Author Topic: ''How High'' Method Man & Redman... 3 versions??!  (Read 475 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: ''How High'' Method Man & Redman... 3 versions??!
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »
Original version is the one on "The Show" OST and the remix was on "Blackout". Remix with"Triumph" beat is NOT real, it's fan made.

Word.   The Show soundtrack came out around late 95/early 96.   That was the origional version.  I bought that soundtrack at the beginning of summer 96, because they tricked me into thinking that Dre and Snoop had tracks on there when really it was just a quote of theirs excerpted from the movie, lol.   I thought I was ripped off, and "How High" was the only track I was really bumpin after I first bought it.   

But now I consider it the greatest hip-hop soundtrack of all-time.  It still stays in my rotation even after all these years.
this thread isnt about you or 1996. seriously though, youve got problems

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »

Hahah, actually i also bought the album because i thought those skits were songs. I was suspectin them to be interludes though, cause of those quotation marks in the titles.

Yeah, I wondered if anyone else had made the same mistake.  I didn't really notice the quotations, and I think Def Jam purposely made it that way to confuse buyers.  The album looked great in stores with all those big names on one album, it was sure to catch any hip-hop fans attention.  Then you get home and find out that several of those tracks were just quotes and not actual songs.

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Suga Foot

• Hennessy Chaser
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »
I did the same thing when I got it.  I thought there were Dre and Snoop songs on it.  Bastids.