Author Topic: Scenario: What would happened if there were evidence disproving God's existence?  (Read 1055 times)

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
the other question would be what if they never find the missing link and then they find evidence that man was created and it was not evolution??

how would the atheists react?? an interessting question too, huh?

just wonderin ;D

LOL... I love it

I hate how people are like, it's creation, not evolution. Even Christians believe in evolution. When will this argument die.

i dont deny that animals changed over the past thousand years..

but i dont belive that we humans were the at the end, i dont belive that our ancestors were monkeys
We have the same ancestors as monkeys, monkeys aren't our ancestors.

yeah i know, i dont belive that

ikke

the other question would be what if they never find the missing link and then they find evidence that man was created and it was not evolution??

how would the atheists react?? an interessting question too, huh?

just wonderin ;D

LOL... I love it

I hate how people are like, it's creation, not evolution. Even Christians believe in evolution. When will this argument die.

i dont deny that animals changed over the past thousand years..

but i dont belive that we humans were the at the end, i dont belive that our ancestors were monkeys
We have the same ancestors as monkeys, monkeys aren't our ancestors.

yeah i know, i dont belive that
This proves

God is testing them with this proof, so it will be the same thing.   

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
dont be mad cause i dont belive in this ..

Triple OG Rapsodie

^
^
that's basically what religion tells you, except instead of things happening by themselves, a magic man willed them into existence.

On a related note, I've always wondered why religious people desperately need "someone" to have created the universe, yet they have zero interest in explaining what created that someone. Why is a god even needed when its just an extra step? Just remove god out of the chain and think of the universe as your god, and you'll come up with the exact same result, minus all the magic and stories.  

ikke

More probable then the religious equivalent

Religious people often think that the universe working perfectly is proof of a god, but the fact is that this couldn't have happened if it didn't work the way it did.

Pre-Big-Bang History is hard to determine but the leading theory right now is that we live in a multi-verse, a higher plain of existence consisting of an infinite amount of universes.
This leads people to think that the thing that triggered the big bang was 2 other universes collapsing in each other and creating our universe.
Allot of these universes probably contain nothing.

Another theory is that - just like stars-  the universe will implode at the end of it's lifetime. The force of this implosion could've easily created the big bang.
In an Einsteinian sense you could see the universe as God.

There is nothing is incorrect as well, when this universe started to be there was hydrogen & helium. These gasses were pulled together by gravity to create stars.
The stars started burning these elements creating heavier & heavier elements, creating the periodic table.
These heavier elements were later shot into the universe when the star imploded.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:59:03 AM by ikke »

Facez

• 'G'

More probable then the religious equivalent

Religious people often think that the universe working perfectly is proof of a god, but the fact is that this couldn't have happened if it didn't work the way it did.

Pre-Big-Bang History is hard to determine but the leading theory right now is that we live in a multi-verse, a higher plain of existence consisting of an infinite amount of universes.
This leads people to think that the thing that triggered the big bang was 2 other universes collapsing in each other and creating our universe.
Allot of these universes probably contain nothing.

Another theory is that - just like stars-  the universe will implode at the end of it's lifetime. The force of this implosion could've easily created the big bang.
In an Einsteinian sense you could see the universe as God.

There is nothing is incorrect as well, when this universe started to be there was hydrogen & helium. These gasses were pulled together by gravity to create stars.
The stars started burning these elements creating heavier & heavier elements, creating the periodic table.
These heavier elements were later shot into the universe when the star imploded.

That's the thing though, these theories neglect to answer the burning question of where did “matter and energy”come from? Scientists have come up with all of these theories as to how our universe might have came into existence, but can never explain this, they can claim that our universe originates from other universes or helium and hydrogen but scientists know that there had to be a beginning and that the first law of thermodynamics states that matter/energy can not be created or destroyed. I mean I believe in God and by God I don't mean some old grandpa in the clouds that is often depicted in cartoons  but a supreme being/force far beyond our comprehension. And that is the main reason why a lot of people believe in God, I mean that is the cornerstone of many belief systems; in the beginning was God  and God created the heaven and the earth, science can only attempt to show us how this might have happend.

which goes back to the original question, I don't think that it is even possible to disprove God's existence, whether God has been disproved is subjective i mean how maybe if the question was what do you think would happen if everyone one day just woke up and stopped believing in God? To that I would say I believe there would be chaos, especially in the other parts of the world who's government/economy or peace between one another are based on religious doctrine. just my opinion.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The title of the thread is quite funny.

Matty

The title of the thread is quite funny.

indeed. i'm not advocating any particular flavour of 'god', but the idea of us proving or disproving anything like that with our current level of science. the idea of evidence runs contrary the concept in the first place.

ikke

That's the thing though, these theories neglect to answer the burning question of where did “matter and energy”come from? Scientists have come up with all of these theories as to how our universe might have came into existence, but can never explain this, they can claim that our universe originates from other universes or helium and hydrogen but scientists know that there had to be a beginning and that the first law of thermodynamics states that matter/energy can not be created or destroyed. I mean I believe in God and by God I don't mean some old grandpa in the clouds that is often depicted in cartoons  but a supreme being/force far beyond our comprehension. And that is the main reason why a lot of people believe in God, I mean that is the cornerstone of many belief systems; in the beginning was God  and God created the heaven and the earth, science can only attempt to show us how this might have happend.

which goes back to the original question, I don't think that it is even possible to disprove God's existence, whether God has been disproved is subjective i mean how maybe if the question was what do you think would happen if everyone one day just woke up and stopped believing in God? To that I would say I believe there would be chaos, especially in the other parts of the world who's government/economy or peace between one another are based on religious doctrine. just my opinion.

