Author Topic: Do you agree with this quote?  (Read 1052 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Do you agree with this quote?
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:40:39 PM »
The reason I called this blog Hip Hop 101 because some people have forgetten the essence of the art and culture.
Bragging and boasting: When I was coming up. Every rapper had a attitude like Kanye. Now when you say you the best and act like you the best. Niggas get their feeling hurt.
Battling: If you scared to test your skills up against any MC in the game. Quit right now. Become a fuckin' ghost writer and go hide in the corner of the studio. Now they're 2 ways to battle. Freestyle live: To me this is like a slam dunk contest. Or battle on wax: I call this the Finals. That's Hip-Hop.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: Do you agree with this quote?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
i dont really feel what cube was tryin to say

Bananas

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
yeah, I cosign that to the fullest, 100 percent.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »

But that's the truth. Hip hop has always been a game of bragging and talking shit. Many careers have been made over showing they were better than another rapper. Now it seems like fans have forgotten that and catch feelings and act like groupies when someone disses the fuck out of someone they like.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »
I C/S that.

OFFTOPIC:
Battling: If you scared to test your skills up against any MC in the game. Quit right now.

->>>>>>>> This is why Method Man should've answered to Budden with a song when Joey mentioned his name.

ikke

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:47:06 PM »
People need to realize there is no Hip-Hop anymore.
It's a bunch of subcultures who originated out of hip-hop.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 02:08:51 PM »
Battling: If you scared to test your skills up against any MC in the game. Quit right now.

->>>>>>>> This is why Method Man should've answered to Budden with a song when Joey mentioned his name.

exactly, but everybody got their feelings hurt like he insulted Hip Hop lol.

Joe Budden said he was better than Method Man (& other rappers) & said if he (or anybody) had something to say about it that he would take it to the booth.

that's why i was convinced Meth realized he couldn't handle him & eventually it became physical with Rae; they didn't want it & instead of hurting their pride/image & just backing down, they went beyond the mic.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »

But that's the truth. Hip hop has always been a game of bragging and talking shit. Many careers have been made over showing they were better than another rapper. Now it seems like fans have forgotten that and catch feelings and act like groupies when someone disses the fuck out of someone they like.
english is not my first language so it might be it.. but if i understood that right, cube says that ppl dont show up no more (you know what i mean).. and if so - hows that important? he said that like its the most important thing.. when its definetly not

ikke

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »

Joe Budden said he was better than Method Man (& other rappers) & said if he (or anybody) had something to say about it that he would take it to the booth.

that's why i was convinced Meth realized he couldn't handle him & eventually it became physical with Rae; they didn't want it & instead of hurting their pride/image & just backing down, they went beyond the mic.
When you have beef with another rapper you risk being compared to him for the rest for your career.
Meth just didn't want to be compared to that emo.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »

Yeah. Eventhough when all that happened I kinda felt like Joey should've dropped a song first. I actually remember discussing with you about this back then & we didn't agree then but now I think Budden was right. Too bad that it went down the way it did.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
^yeah, alright lolll.

i'll always question Wu-Tang for that.

Rae sucker punches Joe; then Joe says he'll fight him one on one & Rae completely ignores it lol.

that's the main problem with it, the fans will NEVER side with the more recent guy; older the better; just mad close minded.

Yeah. Eventhough when all that happened I kinda felt like Joey should've dropped a song first. I actually remember discussing with you about this back then & we didn't agree then but now I think Budden was right. Too bad that it went down the way it did.

Joe said he made a song to diss Inspectah Deck right after he dissed Joe; but then Joe said "he didn't want to drop it".

that was pretty bitch by Joe, but overall, it really just didn't go down the right way; would have been dope to see.

at least that beef would have been somewhat recognized; this New West/Old West shit is so irrelavant because Cube & Jay Rock aren't even close the spotlight.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 03:05:09 PM »

Method Man said he was ready to go on a track with Joey and let the fans decide who's the better mc... so yeah, not scared (plus Rae didn't punch him, some no-name Ice Water affiliate did)
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 03:09:35 PM »
^yeah, alright lolll.

i'll always question Wu-Tang for that.

Rae sucker punches Joe; then Joe says he'll fight him one on one & Rae completely ignores it lol.

that's the main problem with it, the fans will NEVER side with the more recent guy; older the better; just mad close minded.

Joe said he made a song to diss Inspectah Deck right after he dissed Joe; but then Joe said "he didn't want to drop it".

that was pretty bitch by Joe, but overall, it really just didn't go down the right way; would have been dope to see.

at least that beef would have been somewhat recognized; this New West/Old West shit is so irrelavant because Cube & Jay Rock aren't even close the spotlight.

Joe Budden is closer to the spotlight than Cube? lol.

The Joe Budden situation failed because instead of releasing a diss song and proving himself, Budden talked shit on a vlog. Then got punched in the face and ended the beef.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »
^yes.

Ice Cube is as far from the mainstream game as Budden & Budden has one million times the online support that Ice Cube does.

people who i didn't think really knew about Hip Hop like that knew about the Budden/Wu beef; but i'm sure they don't even know who Jay Rock is lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
^yes.

Ice Cube is as far from the mainstream game as Budden & Budden has one million times the online support that Ice Cube does.

people who i didn't think really knew about Hip Hop like that knew about the Budden/Wu beef; but i'm sure they don't even know who Jay Rock is lol.

Ice Cube has a million times the attention that Budden does. He does tv appearances talking about his albums. Budden makes vlogs that only this forum talks about. Cube started writing blogs and everyone and their mama talks about them. Cube may not be mainstream anymore but he's still way bigger than Budden.