Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 9079 times)

Sccit

Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 02:26:27 PM »
^Wrong again. When Kobe scored 62 points in 3 quarters (outscoring the Mavs team) and followed it up with an 81 point performance while he was just entering his prime, expectations for Kobe were that he'd be the greatest individual talent ever, and that if he ever surpassed Jordan in rings, he'd be argued as the greatest of all time. When people currently talk about LeBron like that, it's laughable. Kobe still has a chance to surpass Jordan in rings, while LeBron is still looking for his first. As for makin players better, how is LeBron making Antawn Jamison or Mo Williams better?...Did Mo Williams look better last night? Did LeBron James make Ben Wallace better when he came to Cleveland? Honestly, LeBron's distribution skills aren't nearly as great as they seem, mostly because Cleveland runs an offense where every play is ran through LeBron...Mostly ISO plays for LeBron, at that, which in turn leads to him getting a ton of assists...But LeBron never took a team composed of 3 starters who dont deserve to be in an NBA rotation to the playoffs like Kobe did in 2006. Kobe made Smush Parker look legit, got Luke Walton a 5 mill per year contract, and made Kwame look like a legit starter. Kobe not only elevates the level of play of his teammates, but also the mindset as a group, and will to win with his tenacity, hunger, and HEART...PeACe

Jaydc

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 03:09:48 PM »
Seriously elior,your undying love for kobe is fucking creepy.

teecee

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
I thought this NIK guy died or something?  

NIK, when Kobe was putting up crazy stats but NOT winning, it was all about stats.  Not anymore, right?!

Anyway, if I have to hear about the shitty fucking team that kobe took to the playoffs and almost beat the Suns with one more time, I will develop some sort of coping mechanism, like again trying to convince myself you are infact an alias...

You DO realize that Lakers team BLEW a 3-1 lead right?   And don't even bring up the "one rebound" theory of yours...they lost three in a row.  And NIK, at the time you predicted they would beat the Suns, and could even win the chip....

Anyway, LBJ DID take a team  to the finals one year with Boobie Gibson starting!

Lebron is the best player in the league, but until he wins something I have no problem with people saying Kobe is better.   Of course, everyone from Magic to Jerry west says Lebron is the best, but what do they know?  I DO think the Lakers have a better chance of winning, but I think the real favourite that mad peeps are sleeping on is Orlando.  There is something missing from both LA and Cleveland.

As for the Cavs winning it this year, I don't think they will- they don't have a killer instinct and I refuse to believe Mike Brown is a coach who can get it done.  

BUt I can't wait to see the Suns vs the Lakers!

Of course NIK would write this thread...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
^Wrong again. When Kobe scored 62 points in 3 quarters (outscoring the Mavs team) and followed it up with an 81 point performance while he was just entering his prime, expectations for Kobe were that he'd be the greatest individual talent ever, and that if he ever surpassed Jordan in rings, he'd be argued as the greatest of all time. When people currently talk about LeBron like that, it's laughable. Kobe still has a chance to surpass Jordan in rings, while LeBron is still looking for his first. As for makin players better, how is LeBron making Antawn Jamison or Mo Williams better?...Did Mo Williams look better last night? Did LeBron James make Ben Wallace better when he came to Cleveland? Honestly, LeBron's distribution skills aren't nearly as great as they seem, mostly because Cleveland runs an offense where every play is ran through LeBron...Mostly ISO plays for LeBron, at that, which in turn leads to him getting a ton of assists...But LeBron never took a team composed of 3 starters who dont deserve to be in an NBA rotation to the playoffs like Kobe did in 2006. Kobe made Smush Parker look legit, got Luke Walton a 5 mill per year contract, and made Kwame look like a legit starter. Kobe not only elevates the level of play of his teammates, but also the mindset as a group, and will to win with his tenacity, hunger, and HEART...PeACe

Saying wrong again shows your insanity lol. Does it make you feel like you were right the first time? lolol

Kobe was never going to surprass Jordan. Only you Kobestans think that. Was Jordan ever the Robin on those Bulls teams? No. Kobe has played the Batman role on only 1 championship. He was the sidekick on the others. You cant compare Kobe's first three titles as a sidekick to ANY of Jordans three titles as the focal point of the entire league. You Kobe fans are just upset because Shaq brought 3 titles to LA....then he left, the team went south as you watched the Pistons, Spurs and Heat win titles. Then finally as Kobe started to shake the "he cant win without Shaq" talk...and got over the hump last year....LeBron takes over and Kobe is now "that guy who was the MVP 2 yrs ago" lol

As I said, has Lebron surpassed Kobe careerwise? Of course not.  You would have to see where LeBron is in 5 years to make that assessment. But LeBron has been considered one of the top 2-3 players in the league since he hit the league. Not even the biggest Kobe dicksucker could argue that Kobe was lol. The man was traded for Vlade lol He was the 13th pick in the draft...Lebron #1. You cant say the expectations were EVER the same for these two lolol.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »
BUt I can't wait to see the Suns Spurs vs the Lakers!

Looks like u made a typo....i fixed it for yah.  ;)
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 03:48:07 PM »

NIK, when Kobe was putting up crazy stats but NOT winning, it was all about stats.  Not anymore, right?!

Anyway, if I have to hear about the shitty fucking team that kobe took to the playoffs and almost beat the Suns with one more time, I will develop some sort of coping mechanism, like again trying to convince myself you are infact an alias...

You DO realize that Lakers team BLEW a 3-1 lead right?   And don't even bring up the "one rebound" theory of yours...they lost three in a row.  And NIK, at the time you predicted they would beat the Suns, and could even win the chip....

Anyway, LBJ DID take a team  to the finals one year with Boobie Gibson starting!

Lebron is the best player in the league, but until he wins something I have no problem with people saying Kobe is better.   Of course, everyone from Magic to Jerry west says Lebron is the best, but what do they know?  I DO think the Lakers have a better chance of winning, but I think the real favourite that mad peeps are sleeping on is Orlando.  There is something missing from both LA and Cleveland.

As for the Cavs winning it this year, I don't think they will- they don't have a killer instinct and I refuse to believe Mike Brown is a coach who can get it done.  

I have always been against using stats as a main argument, so I dunno what ur going on about...Of course that Laker team with Smush, Luke, and Kwame starting blew a 3-1 lead, but the amazing thing is that they even had a 3-1 lead over the Suns in the first place, when that Laker team was clearly in rebuilding mode. Kobe single-handedly willed a young, inexperienced, developing team to a 7 game series in the western conference against a team that was supposed to be contending for a championship. I never used that as an argument, I mentioned that because Daygo brought up the post-Shaq Kobe era as an argument against Kobe. BTW, Magic, who is being rivaled by Kobe as the greatest Laker ever, is known for speaking against Kobe and the Lakers...he does it every year and he almost always predicts the Lakers to lose. I dunno if he says it cuz he truly believe it or if he simply doesnt wanna seem partial because he's a part owner of the franchise (or perhaps it could even be said out of envy?).. But whatever the reason is, it's part of his gimmick, and any opinion from Magic Johnson on the Lakers should be taken with a grain of salt. At least you agreed with me on the main topic, though, which is that the Cavs have no killer instinct, and the main reason for that being that they take on the personality of their star leader (as every team typically does)...PeACe

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »

I have always been against using stats as a main argument, so I dunno what ur going on about...Of course that Laker team with Smush, Luke, and Kwame starting blew a 3-1 lead, but the amazing thing is that they even had a 3-1 lead over the Suns in the first place, when that Laker team was clearly in rebuilding mode. Kobe single-handedly willed a young, inexperienced, developing team to a 7 game series in the western conference against a team that was supposed to be contending for a championship. I never used that as an argument, I mentioned that because Daygo brought up the post-Shaq Kobe era as an argument against Kobe. BTW, Magic, who is being rivaled by Kobe as the greatest Laker ever, is known for speaking against Kobe and the Lakers...he does it every year and he almost always predicts the Lakers to lose. I dunno if he says it cuz he truly believe it or if he simply doesnt wanna seem partial because he's a part owner of the franchise (or perhaps it could even be said out of envy?).. But whatever the reason is, it's part of his gimmick, and any opinion from Magic Johnson on the Lakers should be taken with a grain of salt. At least you agreed with me on the main topic, though, which is that the Cavs have no killer instinct, and the main reason for that being that they take on the personality of their star leader (as every team typically does)...PeACe

this isnt hate man. But honestly...at least after the Shaq era in LA. If Magic predicts the Lakers to lose every year in the playoffs....he has only been wrong once  :-X

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »

Saying wrong again shows your insanity lol. Does it make you feel like you were right the first time? lolol

Kobe was never going to surprass Jordan. Only you Kobestans think that. Was Jordan ever the Robin on those Bulls teams? No. Kobe has played the Batman role on only 1 championship. He was the sidekick on the others. You cant compare Kobe's first three titles as a sidekick to ANY of Jordans three titles as the focal point of the entire league. You Kobe fans are just upset because Shaq brought 3 titles to LA....then he left, the team went south as you watched the Pistons, Spurs and Heat win titles. Then finally as Kobe started to shake the "he cant win without Shaq" talk...and got over the hump last year....LeBron takes over and Kobe is now "that guy who was the MVP 2 yrs ago" lol

As I said, has Lebron surpassed Kobe careerwise? Of course not.  You would have to see where LeBron is in 5 years to make that assessment. But LeBron has been considered one of the top 2-3 players in the league since he hit the league. Not even the biggest Kobe dicksucker could argue that Kobe was lol. The man was traded for Vlade lol He was the 13th pick in the draft...Lebron #1. You cant say the expectations were EVER the same for these two lolol.

