Author Topic: Supposedly Focus... produced an album recently?  (Read 499 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Supposedly Focus... produced an album recently?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »
WHOOA that Les Raps beat is phenomenal!

Thanks for mentioning that joint.. too bad it was wasted on a french clown..

lol, I just wish somebody from america got it..

Shiiiiiit..

to anybody who hasnt checked it out..

Any chance of instrumentals from that album?

He made some stuff for other french dudes (no clowns this time) too...and Salah Edin a Dutch rapper,,

Can somebody upload ''The Vow (I Will Be There 4 U)'' fromt he Avant Garde project"? Im in a dorm right now and dont have enough bandwidht for the whole thing  8)

any amazing shit?

Prof@ssor

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »

Shiiiiiit..

He made some stuff for other french dudes (no clowns this time) too...and Salah Edin a Dutch rapper,,

Can somebody upload ''The Vow (I Will Be There 4 U)'' fromt he Avant Garde project"? Im in a dorm right now and dont have enough bandwidht for the whole thing  8)

any amazing shit?

yeah its some hard political grimy shit..gotta love it  8)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:57:04 AM by Prof@ssor »

Matty

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
how can one get hold of the avant-garde thing?

i really liked the 'recession' leak and 'medusa' was cool too. i see its on itunes...i dont use itunes. i will buy it immediately there is a store selling the mp3/flac without any extra software, otherwise i will have to wait on a leak. or if anyone using itunes who wants to get it anyway holla @ me and i can pay a % toward it.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »
Frech rapper Kamini. There is a thread in Outbound about it. The first track 'Les Raps' has an outrageously sick 2010 style g-funk beat, think i posted a link to that one in there 8)

Seriously, if you're a fan of west coast music and don't hear the beat to this track you're misisng out. 'Tis banging, the rest of the album is real nice too, a lot of dope g-funk style vibes (wish Focus would do this sound more) but I don't really understand French to appreciate it.

damn kamini has had focus beats???

this guy is so a wack wannabe rapper.... BEAT WASTED!!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »

Shiiiiiit..

Can somebody upload ''The Vow (I Will Be There 4 U)'' fromt he Avant Garde project"? Im in a dorm right now and dont have enough bandwidht for the whole thing  8)

any amazing shit?

yeah its some hard political grimy shit..gotta love it  8)

yeah that beat is dope too.. and if I only understood some dutch :D

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 12:01:35 PM »
Frech rapper Kamini. There is a thread in Outbound about it. The first track 'Les Raps' has an outrageously sick 2010 style g-funk beat, think i posted a link to that one in there 8)

Seriously, if you're a fan of west coast music and don't hear the beat to this track you're misisng out. 'Tis banging, the rest of the album is real nice too, a lot of dope g-funk style vibes (wish Focus would do this sound more) but I don't really understand French to appreciate it.

you french? tell us how the french sees him then? Has he had any hits and how are his mic skills?

Prof@ssor

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »

you french? tell us how the french sees him then? Has he had any hits and how are his mic skills?

i speak french and dutch. nah he's dope...he's just not a gangsta rapper, not any kind of conventional rapper actually...he's loved :)

Prof@ssor

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
how can one get hold of the avant-garde thing?

i really liked the 'recession' leak and 'medusa' was cool too. i see its on itunes...i dont use itunes. i will buy it immediately there is a store selling the mp3/flac without any extra software, otherwise i will have to wait on a leak. or if anyone using itunes who wants to get it anyway holla @ me and i can pay a % toward it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Avant-Garde-Project-Explicit/dp/B003C6O4PG

''The Vow (I Will Be There 4 U)'' i want this song...coz its so melodic, the rest it too experimental for me lol :)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »

i speak french and dutch. nah he's dope...he's just not a gangsta rapper, not any kind of conventional rapper actually...he's loved :)

A fellow persian who speaks english, dutch and french? and maybe farsi? .

and aight.. I just want to have that album instrumental

Mista Rosa

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »

so we've got different opinions.. i'm from paris and this guy has only one hit. it started on the net, he created the buzz ,as everybody says, with a cheap video of him rapping in the countryside with cows because that guy is not from the hood. It all started with this stupid video. But people don't take this guy seriously, he's a clown. Regarding his skills, i don't listen to french rap but there are worst rappers in france. But yeah it's definitely a beat wasted. The only people who like him is because this guy is pathetic that's why they have sympathy. And also because he represents a good unoffensive black guy. real talk.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 12:15:12 PM »

so we've got different opinions.. i'm from paris and this guy has only one hit. it started on the net, he created the buzz ,as everybody says, with a cheap video of him rapping in the countryside with cows because that guy is not from the hood. It all started with this stupid video. But people don't take this guy seriously, he's a clown. Regarding his skills, i don't listen to french rap but there are worst rappers in france. But yeah it's definitely a beat wasted. The only people who like him is because this guy is pathetic that's why they have sympathy. And also because he represents a good unoffensive black guy. real talk.

wauw.. sounded like hating but really is a reasonable post.. lol

Prof@ssor

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »

Kamini is an intelligent French dude who made a rap video in 2006, humorously recounting the daily life in a rural French town and the difficulty of being a member of the only black family in his village.
The video was quickly put on air by French media, got millions of hits on YouTube, and became a huge hit. He was also invited to appear on numerous prestigious French television programs. Eventually, he got a record deal too. 

It's all humorous rap folks, though he speaks about very serious social, economic and political issues 

Mista Rosa

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »

Kamini is an intelligent French dude who made a rap video in 2006, humorously recounting the daily life in a rural French town and the difficulty of being a member of the only black family in his village.
The video was quickly put on air by French media, got millions of hits on YouTube, and became a huge hit. He was also invited to appear on numerous prestigious French television programs. Eventually, he got a record deal too.  

It's all humorous rap folks, though he speaks about very serious social, economic and political issues  

when i see him on tv he makes me feel so uncomfortable because he tries to be funny but nobody he's laughing. It's alright that he came from the countryside don't get me wrong. But the concept of humoristic rap is quickly boring because he's not funny. And when he wants to talk serious he's so cliche. He's just a trash artist that exists because of the net and the media over exposing what he has done with this video. What i can tell you is that nobody plays his music in the car because people would seriously laugh at you if you were doing that. but i feel what you say with "intelligent" because french rappers are really dumb and are ridiculous when they go on tv. they don't even know how to talk french, like if they never went to school.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:45:06 PM by mista rosa »