".

what's the most major form of communication/passing information/most worldwide thing? the internet. whose got the most attention on the internet? Joe Budden.

just because you turn the TV on & they are talking about Cube (the actor) & you may have never heard Joe Budden's name mentioned once on TV, doesn't automatically make Cube more relevant.

Wow I never knew doing movie roles affects how relevant you are in music.

yeah, that's news to me lol.

anyway, it's a pointless argument because in the end Lil' Wayne & every other guy on the radio is more relevant; but it's whatever.

album sales and the attention given to the music is a clear indication of relevance. Padded Room sold 30k. His next project Escape Route sold next to nothing. Some people may download the album, but I don't think there's any greater percentage of people downloading Budden than they are any other rapper. Internet buzz has little to do with relevance, otherwise Crooked I and Bishop Lamont would also be relevant. Joe Budden isn't the biggest name on the internet, he just happens to be one of the only rappers making blogs and videos 24-7 and has built up his own little internet community. Again that isn't relevance in the hip hop community when no one else is buying your albums. How is Joe Budden having his own forum relevant to his music career, yet Cube being all over tv and movies isn't? The guy makes videos running his mouth off and showing off his girlfriend and you think that makes his music relevant?

btw I don't think relevance is really all that important, but you are the one who brought it up so I'm correcting your mistake.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 04:24:57 PM »

that's like the most generic response for somebody who has nothing to say & is reaching; way to go. ;)

can anybody show me a thread where more than one other person defended Joe Budden? you guys swarm on the chance to shit on Joe Budden.

getting serious hatred? time & time again? only signs of relevance; you guys clearly know enough about him to make all these critical comments, right?

I love how you assume this is an attack on budden when its simply stating fact (at least it was until radiotube came in here). Joe Budden making entertaining videos has as little to do with his music career as does Cube's acting.

Jaydc

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 04:25:59 PM »
Well considering he got on say the bet awards cypher based strictly off his internet buzz is saying something.He then proceed to have the best cypher of the night,which was agreed upon by everyone on the internet,eminem even called him personally to congratulate him on it.