Author Topic: Yo.. what if Dubcc like sponsored an artist, we make um a superstar, change rap?  (Read 270 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
We could do our part to bring back the real hip-hop that we all loved from back in the 90's.  If we just had one artist that represented it, we could all get behind him and push them to the top somehow.  Then others may follow and the garbage in hip-hop may start to go away.  Any thoughts?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no one would agree on who this artist should be..

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
not enough people on here... but if we should do it, my vote goes to Joell Ortiz
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
i nominate Joesph Anthony Budden.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's possible.. I remember when LAX was about to drop & there was this site therealbws.com.. people were requesting Big Dreams&Game's Pain (calling/texting/voting on internet). Both songs were played on the radio & Game's Pain video was couple of weeks #1 video on 106 & Park video countdown... And here's definitely more posters than there was on that Game-fansite.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:32:01 AM by J.E. »

Muhfukka

what a fuckin idiot

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It's possible.. I remember when LAX was about to drop & there was this site therealbws.com.. people were requesting Big Dreams&Game's Pain (calling/texting/voting on internet). Both songs were played on the radio & Game's Pain video was couple of weeks #1 video on 106 & Park video countdown... And here's definitely more posters than there was on that Game-fansite.

Yep.. that's the right idea, right there.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jome

i nominate Joesph Anthony Budden.

Yes.

Let's push an artist that was declared "The future of Def Jam", and had millions to back him up, big cameos and bid budget videos to ensure success, but subsequently failed horribly, sacked, humiliated, and never been relevant again, because nobody could stand his nasal annoying wannabe tough-guy voice.
Except as the worst member of a underground group which also had lackluster sales, though on a small independent label..

Yes, I'm the devils advocate today.  :rant: :firedevil:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^good point.

alright, let's support Gucci Mane, a real rapper.

or OJ Da Juiceman; we'll have the board vote.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Dubcc basically already does that for Crooked I

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^good point.

Why do you always see things so black and white ? Just because he said that about Budden doesn't mean he wants to give Soulja Boy a career...

Bananas

^good point.

Why do you always see things so black and white ? Just because he said that about Budden doesn't mean he wants to give Soulja Boy a career...

It's called the black and white fallacy. One of the several logical fallacies used as rhetoric in debates. Do some research on logical fallacies and you'll be prepared for the waves of shit in every thread.

Sikotic™

Well this thread is a fail.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^good point.

his reasons for not pushing Budden were the exact reasons why we should push him; even though he gets so much hate on here that would never fly.

basically saying because he didn't blow up when he should of, not being relevant, not selling albums; so you want someone relevant? want someone who sells? you need to go mainstream. going mainstream? not what Infinite had in mind when he made this thread.

it's pretty entertaining how everybody here has like some mutual agreement that actually hating on Joe Budden will be regarded as "keeping it real" & anybody who attempts to defend him is a "clear cut stan".

it's like every other rapper discussed on his board has it's share of haters & stans, but for Joe Budden, haters don't exist; those people are just "speaking the truth". :D

regardless, fine, i'll pretend like Jome simply said "no, Joe wouldn't get the support on here; but good call, he would be a prime candidate considering he already has the the largest internet fan base" & i'll reply to that saying, how about J. Cole?

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
someone who doesn't have big name yet and has a chance to blow - Mayday! http://mayday.bandcamp.com/

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets