Author Topic: ''How High'' Method Man & Redman... 3 versions??!  (Read 621 times)

Prof@ssor

Re: ''How High'' Method Man & Redman... 3 versions??!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »
how bout the other erick sermon remix from 95 on the cds.......

shit is just confusing friend, on top of that i actually heard the Triumph remix is legit and made by RZA lol....either way i dont care, i bump that version the most

Suga Foot

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

Okka

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 04:36:53 AM »
how bout the other erick sermon remix from 95 on the cds.......

shit is just confusing friend, on top of that i actually heard the Triumph remix is legit and made by RZA lol....either way i dont care, i bump that version the most

Where did you hear that from? I'm 99% sure that' it's a fanmade mix. There's the original version and then there's the Erick Sermon remix, that's it. Erick's remix was on "Blackout" and the "How High" OST.

midwestryder

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
For everyone who wants to have this gem, here you go:

Method Man & Redman - How High (original Triumph version).mp3 - 9.6 Mb

From The Show Soundtrack, Wu-Tang ''Triumph'' beat, video version too, 320kps...best version imo ...enjoy  8)

that is NOT a real version of the song and it is not on The Show soundtrack.

can't find it on the net

Yes you can, just need to look a bit harder. Check out tha spot ;)

Original version is the one on "The Show" OST and the remix was on "Blackout". Remix with"Triumph" beat is NOT real, it's fan made.

ok this i what i thought, i only have the blackout album...but now what about the video version? which song was used for it?

Video version is the original version, that was on "The Show" OST.
no the video version is the remix. the remix version was originally released on the cd single or maxie cassette version of how high off the show soundtraclk . i notice it when i owned the show soundtrack &  the hook was a little different on the video version when it first came out back in 1995.

Okka

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 07:11:51 AM »
For everyone who wants to have this gem, here you go:

Method Man & Redman - How High (original Triumph version).mp3 - 9.6 Mb

From The Show Soundtrack, Wu-Tang ''Triumph'' beat, video version too, 320kps...best version imo ...enjoy  8)

that is NOT a real version of the song and it is not on The Show soundtrack.

can't find it on the net

Yes you can, just need to look a bit harder. Check out tha spot ;)

Original version is the one on "The Show" OST and the remix was on "Blackout". Remix with"Triumph" beat is NOT real, it's fan made.

ok this i what i thought, i only have the blackout album...but now what about the video version? which song was used for it?

Video version is the original version, that was on "The Show" OST.
no the video version is the remix. the remix version was originally released on the cd single or maxie cassette version of how high off the show soundtraclk . i notice it when i owned the show soundtrack &  the hook was a little different on the video version when it first came out back in 1995.

Actually, you're right. There's only two versions of the song though, the "Triumph" remix is fanmade.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
I dunno if this version is listed or not but my favorite one is the one produced by RZA and it's a really hard ass beat. It took me forever to find... I don't know where its from

Okka

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »
I dunno if this version is listed or not but my favorite one is the one produced by RZA and it's a really hard ass beat. It took me forever to find... I don't know where its from

Are you talkin' about the version that has Wu-Tang Clan's "Triumph" beat in it? That ain't real.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »

Word.   The Show soundtrack came out around late 95/early 96.   That was the origional version.  I bought that soundtrack at the beginning of summer 96, because they tricked me into thinking that Dre and Snoop had tracks on there when really it was just a quote of theirs excerpted from the movie, lol.   I thought I was ripped off, and "How High" was the only track I was really bumpin after I first bought it.   

But now I consider it the greatest hip-hop soundtrack of all-time.  It still stays in my rotation even after all these years.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »

Word.   The Show soundtrack came out around late 95/early 96.   That was the origional version.  I bought that soundtrack at the beginning of summer 96, because they tricked me into thinking that Dre and Snoop had tracks on there when really it was just a quote of theirs excerpted from the movie, lol.   I thought I was ripped off, and "How High" was the only track I was really bumpin after I first bought it.   

But now I consider it the greatest hip-hop soundtrack of all-time.  It still stays in my rotation even after all these years.

Hahah, actually i also bought the album because i thought those skits were songs. I was suspectin them to be interludes though, cause of those quotation marks in the titles.

midwestryder

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »

i bought it because it had redman,bone thugs , & 2pac on it

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »

this thread isnt about you or 1996. seriously though, youve got problems

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »

Hahah, actually i also bought the album because i thought those skits were songs. I was suspectin them to be interludes though, cause of those quotation marks in the titles.

Yeah, I wondered if anyone else had made the same mistake.  I didn't really notice the quotations, and I think Def Jam purposely made it that way to confuse buyers.  The album looked great in stores with all those big names on one album, it was sure to catch any hip-hop fans attention.  Then you get home and find out that several of those tracks were just quotes and not actual songs.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »
I did the same thing when I got it.  I thought there were Dre and Snoop songs on it.  Bastids.