Insanity...right...Kobe has been compared to Jordan by pretty much every one, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Kobe was never a "side-kick", I dont understand how a first team all-nba and first team all-defense superstar can be seen as nothing but a "robin", but I'm not surprised you say that...In reality, Kobe was the guy who had the ball in his hands when the game mattered back in the threepeat era, and he was just as vital to those championship teams as Shaq was, and Shaq has said that himself (amongst many insiders who were part of that team). Would you discredit Magic's 5 rings and say he won them as a sidekick to Kareem? Honestly, it just sounds stupid when you're speaking of two hall-of-famers who played on the same championship team and contributed just as much in their own respect. And you're right, Kobe came into the league as an unpolished bench player playing behind an all-star for a world class franchise. He was never handed anything from the beginning, he had to work his way up and get to where he is today on his own, and that's a big part of why he has that killer instinct that LeBron doesn't.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »

this isnt hate man. But honestly...at least after the Shaq era in LA. If Magic predicts the Lakers to lose every year in the playoffs....he has only been wrong once  :-X

but only 2 of those teams were contending for a ring, so yea......

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
Amazing. All this time went by, all these bad things happened to you on the dub and you're still exactly the same guy since ever.

With that said, LeBron is currently better than Kobe. Kobe also got slaughtered by the Celtics with an even more amazing/deeper cast.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 04:12:30 PM »
Amazing. All this time went by, all these bad things happened to you on the dub and you're still exactly the same guy since ever.

With that said, LeBron is currently better than Kobe. Kobe also got slaughtered by the Celtics with an even more amazing/deeper cast.

The same guy always making great points to put the misguided sheep in check, right? ;)

What makes LeBron better than Kobe? Until he can prove that he's not just a regular season highlight reel, he will not be comparable to a player of Kobe's status. NBA fans get way too excited, way too quick...your fickle media-guided minds have been touched. :-*

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »

Insanity...right...Kobe has been compared to Jordan by pretty much every one, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Kobe was never a "side-kick", I dont understand how a first team all-nba and first team all-defense superstar can be seen as nothing but a "robin", but I'm not surprised you say that...In reality, Kobe was the guy who had the ball in his hands when the game mattered back in the threepeat era, and he was just as vital to those championship teams as Shaq was, and Shaq has said that himself (amongst many insiders who were part of that team). Would you discredit Magic's 5 rings and say he won them as a sidekick to Kareem? Honestly, it just sounds stupid when you're speaking of two hall-of-famers who played on the same championship team and contributed just as much in their own respect. And you're right, Kobe came into the league as an unpolished bench player playing behind an all-star for a world class franchise. He was never handed anything from the beginning, he had to work his way up and get to where he is today on his own, and that's a big part of why he has that killer instinct that LeBron doesn't.

lol Magic was the Finals MVP his rookie year.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
Was Jordan ever the Robin on those Bulls teams? No. Kobe has played the Batman role on only 1 championship. He was the sidekick on the others. You cant compare Kobe's first three titles as a sidekick to ANY of Jordans three titles as the focal point of the entire league.
These aren't side kick #s:
Playoffs
2000 - 21.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.5 steals
2001 - 29.4 points, 7.3 rebounds, 6.1 assists, 1.6 steals
2002 - 26.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 1.4 steas

Let's not forget that Kobe was often the go to guy in the final minutes because opposing teams wanted to foul Shaq every time he had the ball so they could send him to the free throw line.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »

lol Magic was the Finals MVP his rookie year.

That's because Kareem didn't play...had Kareem played, Kareem would have been Finals MVP, and people with your mindset woulda thought "oh yea, Magic won, but he was just a sidekick to Kareem"...That's simply not how it works when you got two all-time GOATs on one team.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:48 PM »
Why LeBron will NEVER Be Kobe...

1) he will never have Shaq in his prime.
2) he will never have Ron Artest (elite defender), Pau Gasol (top big man according to NIK), Andrew Bynum (future Wilt Chamberlain according to NIK) & Lamaar Odom coming off the bench for him.

we all saw the year Shaq left & the Lakers finished .500. ;)