Author Topic: Do you agree with this quote?  (Read 1012 times)

Jaydc

Re: Do you agree with this quote?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
Hell I mean,slaughterhouses whole buzz is from the internet and their deal with shady is based off their internet buzz.

Jaydc

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »
Here is that great cypher hahah...on a sidenote,how does anyone like nikki minaj,shes irritating.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1IAbEzcbAA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j1IAbEzcbAA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
lol, stans til the very end...why does it have to be this back and forth shit with you? Is this the same awards where Ice Cube won the I Am Hip Hop award? Ice Cube is more relevant than Budden, that's all I'm saying. It's not a comment on the quality of either of their music. Can you at least agree with that?

Jaydc

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 04:38:28 PM »
Im saying their both irrelvant to the mainstream but im a stan? ::)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
Im saying their both irrelvant to the mainstream but im a stan? ::)

exactly. You're avoiding answering the question. Clearly neither are mainstream now. The question was who is more relevant? If you don't have an answer then why do you keep replying? It seems you're only here to "defend" Budden

Jaydc

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »
Im saying niether is more relevant then the other.Niether gets mainstream push anymore and both have a solid fanbase that are the only people that check for them.Their both on the same level in 2010.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
hahah, I knew you couldn't say anything different. Despite everything I've brought up. If this isn't going anywhere then fuck budden, lets get back to the original topic

Jaydc

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
What am I supposed to say?Its the fucking truth.Cube survives on his legacy alone,and each album he sells less because the music isnt very good and peopel loose interest.So in what is he relevant today musically?And budden has a nichè and has a solid fan base but he isnt relevant to the mainstream,hes underground.Their both independant artists that survive on their cult follower.So how is either fucking relevant?

Jaydc

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
Whats your proof that ice cube is more relevant then joe budden in 2010 musically rapsodie?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
Whats your proof that ice cube is more relevant then joe budden in 2010 musically rapsodie?

What more proof do you need besides album sales? Or shit, even the amount of attention his albums get. It may be based off his legacy, but that legacy at present is still bigger than Budden.

BiggBoogaBiff

all of u cats r funny foreal lol
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2010, 05:09:02 PM »
lol, y do yall want my attention so much.

and lol x2 at ya'll actually having a debate about Joe Buddens and Ice Cube, like u can just compare the two like that so easily, and tha notion that there's actually something 2 debate about.  u guys aren't real hip hop fans man, y'all r some real clowns foreal.  i'm done, say whatchu' gotta say.  all i know is that i can say something 2 somebody else that isn't on tha computer and isn't related to me, too bad y'all can't do tha same.  

really tho, is it all that serious.  i'm sure Cube and Buddens are sittin' down right now reading this shit and laffin their asses off and crying.  u guys r tha only 1's making it seem bigger than it really is.  THE WORLD KNOWS (even Buddens kids) that Cube is the overall better artist in all debates, even the lyrical.  Joey's a punchline artist (nothing more) and if u wanna go n2 some debate about that u CANT forget about everything else that MAKES an artist.  Cube wins eazy, this thread just makes y'all look like nerds foreal.  "do u agree with this quote" who cares dogg, lol, go suck on an ice cube or somethin.

Jaydc

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »
A punch line artist?You really have no idea what your talking about.

And album sales dont mean shit in this day and age.Downloads are a more accurate representation of music in this day and age.And when I am the west drops Id be willing to bet it flops badly.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2010, 05:41:46 PM »
so then who is the biggest name on the internet? lol.

& him having his own forum has nothing to do with his relevance just like Ice Cube being on TV & acting has nothing to do with his relevance to Hip Hop.

it's not the fact that he has his own forum, other rappers have their own forums, it's just the talk from forum to forum across the internet about him.

where Ice Cube gets talked about here, that's a given. i mean shit, the promotional banner across the top of this website is "Ice Cube - I Am The West/I Rep The West".

it's West Coast, of course he comes up, but you won't see him come up on other forums; maybe with an album on the way for the time being, but Budden comes up all the time on all forums; year round; album or no album.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 05:59:55 PM »
so then who is the biggest name on the internet? lol.

& him having his own forum has nothing to do with his relevance just like Ice Cube being on TV & acting has nothing to do with his relevance to Hip Hop.

it's not the fact that he has his own forum, other rappers have their own forums, it's just the talk from forum to forum across the internet about him.

where Ice Cube gets talked about here, that's a given. i mean shit, the promotional banner across the top of this website is "Ice Cube - I Am The West/I Rep The West".

it's West Coast, of course he comes up, but you won't see him come up on other forums; maybe with an album on the way for the time being, but Budden comes up all the time on all forums; year round; album or no album.

I actually have seen Cube come up in many forums. I make the arguement though that both are still relevant. As far as a case study I graduated college so that seems a lil bit too much like school so I will pass lol.

There are more than just TV, internet, etc to being relevant. Whether it is to my liking or the other 22,000 or so members is strictly a personal preference. If you can have as large of a forum, or internet following as Budden or have TNT or ESPN play your music or your documentary like Cube, that is relevancy

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
I can agree with D nice more or less.