What you call "God" atheists like myself believe in to.
We just don't see it as something beyond our comprehension or even something supernatural.
You seem to be believing in something like a metaphorical God (also known as Einsteinian), which isn't really a "God" but a name for all the forces that control the universe.

You think they aren't comprehensible but what if it is?
That's what science is trying to do, trying to understand "God."
Even if you are right - and we will never understand the universe -  you have to at least try.
If we just find out a little bit about how the universe works, it's time well spend.
Knowledge Reigns Supreme

I believe in the Einsteinian "God" but call myself an atheist because it's not a real "God."

Triple OG Rapsodie

That's the thing though, these theories neglect to answer the burning question of where did “matter and energy”come from? Scientists have come up with all of these theories as to how our universe might have came into existence, but can never explain this, they can claim that our universe originates from other universes or helium and hydrogen but scientists know that there had to be a beginning and that the first law of thermodynamics states that matter/energy can not be created or destroyed. I mean I believe in God and by God I don't mean some old grandpa in the clouds that is often depicted in cartoons  but a supreme being/force far beyond our comprehension. And that is the main reason why a lot of people believe in God, I mean that is the cornerstone of many belief systems; in the beginning was God  and God created the heaven and the earth, science can only attempt to show us how this might have happend.

Our society and technology hasn't advanced to the point where we can explain/prove everything that happens in the universe yet. But please tell me how it makes sense to construct a supernatural deity, on the basis of nothing, just because you can't explain something.

Think about all the people in history who believed in witchcraft and magic because they didn't know how to explain everything that happened. And now we laugh at those idiots because they were ignorant. What makes religion any smarter of a conclusion? It's sad how though we consider ourselves smarter than our ancestors, we use the exact same logic to explain things we don't know for sure.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:45:33 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Facez

• 'G'
You seem to be believing in something like a metaphorical God (also known as Einsteinian), which isn't really a "God" but a name for all the forces that control the universe.

No offense but i think you understood me, your comment made me sound like a pantheist which i am not nor  do i believe in the einsteinian God. i believe in a God that  is seperate from the universe and the laws/forces that govern it. i believe in a God that created those forces, a God that created: time, matter and energy not a physical entity but a transcendent, omniscient being, beyond what our minds can fathom.

Our society and technology hasn't advanced to the point where we can explain/prove everything that happens in the universe yet. But please tell me how it makes sense to construct a supernatural deity, on the basis of nothing, just because you can't explain something.

Think about all the people in history who believed in witchcraft and magic because they didn't know how to explain everything that happened. And now we laugh at those idiots because they were ignorant. What makes religion any smarter of a conclusion? It's sad how though we consider ourselves smarter than our ancestors, we use the exact same logic to explain things we don't know for sure.

can't you use that same argument for many atheists though? because even though very little (i think about 4%) is known about the universe and how it was formed many are convinced that it couldnt possibly be God that created it and also i didnt say the beleif in God comes from the fact that people can not explain things in the universe. what i meant was that peopole believe in God because they see and know that this all had to come from somewhere and that even science backs this up by showing that matter and energy at some point must have come into existence somehow (first law of thermodynamics) and since matter/energy can not be created from matter, there must be a creator.

Triple OG Rapsodie

can't you use that same argument for many atheists though? because even though very little (i think about 4%) is known about the universe and how it was formed many are convinced that it couldnt possibly be God that created it and also i didnt say the beleif in God comes from the fact that people can not explain things in the universe. what i meant was that peopole believe in God because they see and know that this all had to come from somewhere and that even science backs this up by showing that matter and energy at some point must have come into existence somehow (first law of thermodynamics) and since matter/energy can not be created from matter, there must be a creator.

What? How so? Atheists don't come up with a magical deity to explain things. They admit they don't know the universe was created and they use science and what they know of reality to come up with the most plausible theory.

Why does there need to be a creator? Where would this creator come from? If you truly believe that the universe needed to be "created", then what created this "creator"? Adding a god doesn't actually answer any questions, it just transfers all the questions about how the universe was created to a magical deity and now instead you ask yourself what created this god.  

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Do you believe in this?

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ikke

No offense but i think you understood me, your comment made me sound like a pantheist which i am not nor  do i believe in the einsteinian God. i believe in a God that  is seperate from the universe and the laws/forces that govern it. i believe in a God that created those forces, a God that created: time, matter and energy not a physical entity but a transcendent, omniscient being, beyond what our minds can fathom.
Like I said, Atheists & Scientists don't see these forces as something separate or something that we can't comprehend (yet).
We try to understand these things and even if it is beyond our comprehension we are less ignorant then if we didn't try it at all.
So the difference isn't that big.

Triple OG Rapsodie

I believe there is a logical reasoning for everything, but there's a lot of logic that we don't have the technology or capabilities to figure out yet. I will never get why people have to turn to magic just because they don't understand something. It's the exact same reasoning as those who believe in witchcraft. As a matter of fact, the basis of religious belief was invented by those same neanderthals who came up with witchcraft, human-sacrifice and all that other stuff we now regard as bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:43:09 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »